Finally by Dina
Summary: This is a one shot AU between Harry and Severus.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: General
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 479 Read: 3280 Published: 03 Aug 2005 Updated: 03 Aug 2005

1. Finally by Dina

Finally by Dina

“Are you finished?”

“No”

After a few seconds, “Finished yet?”

“No”

Harry kicked the chair in frustration. Five more seconds passed, six, seven, eight … and Harry could wait no more. He looked up again and whined, “Come on! When are you going to finish?”

Severus glared at him before coolly saying, “Mr. Potter, if you do not stop whining like a spoiled 4 years old this instant, I am not going to finish today, and you will be very sorry. Is that clear?”

Harry cringed. He knew this tone quite well and thought it better to comply. He sighed and whispered, “Yes Sir,” before settling into a very cute pout that definitely made him look like a spoiled 4 years old who didn’t get his way. Severus swallowed to stop himself from laughing and scowled. The boy was just a spoiled brat and he was not going to indulge him.

After a couple of minutes, Severus finished combing Harry’s impossible hair with the potion he made especially for Harry to use this day.

“There Potter, all done.”

He turned Harry’s chair around to face the mirror. Harry’s hair was very neat, pulled back in a low pony tail held by a golden clasp; a few fringes fell carelessly over his forehead. He was wearing dark green dress robes that Severus had bought for him, the shiny velvet robes made his wide emerald eyes much more pronounced. A silk white collar was attached to the robes and was pinned together with a magnificent snake made of pure gold with dark green stones for eyes, a present from Severus. Harry simply looked stunning.

Harry looked at himself in mirror and at Severus who was standing behind him.

Harry turned around and looked deeply into Severus’ eyes. Harry’s voice was full of emotions as his eyes burned with tears, “Severus, thank you. Thank you for everything you have done.”

Severus closed his eyes then opened them again. “It is me who should thank you.” He moved closer to where Harry was standing, “Thank you Harry for bringing some sunshine to my life.”

Severus opened his arms and Harry immediately leaned inside them and closed his eyes. He inhaled the now familiar scent of warmth and love and treasured the caress of the arms enveloping him.

Severus then pushed him back gently, “Harry it’s time.”

Harry nodded but before turning to go, he looked in Severus eyes one last time and whispered, “I love you, my dear father.”

Severus smiled eyes brimming with tears before whispering as well, “I love you my dear child.”

Severus then guided Harry out of the room to the Great Hall of Hogwarts. Everywhere was crowded with people, but Harry only saw two persons, Severus, his friend, guardian, mentor, and father; and Ginny, who looked very beautiful waiting for them at the doors of the Great Hall, in her white wedding dress, holding a bunch of lilies in her hand.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=962