Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter: Harry learns just who Dumbledore intends to take care of him.

Albus had already turned to Snape and handed him Harry's wand. Harry made a sound of disbelief and outrage before his mouth fell open in shock. "Why are you giving it to him?" The Potions professor seemed to think the same thing, but took it nonetheless, and slipped it up a sleeve before looking at the boy with a superior air.
Welcome to British Airlines

Portkey had never been Harry's favourite means of Wizard transportation. He had shut his eyes during the awful ride, and still had them shut tightly when they landed in a sickening lurch. It was because of that, that the first thing he noticed was the noise- a constant murmur of voices, low music, footsteps and the sound of rolling wheels.

The next thing he noticed was that Hoppity had steadied him when they landed, and that he was still clutching one of her arms. He quickly let go, a little embarrassed since he didn't know if she would mind. He didn’t know how he felt about her. In some way, it was like she was replacing his mum, but that would mean that Snape was replacing his dad as well. He wouldn’t ever be able to think of Snape as his dad so he figured that he would never be able to think of Hoppity as his mum either. In a way, he was glad. If Dumbledore had got a friendly, loving couple to look after him then he would have been in danger of loving them back. But this was okay. He’d never love Snape so he was safe. He could give Hoppity a chance, and like her without forgetting himself.

That decided, he looked around his surroundings curiously. They had landed behind some tall plotted plants in what appeared to be an unused hallway. Empty phone booths ran along one side, while the other wall only had a large colorful advertisement hung up in a black frame. The plants cut off their view of the main corridor, but through the leaves Harry could see people walking briskly by with colorful luggage. It didn't look as if anyone had noticed their arrival. A loud announcement was made over an intercom stating that Flight A-45 was delayed.

He turned to see Hoppity searching through her bag while Snape put down his case, and shifted the box he still held to a more secure position. Harry really had no idea how the man managed to hold onto his case, the box and the sock while being portkeyed. Too bad he hadn't dropped something on his foot.

Harry was still peeved at the thought that Dumbledore had given Snape his wand. A wand is very important to a Wizard, and Harry felt almost as if Dumbledore had betrayed him when he handed Harry's wand over to Snape. Well, he would just have to find a way to take his wand back without Snape noticing. That settled, Harry decided to take in as much as he could of the airport. He had never been to one before, and he felt a thrill of excitement at the thought of going on a plane.

Hoppity pulled out some strangely colored pieces of paper and looked at them intently. "Alright then. I think we are supposed to find gate J-26."

Snape gave her a dour look. "You think."

Hoppity studied the tickets once more. "Almost positive. Now all we need to do is figure out where we are, and where that is."

"I refuse to carry your tea set while you traipse around getting us lost," Snape’s tone was biting.

Hoppity gave a startled look and then smiled. "Well should I carry the tea set while you get us lost? I can hardly be expected to carry the box, and navigate this place at the same time."

Snape's expression did not change. Another announcement was heard over the noise that Flight A-42 was now boarding. A thunderous motor cart rolled by. They all turned to look as it flashed through the plants. Harry noticed that it had a red flag on a thin pole that almost brushed the ceiling.

"Let's try to catch one of those. That way no one will have to carry anything, and we won't get lost." Hoppity looked pleased with her plan.

They exited from behind the potted plants, leaving behind one striped purple and red sock, and entered the chaos. Harry's wide eyes took in everything. People in all shapes and sizes quickly walked past from where they were standing, carrying an assortment of bags and boxes on wheels. The walls were covered in advertisements and signs. There were open side rooms filled with chairs, and lines of people, and the far walls were covered in windows, showing the darkening evening. Nearby, a baby started wailing. His attention quickly shifted to a man dressed in a sharp pilot's uniform, pulling a black bag on wheels strolling quickly by, giving a smile and a nod at Harry's wide eyed gaze.

Snape's voice distracted him from his marveling, "And how do you propose we catch one of those monstrous contraptions?"

Hoppity looked lost for a moment before answering. "Well, we will just have to wait until an empty one comes by and erm... stop it."

Giving a snort, Snape set down what he was carrying, and leaned against the wall, expectant. "By all means, go ahead," he said derisively.

