Harry Potter and the Quest for Peace by Midnights song
Summary: After Albus Dumbledore finds that staying at Privet Drive is no longer an option for Harry Potter he sends Severus Snape to collect him. In order for the Wizarding world to win the War Severus and Harry will have to work together. Romance, Tragedy, and adventure lead up to the final battle. Will Harry and Snape survive being around each other? Can Severus uncover the secrets that Harry has been hiding? Please Read and review.
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required)
Snape Flavour: None
Genres: Drama
Media Type: None
Tags: None
Takes Place: None
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Romance/Slash
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 1834 Read: 7013 Published: 08 Aug 2005 Updated: 24 Apr 2006
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All of the Harry Potter Characters are the Property of Jk Rowling.

Slash relationship mentioned: unknown pairing and type.

1. Rude Awakening by Midnights song

2. Harry’s Savior, or not. by Midnights song

3. Revelations by Midnights song

Rude Awakening by Midnights song

Severus Snape was sleeping peacefully when a loud noise woke him from his slumber.

“Severus,” the voice called. Severus’s eyes flew open and within seconds he had his wand in his hand.

“Severus,” the voice called. Severus Snape cursed as he walked out into the living room and to his fireplace where he saw Albus Dumbledore with his head in the green flames of the fire.

“I do hope you have a good reason for waking me up Albus.” “As you know I rarely get sleep, so naturally I am rather upset when such a precious gift is taken from me.”

“My dear boy I am so sorry, but I need to ask a favor of you.” “Would you please come to my office?” Severus looked at Albus Dumbledore’s face. His eyes were void of the twinkle that they usually possessed. He looked tired, and worn out. Severus gritted his teeth and looked at his mentor with a resigned expression on his face.

“I’ll be there in a moment,” he said. Albus removed his face from the fire and waited for his colleague to appear.

Once Severus had thrown on his dressing gown he hurried to the headmaster’s office.

“Come in,” Dumbledore said as Severus knocked on the door.

“What is it that couldn’t possibly wait until morning Albus?” Severus asked a frown on his face.

“I need you to go and collect Harry from his relative’s home.” Severus sneared.

“Why pray tell would you have me do such a task?” “They boy and I can’t be around each other for very long and you know that.”

“It is not longer safe for him with his Aunt and Uncle Severus, and you are the one that I can trust to bring him here safely.”

“Potter won’t like this,” Severus said.

“I imagine not, but it’s the best thing for him.” Severus didn’t say a word but he shook his head. He was afraid that if he spoke he would say something that would greatly disappoint the headmaster. Silently he stood and headed out past the gates of Hogwarts and apperated to Privet Drive.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This is my first attempt at a Harry Snape story, although I have read quite a few. I hope to have some interesting twists along the way. Suggestions for the story are welcome.
Harry’s Savior, or not. by Midnights song

Harry Potter lay on the floor of his bedroom in number four Privit Drive. It was to be another sleepless night for him but it didn’t matter. Sleep meant very little to him now. He glanced over at the window and noticed that the sun was beginning to set, the Dursleys would be heading off to bed soon, and then he could sneak downstairs and grab something more substantial then what his Aunt Petunia gave him to eat. He knew what stair creaked, and what floor board would groan under his feet if he would step on it so he was sure to tread lightly. Every night for the last couple weeks he had been sneaking downstairs to get a peace of toast and a glass of water, and his relatives didn’t seem to notice. He couldn’t take more food for fear of being caught. Sighing he reached over and plucked his fifth year Transfiguration book off of the pile of books he had lying on the floor and began thumbing through it. He began reading a chapter about turning animals into inanimate objects when he heard a noise downstairs. Harry quickly sat down his book and pulled his wand out of his pocket. Quietly he tiptoed towards the door and opened it to see if he could hear anything. He was grateful that today Uncle Vernon was being especially kind by leaving his door unlocked. With his breath held, Harry stood in his doorway and listened.

“I’m here to collect Mr. Potter,” said a smooth silky voice. Harry froze, their could only be one person with that voice. Harry listened harder.

“Get off my property,” uncle Vernon said.” I don’t want anymore freaks on my property.

“I suggest Mr. Dursley, that if you don’t want me to do something that will attract attention to you and your family that you let me into your home so that I may collect the boy.” Harry could hear by the tone in Snapes voice that he was getting angry.

“Boy,” uncle Vernon bellowed, get down here, and bring all of your things with you.” Harry didn’t waste any time throwing the belongings that he had out into his trunk, he knew the longer he stayed up here now the more enraged his uncle would be. Within minutes he was walking down the stairs, dragging his trunk with the owl cage on top of it.

Severus looked at the boy as he reached the bottom stair, he was far to thin for a boy his age, and his eyes had shadows under them from lack of sleep. He also kept his eyes cast downward as he walked the last few steps and to his uncle’s side.

“You are leaving with this, this,” Vernon was interrupted by a sharp glare from Harry, his head was now high and his expression was cold.

“His name is Professor Snape uncle Vernon; he is the potions master at Hogwarts.”

“I don’t care what he is boy just get out of my house.”

Severus stared at Vernon with a smear plastered on his face.

“Say good-bye to your nephew,” he said in a dangerous tone of voice. Vernon looked at Snape as if he were mad.

