Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 4

 

“Lupin will you shut up! I will tell you when we reach the town, where we are going” Severus snapped after the hundredth time of the man asking where they were going.

 

“ I wondered how long it would take you to snap from Remus’s questioning” Damien said then looked back at Emrys and Draco who were both sound asleep in their car seats. “Shut up Damien, you are not helping matters.” Severus snapped. Damien laughed. After an hour more of driving they reached a small town that looked closed off from the rest of the world.

 

“Is this a muggle town or a wizarding town?”  Remus questioned. Severus glared at Remus through the mirror “It is a muggle town Lupin, Now stop you questioning till we have reached our destination” Severus snapped.

 

After several minutes they reached the end of the town, but the road continued on through a vast forest that looked like it went on for miles.

 

“Is it really safe to go in there Snape?” Remus asked.

 

Severus smirked at Remus through the mirror “What is the problem Lupin, I would have thought you would feel right at home in this forest, being the wolf that you are” he said.

 

Damien glared at Severus “Behave Severus, Now tell where we are going, so we can pass through the wards and be on our way” Damien said.

 

Severus glared back at Damien “Lupin we are going to the Prince estate, Also I do not why I am doing this, but you are welcome to stay at the Manor with the boys and I as long as you do not inform Dumbledore of your whereabouts or who is with you, If you can do this I will allow you to help me raise the boys” Severus said. Remus just nodded still in shock of what Severus had just said. Severus stepped on the gas then started through forest.

 

After twenty minutes of driving Severus pulled into a clearing. Severus turned his head towards Remus “Welcome to Prince Castle Lupin” he said.

 

“Prince Castle?  I thought you said that we were going to Prince Manor?” Remus asked confused. Severus smirked “They are one in the same Lupin; I just prefer to call it a Manor instead of a Castle.” He said.

 

Severus started to drive up the gravel pathway that went through the clearing. After a couple of minutes they could start to see the Castle off in the distance. Remus’s eyes widened “Snape this place is bigger than Hogwarts itself” he said shocked as Severus pulled up to the front bridge. Severus brought the car across the large stone bridge and into the courtyard of the Castle.

 

Severus parked the car in a stable like structure that had one other car in one of the stalls. “Damien can you get the Stroller out the back, Lupin take Emrys out after you get out of the car” he said.

 

Damien and Remus nodded and got out of the car then Severus got out of the driver’s side and got Draco out of his car seat. Damien walked over to the back of the car and pulled the cargo door open and pulled out the stroller. After he had opened the stroller and pushed the second seat flat, he pushed it over to where Severus and Remus were waiting with the boys in their arms. Severus and Remus laid Draco and Emrys into the second seat after Damien had enlarged the seat with his wand.

 

Severus pushed the stroller up to the large wooden door with Damien and Remus close behind. Severus banged the brass knocker a couple times the stood and waited. A few minutes later one of the large wooden doors were pulled open and an elderly man in a suit stood there “ Master Prince the Lord was not expecting you at this time of the year, did something happen at Hogwarts?” the man asked. Severus shook his head “No Kingsley nothing happened at Hogwarts I just need to see my Uncle before I return to the School” he said. “Well then come in and wait in the den while I inform Lord Prince of your arrival” Kingsley said and moved out their way.

 

Severus pushed the stroller through the opening and headed towards the den. Damien and Remus said hello to Kingsley then quickly followed Severus into the Den. Kingsley closed the large door then went to inform his Lord of Severus’ arrival. Inside the Den Severus set the stroller near one of the couches, then did something totally un-Snape like and launched himself at couch nearest the stroller lounging fully on the couch. Remus stared opened mouth at Severus while Damien just laughed at the look on Remus’ face. “Now nephew it is not nice to shock our guests to death” a voice said from the doorway.

 

 An elderly man stood in the door way with a tailored blue suit on. Severus scowled at the man “Uncle must you always ruin all of my fun” he said. Lord Prince Laughed “Now my dear nephew why are you here during the school term? And who is the other man that is standing over with Damien?” Lord Prince asked. Severus sat up on the couch and sighed “Uncle Alexander, the man with Damien is Remus Lupin he is here to help me with the other thing that I wished to inform you of” he said “what is that you wish to inform me of Severus that you need the help of Remus?” Alexander questioned.

 

“I wanted you inform you that you are a Great Uncle, as I have adopted two 18 month old boys” Severus said with a smile. Alexander stared at his nephew for a moment.  “When did this happen Severus and where are they” he said quickly. Severus laughed at his Uncle reaction. “I adopted them this afternoon, they are in the stroller sleeping” he said laughing. Alexander ignored his nephew as he walked over to the stroller and peered inside his eyes widening “How did you adopt the young Malfoy child? And what is the other little one’s name?” Alexander asked as he knelt next to the stroller.

 

Severus sighed “Damien’s brother had me sign adoption papers for Draco incase Lucius and Narcissa died or just plain did not want to raise him, Well Lucius gave me full guardianship of Draco so they could go around the world looking for their Master and did not have time for a child, so if they come back wanting their child they will be refused, Now the other child is my son in name and Blood his name is Emrys” he said

 

Alexander nodded and looked at Emrys “What happened to him, why is his arm in a cast?” Alexander asked frowning at Severus “Don’t frown at me Uncle I had nothing to do with my son’s injury, it was his retched muggle relatives that cause it” he snapped.

 

Alexander looked away “I am sorry Severus, but you know how protective of children I am, now which family did he come from?” he asked. Severus scowled at him “I do not know if I should tell you, because then you will accuse me of kidnapping” he snapped.

 

Alexander sighed and looked up at Severus “I said I was sorry for jumping to conclusions, Please tell me Severus” he said. Damien looked at Severus “Sev, just tell him he needs to know the truth of Emrys parentage” he said. Severus closed his eyes for a moment then sighed.