They waited there for a couple minutes, just watching people walk by, and listening to random announcements. Harry tried to read some nearby signs, and almost panicked when they felt more like pictures than words. He concentrated harder, and was relieved when he was able to understand what they said. It took effort, but he could still read. It felt odd being a younger size, he noticed. His body felt strange and uncoordinated. Reaching out to grab something, his hand would fall short of his target, and flounder in midair before compensating. It was quite frustrating.

When they heard the approaching noise of a motor cart, they watched for it, but were disappointed when it was clear that it already had passengers. They had to wait a few minutes more before hearing the sound of another motor cart, but this too was occupied. Hoppity resolutely turned the other way to await the next cart. Harry had the strange desire to do something to help her. He watched as the last cart went by and noticed that it was slowing down. It stopped about twelve adult paces away.

"They're getting off," Harry said, coming closer to Hoppity.

"What was that Harry?"

"The people are getting off that one."

"Oh good!" Hoppity turned to look, and then bounded after it. Harry tried to keep up. His smaller strides made him feel as if the floor stretched out underneath his feet and grew longer as he ran after her. Snape followed at a more sedate pace with the tea box, and his case.

Hoppity had managed to catch the motor cart just as its riders had got off.

"Excuse me!"

The driver of the cart, a young lad with red hair and a freckled face, turned and smiled at her. "Can I help you Miss?" Harry liked him immediately.

"Yes, may we ride your motor cart to our gate?"

"Of course! That is what I am here for. Just hop on and I'll get you there in a jiffy. Do you need help with any luggage?"

"No. We're all set.”

Yes, Hoppity was very pleased with her plan. Smiling broadly, she helped Harry into a seat and settled in the front passenger spot. The driver looked surprised when Snape came up, and placed the box and his case into the back, and settled warily in a seat, but he didn't say anything.

"Gate J-26 please."

"That's quite a ways. Good that you caught me or you would have had to walk for ages."

The cart started with a lurch, and the lad did a wide turn around, honking his horn, and waiting for the people to get out of the way.

"What time does your flight leave?"

"Erm, nine o'clock I think."

"That's real soon! Luckily, you managed to find someone who specializes in speedy deliveries," he said with a cocky grin.

There was one last long honk and then they were off! They whizzed past Gates, people and little shops. The wind blew in Harry's hair, and he sat bug-eyed, watching everything go by with a grin. The loud noise of the engine and horn, and the flag at the front of the cart warned people to get out of the way, but the driver did sharply executed turns around the people who didn't get out of the way quick enough, thrilling him. It wasn't anything like the Knight Bus, but it was just as fun in his younger state. Next to him, Snape had clutched onto a railing with both hands. Harry stifled a giggle then turned away at Snape’s glare.

Harry looked up to watch the signs to go by. It was too difficult for him to read what they said while in motion, but he was able to recognize the letters on the different gates. All the signs now read 'C'. He thought that 'J' was a long way from 'C' in the alphabet but couldn't remember exactly how far, and he didn't feel like concentrating on thinking about it right now. They passed "D", and traveled up a very long, carpeted ramp. At the end of the ramp, the driver made a quick turn left. As they went past a similar ramp labeled 'E-H', Harry looked behind them to see a different wide corridor filled with people in different uniforms guiding people in Muggle clothes through strange doorways, and their bags through odd machines. The doorways reminded Harry of the kind in Muggle stores and Libraries that beeped when something stolen tried to go through.

The cart zoomed on a right arc, and then sharply turned left. Harry turned around in favour of seeing where they were headed. They were racing down another ramp, it was mostly empty which Harry was glad of, because at the speed they were going, the cart would not have been able to swerve around a marble let alone a person. They were going so fast that Harry was sure that the driver had lost control and they were going to crash when they exited the ramp! He held onto his railing in elated terror and gave a whoop of glee. This was great!

Harry was almost disappointed when the brakes were put on, and the cart rushed out into the main corridor only slightly faster than normal. They then swiftly drove past all the 'I' gates, and a small restaurant. Finally, they made it to the last of the 'J's.

The driver counted each one out loud. "Let's see here... 22, 23... 24 ah! Twenty-six! Here you are." He stopped the vehicle, and let them off. Harry couldn't help but notice that Snape seemed glad to finally get off as he quickly grabbed his case, and the tea box, which he set on the ground. Hoppity situated her bag on her shoulder. "Enjoy your flight!" He smiled and waved at Harry as he zoomed off in the other direction in his motor cart.

