Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own JK Rowling’s world or plotlines. I do own my own plotlines and since this is being written about things JK has not yet published, most of the plotline is mine. However, my brilliant sister inspired the story, and I lovingly thank her for her contribution.

This is Severus’ perspective!!!

Thank you.

Chapter Ten: Idiocy

Of all the mistakes made by the different fighters in the war, the Order’s thought that Harry was a traitor was easily the most spectacular.

- from The Second Great War by Quentin Trimble and Bathilda Bagshot

“Harry is a traitor?” Professor Dumbledore asked shakily. Severus rolled his eyes mentally.

Ron nodded emphatically. “He had the books, he was using magic without regard and he used a Dark spell to transport me here. Not to mention the fact that he has been saying You-Know-Who’s name since he heard it, and he’s survived You-Know-Who more times then anyone in living history. He has to be. It is the only explanation”

Severus and Lupin exchanged a glance. Every other person in the room was seething and muttering about the lowest circle of hell, reserved for betrayers and other traitors.

They, however, had both taught him and they both knew how steadfastly dedicated to Light he was.

“We have no choice but to believe Mr. Weasley.” Dumbledore said slowly. Lupin grunted indiscernibly and strode defiantly from the room.

Evenly, patiently, and desperately holding to the calm that all Slytherin’s developed, Severus waited until the meeting had been dismissed before apparating to his and Lupin’s private meeting place.

Long time hate and child enmity aside, when they needed answers they met each other here.

As soon as they were both there, Lupin asked, voice filled with conflicting emotion, “How do we deal with this situation?”

“Why do we need to do anything?”

“Because he is innocent, maybe? Or is that not enough of a reason for you?”

“No it’s not.”

“So we are going to let the Order of the Phoenix, one of the few groups with any respect in this world, side against him.”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“You know that better than I do.”

“Fine, so we just let them believe it?”

“Yes.”

Remus growled and leaned against the wall. “How can they even consider thinking this?”

“Because he appears to have changed. However, that boy is unstoppably Gryffindor, and that is obvious to everyone that meets him.”

“He’s actually showing a bit of green lately.”

“Indeed. What I meant is that that the Dark Lord and all his minion’s could promise that boy the world and he wouldn’t accept it. The only thing he might give in for would be the return of his parents.”

“No he wouldn’t.” Lupin said in a quiet voice.

“What do you mean by that?”

“Voldemort offered it to him. In his first year. It’s what Harry saw in the Mirror of Erisid. His parents. He was offered them back and he refused.”

Severus stopped dead in his thoughts. He turned and stared directly at the werewolf. Harry James “Unstoppably Gryffindor” Potter had stood in front of the one thing he wanted more than anything else, and said no.

Said no to the most convincing man in the world.

“He is much more than I had thought.” He finally responded quietly.

“Yes, he is. We should let him-” Lupin stopped suddenly and both of them reached for their galleons. Miss Granger had recently shown them the DA’s technique for contacting each other and the Order had quickly adapted it.

13570012

The code for Grimauld place.

They apparated back to headquarters.

Moody appeared next to them, the last of the arrivals and they waited for Dumbledore’s orders. “Due to Mr. Weasley’s discovery, and that we just tested him with Veritaserum, it can only be concluded the Mr. Potter is wavering towards Voldemort’s side.” Severus wanted to scream. He knew why Potter had the books, but even Slytherins refused to break promises. “Alastor, I would like you to write a letter to him. Try to sound natural and see how he responds. It is all we can do. Go back to your homes. If Harry Potter is a traitor, you all know what it means.”

Severus bit back another scream at the incompetence of his side. He waited until everyone but Lupin had gone, and then said, “We cannot tell them what we know .”

Lupin sat down and growled, “I know. We gave him our word. Even you keep that.”

“I gave him my word not to tell anyone, and so I will not.” Severus said resentfully.

“I thought you hated him.”

Severus stopped again, uncertain of how to respond, finally he said, “I do, but we need him to live, so I am putting that behind what needs to be done.”

Lupin nodded, “It will have to be enough. I have to leave now.”

“As do I.”

Two cracks sounded in the quiet house, and they were gone.