“Good-bye uncle Vernon, see you next summer,” Harry said, knowing that he could say anything he wanted now because his uncle wouldn’t dare touch him in front of his teacher.

“Potter,” uncle Vernon said, and stocked into the living room.

Harry looked around, he didn’t really want to go anywhere with his most hated potions master, but he didn’t want to stay here.

“Let’s go Potter,” Snape said, breaking Harry away from his thoughts. Harry was about to lift his trunk when Snape waved his wand and shrunk it.

“Thanks,” he said. Snape just nodded and walked out the door. Once they had reached the outskirts of Privit Drive Snape, without saying a word, silently grabbed Harry’s arm and apperated them away.

To be continued...
End Notes:
I know nothing to exciting has happened yet, but there is still more to come. This story is Pre HBP. I am also looking for a beta reader.
Revelations by Midnights song

Within seconds after leaving Privit Drive Harry and Severus arrived outside the gates of Hogwarts. Swiftly Professor Snape entered the castle followed closely by Harry and headed to the headmaster’s office. After quickly saying the password and riding up the spiraling stair case the two men found themselves standing in front of Albus Dumbledore’s door.

“You may enter,” a voice said from inside the room. Professor Snape quickly sat down in a chair next to Dumbledore’s desk, and motioned for Harry to do the same in the chair that was beside him.

“Awe Harry my boy its good to see you.” Lemon drop? The headmaster asked, holding out a dish of candy.

“No thank you,” Harry said, not quite meeting the headmasters gaze. Dumbledore looked sad for a moment; the twinkle leaving his crystal blue eyes.

“As you are probably aware of Harry it is no longer safe for you to be residing at the Dursleys.” Therefore, I am leaving you in the care of Professor Snape. Harry bowed his head; finding the carpet of Dumbledore’s office very interesting.

“I assure you Potter; this isn’t my idea of a summer vacation either.” Harry looked up to fine obsidian orbs staring at him with such intensity that he could have sworn that Snape was trying to see into his soul.

“I hope you two can work through your problems and come to some kind of an understanding.” Both Harry and Snape looked at Dumbledore, frowns plastered on their faces.

“Now then Harry before you go to Snape manner I would like madam Pomphry to give you a check up,” Dumbledore said.

“What for, I feel perfectly fine,” Harry said, thankful that he had cast a few concealment charms on himself before Snape had come to collect him.

“I just want to make sure that you are in tip top shape Harry,” Dumbledore said jovially. Harry cast his eyes towards the ground once more; hoping that madam Pomphry wouldn’t notice the concealment charms that he had placed on himself.

“Fine,” Harry said reluctantly. But why can’t we stay at Hogwarts? Why do we have to go to Snape manor?

“I think it would be best,” Dumbledore said. You both will leave as soon as your check up is over. Now off to the hospital wing with you. Harry slowly stood and headed for the door; Dumbledore and Snape following a couple steps behind him. When Madam Pomphry saw Harry Potter in her hospital wing in the middle of summer she almost fainted from shock.

“You can’t even stay away from me during the summers now can you Mr. Potter.” Harry laughed and pointed behind him.

“The headmaster wanted me to come,” he said.

“Examine him Poppy and tell me what you come up with.” The nurse nodded and ushered Harry to a bed where she began running diagnostic spells on him. After she ran about a dozen of spells on him she realized that something was wrong. Usually the boy came back with a bit of malnutrition, and a few cuts and bruises, but the spells were showing nothing. Just to se what would happen she did a few wordless counter charms and gasped at what she saw. Under heavy concealment spells was none other than “The boy Who Lived” covered with cuts and bruises. When Albus Dumbledore heard Madam Pomphry’s sharp intake of breath he knew that his suspicions were true.

“How bad Poppy?” he asked. After a few minutes the nurse spoke.

“He has fresh cuts and bruises on his chest, shoulders, stomach and back, and some scars that were made by some kind of object, although I don’t know what it was.” Snape looked at the frail boy lying on the bed before them. He remembered being in his position once and he felt sorry for the boy. He was beginning to think that maybe James Potter’s son wasn’t exactly like James.

Harry lay motionless on the bed. He couldn’t believe that the nurse had found out about his charms that he had cast on himself.

“Harry, eventually you are going to talk about this,” Dumbledore said. Harry looked up at the headmaster; a dull look in his usually bright emerald eyes.

“No I won’t,” he said, turning away from the kind face of the headmaster. Albus sighed and looked at Severus.

“After he is administered the proper medical attention I suggest you take the boy directly to Snape manorr.” Snape nodded, not even saying a word.

“Severus, he needs you.” With those final words Dumbledore left the hospital wing. A few minutes later the worst of Harry’s injuries were healed.

“He will need nutrient potions Severus,” Madam Pomphry said.

“I’m sure I can make some Poppy.” “After all, I am a potions master.” She scowled at Severus before heading to her office.

“Well Potter we should go.” Harry looked around the hospital wing, but was brought back to awareness when a quill was put into his hand.

“It’s a port key that will take us directly to my manner.” “On the count of three.” “One, two, three.” Soon the white walls of the hospital wing were gone only to be replaced by the old dungeon of Snape manorr.

To be continued...
End Notes:
This Chapter was still short, but I tried to make it longer. Also, I am looking for someone who has the time, and is good at beta reading. Thank you to those of you who have read this fic so far.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=967