Hoppity seemed a little unsteady. "Well, then," she said. "Let's sign in, shall we?" When Snape made no move to pick up the tea box, she made a grunting noise, and slid it across the carpet with her foot.

There was a line of people with their luggage leading up to a desk where two women in uniform worked on computers. Harry followed his new guardians in line behind an elderly couple. He could see outside through the big windows on the far wall. Large airplanes and small cars rolled by on the lit up pavement. He watched, fascinated as a plane in the distance sped past, its front lifted up in a strange angle. He noticed a low roaring sound, and felt a thrill of anticipation. He was going to go on one of those! His vision was cut off when it went behind the section of wall behind the desk. He would have liked to run over to one of the windows and watch it, but didn't want to test the patience of his new guardians. Snape would probably drag him back by his collar if he wandered off, and tie him to something.

The line moved quickly, and pretty soon they were at the front, facing the desk. Harry couldn't see over it, so he just occupied himself by looking out of the windows which were a lot closer now.

A chipper voice rang out. "Welcome to British Airways flight 177. Do you have your tickets, photo identification, and passports?"

He watched as Hoppity handed over what he assumed were the necessary items to a lady behind the desk. She peered over the desk at him and smiled, before spotting the tea set box.

She gave a practiced smile to Hoppity. "I'm sorry Ma'am, but that package is too big for carry-on. I can stow it away under the plane for you."

Harry had no idea what that meant, and it didn't look like Hoppity did either. It would look less odd if a child asked a question than an adult who should supposedly know better, so he ventured a question.

"What does that mean?"

The lady turned to him, and adopted a condescending baby voice. "There's an area in the plane for big things underneath the seat area. If everyone brought all their bags, and packages with them to their seats, there wouldn't be enough room for the people. That's why we have rules to make sure that everything will fit in the right places. I will label your package with the same information on your tickets so it will end up where ever you do."

Hoppity hefted the box, and set it on the desk with some difficulty. "Sounds good to me."

There were some printing and tearing sounds, and then the lady placed the box underneath the desk with a thump. "Thank you for flying with us. If you'll wait over in the seating area, we will begin boarding momentarily."

Harry was startled when Hoppity took his hand, but let her lead him over to some seats facing the large windows. They sat several seats down from the end, and Harry barely noticed as Snape stood in a corner facing away from the windows. A large plane was touching down on the long strip of pavement. This close to the outside, Harry could feel a low roar in his ears as flaps on the plane's wings stood up. He had an urge to leap up and jump around, that he barely quelled by swinging his legs excitedly. He was going on a plane!

They sat there for several more minutes, watching planes land, and take off until the planes got so far away that all they could see were colored specs of light. From where they were sitting, Harry could see part of what he thought was the plane they were going to go on. Most of it was hidden at this angle by a wall that jutted outwards, but Harry could see a long wing, part of the side with windows, and the tail that seemed miles away.

A melodious tone rang through the room, followed by a musical voice on the intercom. "Ladies and Gentlemen Welcome to British Airlines. This is flight number 177 to the United States of the America. We will now commence boarding for first class seating, anyone who needs assistance, and those with small children."

The intercom clicked off and Hoppity looked at Harry. He looked back.

"Well I don't know what first class is, but do you think you're considered a 'small child'?"

Harry looked down at himself and shrugged. "I guess so. Let's go!" He leapt up with a smile, and took her offered hand, and led her to the short line of people. As they waited, he pulled on her hand excitedly. "I'm going on a plane!"

"Yes Harry, you're going on a plane." She grinned, and then gave a squeal herself. "We're going on a plane!"

Behind them, Snape gave a grunt of annoyance. He was ignored.

They line moved quickly and soon they were at the front. A young woman in a dark blue uniform smiled, and asked for their tickets. As Hoppity dug through her bag, the woman gave a special smile at Harry. Looking back shyly, he felt an urge to tell her something, perhaps hello. "I'm going on a plane."

The woman gave a little laugh, and smiled wider. "Yes you are!" she declared as she took the tickets from Hoppity, and tore off the sides. She then handed the larger pieces back. "Just go through that ramp, and you'll be greeted by the crew."

Hoppity took his right hand once more, and they quickly walked through the doorway, and up and down a covered winding ramp that sounded hollow beneath their shoes. Harry could hear Snape following. This must be the first time I've heard his footsteps, he noted absent mindedly. As they walked, the tingle of excitement burned bigger and bigger in his tummy.

