Harry Potter and the Quest for Peace by Midnights song
Summary: After Albus Dumbledore finds that staying at Privet Drive is no longer an option for Harry Potter he sends Severus Snape to collect him. In order for the Wizarding world to win the War Severus and Harry will have to work together. Romance, Tragedy, and adventure lead up to the final battle. Will Harry and Snape survive being around each other? Can Severus uncover the secrets that Harry has been hiding? Please Read and review.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1834 Read: 7010 Published: 08 Aug 2005 Updated: 24 Apr 2006
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All of the Harry Potter Characters are the Property of Jk Rowling.

Slash relationship mentioned: unknown pairing and type.

Rude Awakening by Midnights song

Severus Snape was sleeping peacefully when a loud noise woke him from his slumber.

“Severus,” the voice called. Severus’s eyes flew open and within seconds he had his wand in his hand.

“Severus,” the voice called. Severus Snape cursed as he walked out into the living room and to his fireplace where he saw Albus Dumbledore with his head in the green flames of the fire.

“I do hope you have a good reason for waking me up Albus.” “As you know I rarely get sleep, so naturally I am rather upset when such a precious gift is taken from me.”

“My dear boy I am so sorry, but I need to ask a favor of you.” “Would you please come to my office?” Severus looked at Albus Dumbledore’s face. His eyes were void of the twinkle that they usually possessed. He looked tired, and worn out. Severus gritted his teeth and looked at his mentor with a resigned expression on his face.

“I’ll be there in a moment,” he said. Albus removed his face from the fire and waited for his colleague to appear.

Once Severus had thrown on his dressing gown he hurried to the headmaster’s office.

“Come in,” Dumbledore said as Severus knocked on the door.

“What is it that couldn’t possibly wait until morning Albus?” Severus asked a frown on his face.

“I need you to go and collect Harry from his relative’s home.” Severus sneared.

“Why pray tell would you have me do such a task?” “They boy and I can’t be around each other for very long and you know that.”

“It is not longer safe for him with his Aunt and Uncle Severus, and you are the one that I can trust to bring him here safely.”

“Potter won’t like this,” Severus said.

“I imagine not, but it’s the best thing for him.” Severus didn’t say a word but he shook his head. He was afraid that if he spoke he would say something that would greatly disappoint the headmaster. Silently he stood and headed out past the gates of Hogwarts and apperated to Privet Drive.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This is my first attempt at a Harry Snape story, although I have read quite a few. I hope to have some interesting twists along the way. Suggestions for the story are welcome.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=967