Oklahoma by GoddessMoonLady
Summary: Harry is a 12 year old Orphan about to meet his birth father for the first time. Song fic, Majorly AU. No Voldie, Dumbles, ect. (Sev doesn't work at Hogwarts)
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Arthur, Bill, Charlie, Fred George, Ginny, Hedwig, Molly, Original Character, Percy, Ron
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: Alternate Universe
Takes Place: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1419 Read: 4403 Published: 18 May 2005 Updated: 18 May 2005
Story Notes:

Oklahoma by Billy Gilman is a family favorite in our house and every time I heard it I got the itch to use it for a story so, I put pen to paper and this is the resault! I try to interpret feeling through words since I wasn't blessed with the drawing skills of some of my friends. *sad smile*  If I can't paint the image on a piece of paper then I can at least paint it across your imagination. I hope you all enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writting it!

If you haven't heard the song before you can go Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3BA8bDzI3k to watch it on Youtube.

1. Oklahoma by GoddessMoonLady

Oklahoma by GoddessMoonLady
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer:

GML: Aha!! I did it! ::does little happy dance::

Draco: What did you do now?

GML: ::grin:: I finished this story!

Harry: Oh, is that all? ::rolls eyes::

GML: Shut up! It took me a while! ::sniff:: Some people just don’t appreciate Genius.

Draco: If that’s Genius, then I’m a dancing chicken.

GML: ::evil smirk:: ::pulls out wand and casts spell::

Draco: ::turns into a chicken dancing across the floor:: Bicock!

GML: ::snicker:: I don’t own ‘HP’, but I did turn Draco into a dancing chicken! ::laughs hysterically::

Harry: ::wince::

Suitcase packed with all his things,

Car pulls up; the doorbell rings,

He don’t wanna go,

He thought he’d found his home,

But with circumstances he can’t change,

He waves goodbye as they pull away

from the life he’s known

for the last seven months or so…

:H:H:H:H:H:

Harry slammed the lid of his trunk shut with a nervous sigh. He glanced out his bedroom window. Today was the day. He was leaving the Weasleys.

A couple of days ago Mrs. Weasley had received a letter saying that a ministry representative would be coming to see them regarding his birth father. When she had shown him the letter he had been thrilled.

He had wanted to meet the man since his Mum and Dad, James, had told him that James wasn’t really his father, not that that changed the fact that he was his Dad. That had been almost three years ago. The urge had only grown when his Mum and Dad had died Seven Months ago in a Death Eater raid.

Harry started down the stairs when he heard someone nock on the door. He froze on the bottom step as Mrs. Weasley went to answer the door. Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Percy, Bill, Charley, and Mr. Weasley were sitting in the Kitchen around the table as Mrs. Weasley led their guest into the room.

“Harry, dear, you remember Ms. Torrain, from the Child Care Department at the Ministry?” Molly called to the pale boy on the stairs. Harry had always been pale, no matter how much Quiditch he played or how often he went outside. His Mum had laughed and told me he got it from his Father when he asked about it after they had told him.

“Hello, Harry. Are your trunk and things packed? We’re expected soon.” Ms. Torrain gave him a gentle smile. She remembered how skittish this child could be when he was nervous. The poor dear, she certainly couldn’t blame him. He was such a sweet boy, calm, quiet, he seemed much older then his short twelve years.

The Green eyed boy nodded, “Yeah, it’s up in Mine and Ron’s room.” He swallowed nervously fighting not to show how afraid he was.

“We’ll get it.” Fred and George raced up the stairs to bring Harry’s trunk and owl, Hedwig, down. While they were gone Harry said his goodbyes. Ginny burst into tears as she hugged him.

After a few minutes everything was in the boot of Ms. Torrain’s car. They were driving because Harry was too young to Apparate. Harry sat in the back seat waving goodbye as the Weasleys got farther and farther away. Finally when he couldn’t see them anymore, he settled to his thoughts.

:H:H:H:H:H:

She said we found a man,

Who looks like you,

Who cried and said he never knew

About the boy in pictures that we showed him,

However in his younger days

He knew he’d made a few mistakes

But he swore he would have been there,

Had he known it.

Son we think we found you Dad in Oklahoma.

:H:H:H:H:H:

))FLASH((

Harry sat on the couch in the Weasley’s living room fidgeting slightly. Across from him sat a pretty middle aged Witch with strawberry blonde hair and kind violet eyes. Ms. Torrain sat a folder in her lap and addressed him kindly. “Now, Harry, I’m pleased to say I have some very good news for you.

“After an extensive search, we have come up with a positive result. We found a gentleman who looks almost exactly like you. We asked him a few questions and have compiled them all here.” She tapped the folder lightly, “His name is Severus Snape. When we spoke with him about you he said he never knew. He seemed to be fighting back tears as we showed him your photo. He kept saying that he knew he’d made many mistakes when he was younger, but he swore he would have been there for you had he but known it.”