They turned the corner and Harry saw the opening to the plane. A large piece of the plane had been made into a door, and Harry could see that it was still connected to the plane by the biggest hinges he had ever seen. The covered ramp led right through the opened door, and into the plane. But the last part of the ramp looked much more temporary than the other parts- it was only a long metal plank. As they came closer, Harry could see out a small, plastic window that they were pretty high up. The last of the walls and ceiling were only made of an accordion shaped plastic, and Harry could see the outside world where the plastic didn't meet the body of the plane. Hoppity must have noticed too, because she slowed down, but Harry wasn't a Gryffindor for nothing. He ignored his own feeling of fear, and bravely strode ahead, pulling Hoppity behind him.

They made it to the main floor of the aircraft, and stood behind a man with a briefcase. The man turned and moved away, and Harry was rewarded with a view of the crew. Two women and a man, all dressed in crisp slate blue uniforms looked at him and smiled. The first woman with blonde hair in a smart bun bent over to greet him. "Hello there. Welcome aboard."

He shook her hand enthusiastically. "I'm going on a plane!"

They laughed, and a middle aged man with a pilot hat addressed him kindly, "You are on a plane." He then shook Harry's hand. "I'm Captain Rover. I'll be your pilot tonight. Don't worry, I'll make sure you have a safe trip."

Hoppity shook the pilot's hand next, and when prompted, gave the second woman their tickets, moving in front of Harry in the process.

"If you'll follow me, I'll lead you to your seats." Harry gave one last glance at the pilot, who was shaking Snape's hand quickly, and followed the brown haired assistant, and Hoppity down the navy blue aisle.

Harry looked curiously around as he walked. He had never been on a plane before, and he wanted to be able to remember everything. The first section seats were large and made of leather. The walls were a strange cream plastic color, and there were oval shaped windows on every row. The ceiling had open compartments, and Harry could see some people putting their bags in them. In the next section, and the ones afterwards, the chairs were all of a bright blue plush material. Each row had three clusters of seats, the one in the middle looked bigger than the ones on the sides. There were white pillows and what looked like headphones on every seat. The plane was so big! Monstrous! He wanted to run around and examine everything, but when he stopped to look around once, a gentle prod in his back from Snape's case, and a "Don't dawdle, Potter." kept him moving.

They passed several sections, curtained areas, and walls with plastic doors before turning left and crossing the plane to the other side.

The woman stopped after the last wall, and motioned to a row of three seats facing it. "Here are you seats!"

Hoppity quickly settled in the seat next to the window, and Harry followed, moving the pillow and headphones to the side so he could sit down. Harry noticed that there were little tellies in the wall facing them. White plastic rectangles were below them. Snape placed his case on the floor, and sat in the remaining seat, dumping his pillow and headphones on Harry's lap disdainfully. Prat. Keeping the extra pillow to make a complete set of smaller, softer armrests, Harry moved to dump the headphones back on Snape, but the flight attendant who was still hovering by, noticed.

"Would you like me to take those for you, luv?"

Harry reluctantly handed the extra headphones over to the smiling woman. He had really wanted to retaliate on Snape.

"My name's Kathleen, and I'll be around if you need anything during the flight. What's your name?"

Harry did not know if he should tell her, but Snape was staring ahead, trying to ignore them, so he figured that it would be okay. "I'm Harry!"

"Would you like a blanket Harry? It sometimes gets cold on airplanes."

Harry didn't know what to say, so he nodded.

"May I have one too?' Hoppity asked brightly.

"Yes, I'll just be right back." Kathleen smiled and left, disappearing behind the nearest curtained area, which happened to be right in front of them. She emerged minutes later with several grey wool blankets, and spread one out over Harry.

"Thank you."

"I have a little boy around your age. Is this your first time on a plane?"

"Yes, Miss."

The stewardess beamed. "Aww, he's so polite! Well don't worry, Harry. You'll be perfectly safe on our airplane." She then offered a blanket to Snape.

He regarded her with cool eyes and folded his arms. "No. Thank you."

Her smile faltered for a moment before resuming. "Well if you need anything just push the orange Call button above your heads,” she told them before turning to Harry. “You should put your safety belt on now, luv."

Harry picked up the strange buckles curelessly, looking for a way to connect the metal pieces.

