Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 24] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: In answer to the "Turnabout" challenge. Fudge doesn't take the chance after the disaster at the Triwizard Tournament and begins emergency procedures to protect the Wizarding World from the threat of Voldemort. No one thought a quarter of said community would be singled out altogther. AU set in GoF.

Takes Place: None Chapters: 4
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Misc Genres: Drama
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 11730
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 10214
Rated: K+
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: Turnabout
Published: 05 May 2006 - Updated: 07 Jun 2006
Awards:
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: This story and its characters are not mine. They are all property of J.K.Rowling (and possibly Warner Bros.). A random fact for you all concerning copyright infringement: you could be imprisoned (in the US.) for up to five years in addition to a $250,000 fine! Now that's harsh.... but, bright side, at least it isn't five years of detention with Umbridge!

A/N: This is a response to Mila's “Turnabout” challenge. I loved this idea, it had never occurred to me before. (Perhaps a slight caution, much Fudge bashing from here ). In addition to the summary I have added one more requirement for my own personal goal. Using a dictionary I am going to select a word, at random, for each chapter, and it must be used.. (The problem is, I don't own a dictionary, so I'm relying on dictionary.com's word of the day...... so already I'm off to a great start). I decided to begin this as soon as possible in the books, so why not the very night of Voldemorts return? You may recognise quite a few lines here, but it does go in its own direction, and I hope that it does so believably. Be sure to let me know.

Table of Contents

1. Melting Fudge by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 6] starstarstarhalf-star (3771 words) Printer

Chapter word: Choler – irritation of the passions; anger; wrath. “I found my choler rising.”

2. Educational Decree Number Ten by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstar (2833 words) Printer

Disclaimer: This story and its characters are not mine. They are all property of J.K.Rowling (and possibly Warner Bros.). A random fact for you all concerning copyright infringement: you could be imprisoned (in the US.) for up to five years in addition to a $250,000 fine! Now that's harsh.... but, bright side, at least it isn't five years of detention with Umbridge!

A/N: Hurrah for me! The second chapter! I'm sure you're all delighted ¬.¬ .... The first chapter was more of a prologue, wasn't it? Ah well, there will definitely be more advancement in this chapter. Anyway, please review and I hope you enjoy. (Please forgive me for any spelling mistakes, typing errors or incorrect use of grammar. I have read and re-read everything I don't know how many times so they should be few and far between ... hopefully.)

Chapter Word: Expeditious – characterized by or acting with speed and efficiency. “His problem was to get from Lookout Valley to Chattanooga Valley in the most expeditious way possible”.

3. We Founders Three by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstar (2661 words) Printer

Disclaimer: Nothing's mine except the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: I don't believe it! I'm actually sticking to something. I'm incredibly flaky in that respect. Not much to say really in this chapter except – the nightmare begins! The last chapter was slightly short in comparison to the first, so I hope to make up for it in this one. Unless you feel that they're too long, be sure to let me know!

Chapter Word: Aspersion – a damaging or derogatory mark; slander. The act of defaming and slandering. “Orley once had been forced to resign from a local men's club for casting aspersions on the character of another member's wife.”

4. Slytherin Segregation by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (2465 words) Printer

Disclaimer: Nothing's mine except the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: Look at me go! Forth chapter – I rule ... yeah, sure. Hope this is going in the general direction you guys'd want because honestly I'm just winging it when it comes to that. Ah well. Let me know! Lots of thanks to DreaminofLorien for betaing! You're a star!

Chapter Word: Bombinate – to buzz, hum, drone. “Sometimes the computer bombinated long into the night, stops for a bit of rest, then resumes its hum into the early hours of the morning.”

To be continued...
GuTTerArT is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 23 members. Members who liked Turnabout also liked 780 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5