Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 28] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Harry Evan's mother died for him on Hallowe'en night, and he was left to the hands of the Dursleys. During his third year, he enlists his two best friends, Ron and Hermione, to help him search for information about his mother and the identity of his father. A photograph points the Trio towards Lily's two best friends during Hogwarts, Remus Lupin and surprisingly, Severus Snape, and starts them on the adventure of a lifetime.

Takes Place: None Chapters: 4
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Genres: Action/Adventure, General
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 10933
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, James, Lily, Luna, Other, Remus, Ron, Sirius Read: 11940
Rated: T
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 13 Mar 2006 - Updated: 16 Aug 2007
Awards:
Story Notes:

Author's Notes/Warning: Yes, James Potter is not Harry's father.

Major deviations from canon:

1. Lily's two best friends.
2. The situation with Snape that leads to the events in HBP have not occurred.
3. James and Sirius are part of the story, but Sirius (nor James) are not Harry's godfather, and they were not close with Remus. This also means the Firebolt situation with Sirius does not occur, and Sirius is not an escaped convict. Both are still very much alive.
4. Harry does get permission to go to Hogsmeade.

5. Uh... non DH complaint like whoa. 

The events of the first two books (besides the obvious James isn't Harry's father) does occur. Harry wanted to see his mother in PS, and so that's all he sees in the Mirror. Un'beta'd.

Table of Contents

1. In Which The Trio Finds Something Ever So Interesting, And Remus Begins A Story. by Seren [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2562 words) Printer

In which the trio finds something ever so interesting, and Remus begins a story.

'Curiousity leads us to many things, Miss Granger. Danger, death, misfortune. But it can also lead us to the truth, and I believe Professor Dumbledore would have my thumbs pinned to his desk if I led you to anything but that.'

2. In Which Remus Begins His Tale, And The Past Comes To Life by Seren [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2633 words) Printer

In which Remus begins his tale, a bit of the past comes to light, Hermione makes fun of Ron, Ron makes fun of Hermione, and the picture-taker's name is revealed.

End of chapter one:

Remus smiled. 'I mean, Ron,' he said softly, 'is that the first time I boarded the train to go to Hogwarts, I couldn't find a seat, and the only compartment I could find had a friendly red-headed person in it....'

3. Chapter 3: In Which Hermione Finds A Book, And Is Severely Annoyed By Her Roomates by Seren [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3094 words) Printer

In which Hermione finds a book, is severely annoyed by her roomates, Harry has a meeting with Lupin, and the trio begin to plot.

4. In Which Harry and Ron Recieve Detention, and Hermione Is Still Annoyed by Seren [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2644 words) Printer

In which Harry and Ron recieve detention, Hermione is still annoyed, Ron is never allowed to fully enjoy his meals, and Hermione makes a few discoveries.

To be continued...
Seren is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 38 members. Members who liked Blessed Are The Curious also liked 1201 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5