"Here, I'll help you." Kathleen reached over to buckle Harry in, tightening the belt snuggly over the blanket. Hoppity mimicked her actions with her own safety belt, as did Snape the moment Kathleen left, disappearing back to the front of the plane.

They sat there in silence for several minutes. Harry watched the people settle down in their seats, and peered out the small oval window. It was very dark outside, and Harry could barely make out a grass field and lighted pavement. A large motor cart rolled by, hauling long covered storage racks. He could hear a few low conversations in the background. Hoppity fiddled with the lights, and air vents above their heads. She smiled at Harry and opened his air vent, blasting him and making him giggle. She moved it around, hitting different parts of his head, and blowing his hair in different directions. He couldn't contain his snickers when the air hit certain ticklish spots. After a minute of this, an annoyed Snape reached up and shut it off.

"Stop acting childish."

Harry thought that he was talking to Hoppity, but wasn't sure. He was supposed to act childish after all.

After waiting for what felt like a very long time, the flight assistants walked up and down the aisles, shutting the overhead compartments. There was a slight jolt, and Harry felt another thrill of excitement, anticipation, and a little fear. He swung his feet out. A soft tone was heard as a little sign with a seatbelt was lighted. Sound was sent through the intercom and the little tellies turned on to play a short movie about airplane safety, and what to do in an emergency, as the plane moved slowly in different directions. Harry thought that using their seat cushions as floating things in water was a funny idea, but the plane sized emergency slide looked fun. The tellies shut off, and the flight attendants checked everyone's seatbelts while the Captain's voice came over the intercom.

"This is the Captain speaking. Welcome to British Airways flight 177 to the United States of America. The estimated flight time is 6 hours 45 minutes, with a 5 hour time gain in transit. We are on a Boeing 747, the largest civilian jet in the skies. We will be taking off in about 7 minutes."

The Captain signed off and a woman's voice was heard next. "Please stay seated with your seatbelts securely fastened. Keep all trays in the upright position, and keep all luggage either under the seats or in an overheard storage bin. Thank you and enjoy the flight." The main lights inside the plane dimmed, but the lights overheard were on, thanks to Hoppity's fiddling earlier.

Harry watched out the window as the plane moved slowly along. He could see blinking lights and cones outside, and a man with bright flags waving them around. He kicked his feet spasmodically. The sound of the air systems grew more noticeable. The wait was unbearable. Hoppity was peering outside the window intently, and Snape was sitting straight in his seat looking ahead, his arms clutching his armrests.

All of the sudden, a load roaring sound started up. This was it. The plane started forward, quickly building speed. He held on to his pillow armrests and took a deep breath. The front of the plane lifted. Next to him, Snape stiffened. After a few seconds, the plane lost contact with the ground completely. Harry eagerly looked outside the window, watching as the world got smaller and smaller. They left the large pavement, and field zone surrounding the airport. Plane softly turned to one side, giving Harry an excellent view of the surrounding area. Automobiles on the nearby lighted roads turned into the size of bugs. Buildings also shrunk, and looked more like play things. Harry felt an uncomfortable feeling in his ears, and tried to swallow. The airplane gradually stopped climbing, and returned to a level position.

He continued to watch the scenery outside the window, and just felt how the plane flew. It was so much bigger than a broom or a hippogriff, or even a theastral. He could feel the engine vibrations, or maybe it was just the air going past? He wasn't sure. The airplane made slight dipping motions. Flying in a plane felt wonderful! He rubbed his ears some more. It felt similar to how his ears popped when he dove deeply on his broom, only this time it wouldn't go away. A musical tone sounded, and the seatbelt light turned off. He continued to look out of the window.

Kathleen walked past, but came back to stop at their row, smiling. "Is everyone alright here?"

"Yes, thank you." Hoppity said.

She must have noticed Harry rubbing his ears. "Is the air change getting to you, luv? It might help if you have something to chew and swallow." She looked at Hoppity expectedly.

Hoppity looked helplessly back.

"Don't worry. We'll be handing out some snacks and drinks shortly. Just sit tight." She moved down the aisle, leaving them alone once more.

Hoppity fiddled around with the buttons on the armrest of her chair. "Let's see if the tellies work, Harry."

Her telly turned on to show a boring looking man talking to an equally boring looking man. Harry found the power button on his own armrest and his telly turned on to show what looked like a cooking program.

"Now to change the picture...” Hoppity mumbled.

