It's not enough by lastcrazyhorn
Summary: Harry wants what no one has thought to give him. Safety. Security. The ability to rely on someone else. And he's willing to go to any length to find it.
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Pomfrey, Ron
Snape Flavour: Overly-protective Snape, Snape is Stern
Genres: Angst, Drama, Family, Hurt/Comfort
Media Type: None
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe
Takes Place: 2nd summer, 2nd Year
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Challenges: None
Series: Wanted
Chapters: 26 Completed: Yes Word count: 4918 Read: 101725 Published: 26 May 2018 Updated: 19 Jun 2018
Nature vs. Nurture by lastcrazyhorn

'The only accommodations ever made for students in need were for Gryffindors in need.'

'And even then,'   The note continues, 'The majority of the Gryffindors in need were also neglected, much like the rest of those in Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.  When does it end?'

Albus scowls and lays the folder aside.  

He reaches for a quill and some parchment instead.

'The majority of those Death Eaters who died in the last war would have come to a sticky end regardless.  Once again, you confuse nature and nurture. The majority of these students were bad to begin with, and no amount of help on my part would have done them any good.'

“Fawkes, if you would be so good as to take this to our dear Potions’ master?”

“Harry won’t fall the same way as those who grew to be Death Eaters did.  He is too kind, too willing to help and not hurt,” He murmurs to himself.

Behind his back, the portraits watch, and when they are certain he is not watching, one leaves his frame in search of a certain Slytherin Head-of-House.

The End.


This story archived at http://www.potionsandsnitches.org/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=3483