Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 68] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: In an effort to make them get along, Dumbledore locks Snape and Harry in a classroom for 72 hours. How will they survive one another? Complete!

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 6
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: Angst, Drama, General
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 15357
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Other Read: 37930
Rated: K+
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: 72 Hour Challenge
Published: 08 Jun 2006 - Updated: 31 Oct 2006
Awards:
Story Notes:

Challenge: In an effort to make them get along, Dumbledore locks Snape and Harry in a classroom for 72 hours. What do these two talk and/or think about during these three days and three nights? Make some mention of Harry's nightmares and/or the Dursleys.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: In response to Tilly's challenge on Potions and Snitches. I'm very into challenges, aren't I? I suppose it's due to my lack of imagination recently, plus this one sounded extremely fun to do. I'm surprised no one else has responded to it, actually. This will be relatively short, lasting about five chapters or so, not quite as long as Turnabout but hopefully just as eventful. I hope to beta it, but due to lack of an actual volunteer I may have to rely on myself. God, save us all. Set during OotP.

Table of Contents

1. Initial Inferno by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 21] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1734 words) Printer

2. Solitude's Seconds by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1958 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: The second chapter and some more marvellous fun for me! I'm sadistic. I'm enjoying it too much. I had planned it to be one day per chapter, but that's just a little too convenient, so instead, they're not. What? The first chapter seemed better to end there than anywhere else. I had carried on with it but it just felt right to stop there. Anyway, I'm rambling. Nothing much to say about this chapter ... except that I was cackling evilly throughout it. -grin-. And thanks so much for such tremendous reviews! Who knew that reviews caused euphoria? HUGE thanks to DreamonofLorien for betaing again. Thou art my saviour.

3. Three For Fighting by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1954 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: Sorry, but it looks like it will be more than three chapters – not that that's anything to be sorry about. Just that it's much more fluid sequence of events this way. Voldemort wasn't too horribly written was he? I might try writing a bit more of him. I know I liked it. Anyway, hope this chapter is up to your expectations. I'm noticing a theme in the chapter titles. As always a HUGE thanks to my wonderful beta, DreaminofLorien! My star!

4. Set Forth and Sunder by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2740 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: Oh, my God! I've never had such a great response to a fic before. How brilliant is this? Thanks so much to each and every one of you. I hope this chapter is satisfactory. Apologies for the incredibly late update – a bereaved writer is a bad writer, and due to the circumstances I wasn't really in the mood to even attempt humour, as you can imagine. The next chapter will be along sooner, or at least here's hoping. Much thanks and love to DreaminofLorien, once again for beta'ing and to Elear Lindar, my 50th reviewer!

5. Pleading the Fifth by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2727 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: I've been on a high for the couple of weeks 'cause of you guys, so thanks very much! I also want to apologise for the ridiculous amount of typo's in the last chapter and can offer no further explanation other than the fact that I got sloppy. I'm going to comb through this one with a fine ... comb. Wow. I am illiterate. Massive thanks to DreaminOfLorien once again for beta'ing at such short notice and to also say that you failed no one!

6. Deep Six by GuTTerArT [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstar (4244 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I own nought but the disk space I saved it on.

A/N: See, here's the thing. My computer was annoyingly slow, needed upgrading and generally getting rid of all the junk on my hard drive. Me being the 'genius' that I am thought “hey, no problem”. I created a new account on Windows XP, moved all the files I needed to that account and then proceeded to delete the other one, effectively deleting into the oblivion of cyberspace everything else. Only after which did I notice that none of my Solitary Confinement chapters had been transferred and were lost forever, including the nearly completed sixth chapter and ALL of my notes. You can imagine my turmoil. It has therefore taken me this long to begin, from scratch, the following. Well, actually, I wrote about a thousand words before I realised I hated the way it was going, that it was simply nothing more then bad writing, proceeded to delete that, and then began from scratch. That's my excuse for such a late update and my need for squishes and cuddles. I hate technology. Then, of course, there's this incredibly annoying thing called life that got in the way. Don't you hate that? Death to life!

The End.
GuTTerArT is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 38 members. Members who liked Solitary Confinement also liked 1397 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5