Harry Potter and the Quest for Peace by Midnights song
Summary: After Albus Dumbledore finds that staying at Privet Drive is no longer an option for Harry Potter he sends Severus Snape to collect him. In order for the Wizarding world to win the War Severus and Harry will have to work together. Romance, Tragedy, and adventure lead up to the final battle. Will Harry and Snape survive being around each other? Can Severus uncover the secrets that Harry has been hiding? Please Read and review.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1834 Read: 7011 Published: 08 Aug 2005 Updated: 24 Apr 2006
Revelations by Midnights song

Within seconds after leaving Privit Drive Harry and Severus arrived outside the gates of Hogwarts. Swiftly Professor Snape entered the castle followed closely by Harry and headed to the headmaster’s office. After quickly saying the password and riding up the spiraling stair case the two men found themselves standing in front of Albus Dumbledore’s door.

“You may enter,” a voice said from inside the room. Professor Snape quickly sat down in a chair next to Dumbledore’s desk, and motioned for Harry to do the same in the chair that was beside him.

“Awe Harry my boy its good to see you.” Lemon drop? The headmaster asked, holding out a dish of candy.

“No thank you,” Harry said, not quite meeting the headmasters gaze. Dumbledore looked sad for a moment; the twinkle leaving his crystal blue eyes.

“As you are probably aware of Harry it is no longer safe for you to be residing at the Dursleys.” Therefore, I am leaving you in the care of Professor Snape. Harry bowed his head; finding the carpet of Dumbledore’s office very interesting.

“I assure you Potter; this isn’t my idea of a summer vacation either.” Harry looked up to fine obsidian orbs staring at him with such intensity that he could have sworn that Snape was trying to see into his soul.

“I hope you two can work through your problems and come to some kind of an understanding.” Both Harry and Snape looked at Dumbledore, frowns plastered on their faces.

“Now then Harry before you go to Snape manner I would like madam Pomphry to give you a check up,” Dumbledore said.

“What for, I feel perfectly fine,” Harry said, thankful that he had cast a few concealment charms on himself before Snape had come to collect him.

“I just want to make sure that you are in tip top shape Harry,” Dumbledore said jovially. Harry cast his eyes towards the ground once more; hoping that madam Pomphry wouldn’t notice the concealment charms that he had placed on himself.

“Fine,” Harry said reluctantly. But why can’t we stay at Hogwarts? Why do we have to go to Snape manor?

“I think it would be best,” Dumbledore said. You both will leave as soon as your check up is over. Now off to the hospital wing with you. Harry slowly stood and headed for the door; Dumbledore and Snape following a couple steps behind him. When Madam Pomphry saw Harry Potter in her hospital wing in the middle of summer she almost fainted from shock.

“You can’t even stay away from me during the summers now can you Mr. Potter.” Harry laughed and pointed behind him.

“The headmaster wanted me to come,” he said.

“Examine him Poppy and tell me what you come up with.” The nurse nodded and ushered Harry to a bed where she began running diagnostic spells on him. After she ran about a dozen of spells on him she realized that something was wrong. Usually the boy came back with a bit of malnutrition, and a few cuts and bruises, but the spells were showing nothing. Just to se what would happen she did a few wordless counter charms and gasped at what she saw. Under heavy concealment spells was none other than “The boy Who Lived” covered with cuts and bruises. When Albus Dumbledore heard Madam Pomphry’s sharp intake of breath he knew that his suspicions were true.

“How bad Poppy?” he asked. After a few minutes the nurse spoke.

“He has fresh cuts and bruises on his chest, shoulders, stomach and back, and some scars that were made by some kind of object, although I don’t know what it was.” Snape looked at the frail boy lying on the bed before them. He remembered being in his position once and he felt sorry for the boy. He was beginning to think that maybe James Potter’s son wasn’t exactly like James.

Harry lay motionless on the bed. He couldn’t believe that the nurse had found out about his charms that he had cast on himself.

“Harry, eventually you are going to talk about this,” Dumbledore said. Harry looked up at the headmaster; a dull look in his usually bright emerald eyes.

“No I won’t,” he said, turning away from the kind face of the headmaster. Albus sighed and looked at Severus.

“After he is administered the proper medical attention I suggest you take the boy directly to Snape manorr.” Snape nodded, not even saying a word.

“Severus, he needs you.” With those final words Dumbledore left the hospital wing. A few minutes later the worst of Harry’s injuries were healed.

“He will need nutrient potions Severus,” Madam Pomphry said.

“I’m sure I can make some Poppy.” “After all, I am a potions master.” She scowled at Severus before heading to her office.

“Well Potter we should go.” Harry looked around the hospital wing, but was brought back to awareness when a quill was put into his hand.

“It’s a port key that will take us directly to my manner.” “On the count of three.” “One, two, three.” Soon the white walls of the hospital wing were gone only to be replaced by the old dungeon of Snape manorr.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This Chapter was still short, but I tried to make it longer. Also, I am looking for someone who has the time, and is good at beta reading. Thank you to those of you who have read this fic so far.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=967