Harry flipped through his channels, all silent. He settled on some duck cartoon characters. He looked at Snape, who was still staring ahead with a look of boredom on his face. He wondered if Snape wanted to watch his telly too, and was pretending that he didn't, or if he felt that Muggle entertainment was beneath him. Oh well, his loss. Harry took his headphones, and plugged them in a small hole in his armchair. He thought that it was the right place and was rewarded when faint sounds were emitted from the headphones. Hoppity turned to him in surprise.

"You have to plug them in." He explained. She followed his example, and Harry slipped his headphones on his head over his ears, swallowing several times to try to alleviate the funny feeling in his ears with no success.

A few minutes later, a stewardess he didn't recognize came by with a cart. She said something Harry couldn't hear, so he slid his headphones off.

"You can lower your trays." She said pleasantly, demonstrating with Snape's, pulling down the white plastic rectangle below the tellies. It unfolded and pulled out further. Seeing that Harry couldn't reach his, she smiled and did the same to his. "What would you like to drink?" She asked kindly as she passed out napkins and little pretzel packages. Snape once again passed his off to Harry. This time Harry was only a little bothered, since he was a little hungry.

"What do you have?" asked Hoppity.

"We have coke products, orange juice, apple juice, milk, chocolate milk, water, coffee and tea."

"I'll have some water please."

The nice stewardess turned to Harry.

"Can I have some chocolate milk please?"

The lady poured out water and chocolate milk in clear plastic cups, and set them on their trays. Harry echoed Hoppity’s "Thank you" and attempted to open his pretzel package as Snape ordered coffee.

The stewardess then placed a coffee in front of Snape then moved on to the next row. Hoppity reached over and opened Harry's pretzel package once she noticed that he was having trouble. He happily snacked on them and drunk his chocolate milk and his ears felt a little better afterwards.

A few minutes later, Kathleen came by with a different cart, this time collecting garbage.

"Hello, Harry. Do you feel better now?" she asked while clearing his tray.

He nodded. "A little."

"Well I've brought you something to color if you'd like." She held out a booklet and a small package of crayons, and at Harry's nod, set them down on his now cleared tray.

Harry eagerly opened the book. It was a short story, five pages long, about a girl and boy who went on an airplane and all the things they saw. Harry quickly set about giving the scenes color with his eight crayons, including three different shades of blue. When he concentrated on not breaking the crayons, and staying within the lines, coloring became less enjoyable so he decided not to worry about that, and promptly broke a blue crayon in half. Next to him, Snape had pulled out a notebook, a quill, and a bottle of ink from his case, and was now writing intently, obviously paying no attention to Harry whatsoever.

After Harry colored in the most interesting pages, he amused himself by adding in things on the last page. He drew a witch's hat on the little girl, a wand in the little boy’s hand, and fireworks in the sky. They needed pets, he decided. An owl for the little boy and an orange cat for the girl. By the time he had finished the last whisker he realized that he was tired of coloring. He put down his crayons and looked over to the oval window, seeing only darkness beyond.

Hoppity had her headphones on and was intently watching a show about blenders. Snape was still focused intently on a book or some notes. This was going to be a long plane ride, he thought as he rubbed his eyes. He sat back in his chair and rested his eyes.

He soon fell asleep to the sound of the engines, gentle murmurs, and the scratching of a quill.

Chapter End Notes:
I never do tell you where exactly in America our Wizards are at or traveling to on purpose. I would rather leave it generalized to have an essence of credibility for everyone who is reading.

A discussion about Snape: Why he is not wearing jeans as his 'Muggle garb'.

Why do authors always place Snape in jeans and/or leather trousers? Okay I KNOW why ;) I think dark slacks fit his canon character better. Besides... jeans on a 7 hour plane trip? Very uncomfortable...

Jan AQ3: we don't need to torture him unnecessarily
Jan AQ3: he's already having to pretend to be muggle
Jan AQ3: be potter's father
Jan AQ3: be this crazed house-elf wanna-be's husband
Jan AQ3: not use magic
Jan AQ3: and take a 7 hour flight to the colonies
Jan AQ3: where there is no tea
Jan AQ3: haha
starangel: lol
Jan AQ3: I should add that in
Jan AQ3: Where's the tea?!

There will be a bit of Hoppity in these first few chapters. Not to worry, it's practically nothing but Snape and Harry after. I know there's tea in America, but probably not the kind British Wizards are used to.