“So what does all of this mean?” Harry asked. He didn’t dare hope it meant what it sounded like.

Ms. Torrian smiled, “Son, We’ve found your Father. He’s currently living in a small suburban neighborhood just outside of London. I will be back on Tuesday to collect you and your things. You’re going to your new home.”

Harry stared at her in stunned silence, tears silently trickling down his cheeks. Home to his Father.

))END FLASH((

:H:H:H:H:H:

A million thoughts raced through his mind,

What’s his name?

What’s he like?

And will he be…

Anything like the man in his dreams…

She could see the questions in his eyes,

Whispered ‘Don’t be scared my child,

We will let you know what we know…

About the man we found,

He looks like you,

Who cried and said he never knew

About the boy in pictures that we showed him,

However in his younger days

He knew he’d made a few mistakes

But he swore he would have been there,

Had he known it.

You always said that this was something,

That you wanted…

Son, it’s time to meet your Dad in Oklahoma.

:H:H:H:H:H:

He absently petted Hedwig, his Snowy owl, a present from his Mum for getting his Hogwarts letter, as he stared out the window watching the streets, houses, trees, and such whiz by the car’s windows without actually seeing them. He couldn’t help but wander about his father.

What is he like? Will he be anything like his Dad, James? What did he sound like?

Ms. Torrain glanced at him in the rearview mirror. “Relax, Harry, I can tell you everything we know about him.” She smiled as his head snapped up having read his expression perfectly.

“Now, as I told you before, his name is Severus Snape, he’s 38, and an unrivalled Potions Master. He has shoulder length jet black hair, like yours, and black eyes. If it weren’t for the small differences, You’d be identical.

“He’s rather pale and may look rather cold at first glance, but remember, I would never send you somewhere if it would be dangerous for you, ok? You always said this was what you wanted. Now, it’s time to meet your Father.” She gave him a reassuring smile as they turned off the highway.

:H:H:H:H:H:

One last turn he held his breathe,

As they reach the fifth house on the left,

And all at once the tears came rolling in…

And as the pulled into the drive,

A man was waiting there outside,

Who wiped the worry from his eyes,

Smiled and shook his hand,

And he said…

:H:H:H:H:H:

Harry held his breathe as they turned onto the quiet little street. He felt as though he couldn’t breath he was so nervous. Tears welled up in his eyes as Ms. Torrain pulled up to the curb in front of the fifth house on the left.

It was a nice quiet street but that wasn’t what He was staring at. There, standing on the front walk, was a man. His Father. He was as Ms. Torrain had said, tall, dark, but handsome. He had Harry’s coloring and build. He was dressed in plain black jeans, a black silk button down, and a black outer robe over them. Ms. Torrain placed her hand on the small of his back, nudging him forward.

As they reach him Severus forced back his own nerves, smiled, and shook his son’s hand. He was amazed, he had seen the boy’s photo, but it still shocked him to see Lily’s emerald eyes in the younger face so much like his own. “Hello, Harry. I finally get to see you for myself.” His voice was like black silk, smooth and deep, filled with regret for all the years he’d missed.

“I know I’ve made plenty of mistakes when I was younger, but I swear I would have been there for you if your Mum had told me. Well, we can’t change the past but we still have the future to look forward to, don’t we?” He smiled down at the boy, his son.

Harry stared at him hopefully, “Do you really mean that?” This was it, all his hopes and fear relied on this moment.

Severus laughed, “More then anything. Never again will you be alone. Welcome home, Harry.”

Harry flung his arms around his new father’s waist before following him into the house, his new home, his trunk and things floating along behind them.

Ms Torrain followed them inside, they just had a few things to sign, she would inspect Harry’s new room, and then she would leave the happy new family to really get to know each other.

:H:H:H:H:H:

I’m a man who looks like you,

Who cried I never knew

About the boy in pictures that they showed me,

However in my younger days

He knew I’d made a few mistakes

But I swear I would have been there,

Had I known it.

Never again will you ever be alone…

Son, Welcome to your home…

In Oklahoma…..

The End.
End Notes:

GML: Done! Yes!

Harry: Why is that such an accomplishment? It’s only a ONE-SHOT.

GML: Because! I had to type this up on a library computer and you know how much I hate these damn things.

Draco: ::still a a chicken: Bock bock, BICOCK!

GML: ::grins:: Anyways, What do you think? Like it? Don’t REVIEW OR BE TURNED INTO CHICKENS LIKE DRACO! HAHAHAHAHAAHA!!! ::cough cough:: ::hack:: ::cough::

Harry:: ::snicker:: ::picks up D and pets him::

Draco: ::nips H::

Harry: OWW!!

GML: ::laughs::



This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=830