 

“Uncle, Emrys comes from the Potter Family” Severus said hopping that his Uncle would realize what that meant. Alexander stood up and looked at Severus confused.

 

 “The Potter Family? but that line has basically all die out except” Alexander stopped as the realization of who his nephew had just fully adopted hit him “ You adopted Harry Potter !” He shouted loudly but quieted when his nephew glared at him as a child’s cry rang through the room. Severus got off of the couch and pulled the crying Emrys out of the stroller before he could wake Draco up with his screaming.

 

 “ Shh…shh… Its okay Emrys your mean Uncle didn’t mean to scare you” he said as he rubbed the child’s back to calm him. Emrys quieted in couple minutes and fell back to sleep in Severus’s arms.

 

“ Do not shout or yell around Emrys it scares him as it would any young child , I am surprised that you did not  wake up Draco with your shouting, Yes I adopted Harry Potter , but that was after Dumbledore made the mistake of leaving him on the Dursley’s doorstep without checking that they would actually keep the child instead of abandoning him in a alley way a few blocks away from the Leaky Cauldron not that Mrs. Dursley knew that fact” Severus said

 

Emrys stirred on Severus’ shoulder “ Sev’us mad” he said sleepily “ No Emrys I am not mad , frustrated” he said to the child

 

“ ustrated?” Emrys said confused.

 

Severus laughed “ yes Emrys frustrated at your Uncle” he said.

 

Emrys sat up in Severus’ arms “ Unca, where?” he said looking around 

 

“ Ian , Moony?” he questioned Severus shook his head at Emrys “ No not them , with your Uncle Alexander , he is standing behind you Emrys” he said and pointed towards Alexander.

 

 Severus put Emrys on the floor standing, then knelt down to Emrys “ Emrys did Uncle”

 

“ Severus do not tell Emrys to do that to Alexander it is not very nice” Damien interrupted.

 

Severus glared at him “ Be quiet Damien I have not told the boy to do anything” he said then looked back at Emrys “ Now Emrys did Uncle Alexander scare you with his shouting while you were Sleeping?”

 

Emrys looked at him then at Alexander “ Yesh he did” the child replied

 

 Severus smirked “ what does that make him?” he said as Damien shouted “ Severus don’t!”

 

Emrys looked at Alexander with a evil glint in his eyes “ Severus why is your son looking at me like that ?” he asked wearily.

 

Remus laughed “ Your in trouble now Alexander , that is the look James got in his eyes right when he was going to pull prank on someone” he said laughing. “ Severus you wouldn’t tell your son to prank me would you” he said.

 

Severus just smirked at his Uncle. Emrys gave Alexander a small smirk then raised his small arm and pointed at Alexander “ yous a Meanie!” Emrys as he swung his little arm down wards. 

 

Alexander looked at the child confused when nothing happened. “ Ahh!” he screamed as he was drenched head to toe in ice cold water.

 

“ Severus ! I told you not to that to your Uncle it is not a nice thing to do” Damien scolded.

 

 Severus laughed as Uncle shook himself like a dog spraying Severus and Emrys with water “ Hah! Now you’re all wet as well” Alexander said as he came over to Emrys.

 

Severus smirked again “ Emrys come over here “ Severus said as he sat down on the floor fully.

 

Emrys walked over to Severus slowly then practically fell into Severus’ lap. “ Daddy! Unca made me wet” he proclaimed to Severus.

 

“ You know what to do about that Emrys” Severus told the boy. Emrys closed his little eyes for a moment and when he opened them there was not a wet spot on both of them anymore.

 

“ That is unfair Nephew,  Emrys come see Uncle” Alexander said. Emrys gave that cute smirk again “ No yous , Wet” he said. Damien laughed “ That is not going to work Alex, Severus told Emrys to do that to me at St. Catherine’s and the boy refused to dry me off after I shook near them” he said.

 

Alexander glared at his Nephew “ you should have told me that Emrys could do wandless magic” he said.

 

Severus smirked “ Where is the fun in that Uncle?” he asked

 

Alexander continued to glare at his Nephew “ Now back to the subject, Severus how are you going to hide Harry Potter from Dumbledore?” Alexander asked as he cast a drying spell on his self.

 

“ Me Emrys!, No Harry” Emrys shouted up to Alexander. Severus laughed and stood up with Emrys in his arms.

 

“ Yes child, you are Emrys Arrian Prince-Snape , Not Harry James Potter anymore” he assured the child.

 

“ Well he does not look much like a Potter anymore , but why would he have the Prince Name ?  You and I are the only members of the Prince line left” Alexander said.

 

 “ My Brother Dorian gave Emrys the potion he created called the ‘Bloodlines Potion’ which made Severus Emrys father by blood as it mixed the Snape and Potter lines together, also because Severus is a Prince on his Mother’s side Emrys became a Prince as well” Damien explained.

 

“ Well that does explain most of it” Alexander said.

 

 Severus smiled “ Yes it does , Now can you tell us which rooms we can use until I have to return to Hogwarts ?” Severus asked.

 

Alexander looked thoughtful for a moment. “ You may use your normal bedroom Severus, the boys can share the Towers Bedroom , Damien and Remus can have one of the guest rooms for now.” He said.

 

Severus stared at his Uncle “ the Towers Bedroom is too big for two small toddlers, Can’t you give them a room closer to mine” Severus said.

 

Alexander smirked. “ That bedroom is perfect for the boys Severus it will last them until they are out of school, Enough of that Let me show you to your rooms” he said.

 

 Emrys looked up at Alexander “ My room?” he questioned. Alexander smiled down at him “ Yes Emrys, yours and Draco big room” he assured the child.

 

 Emrys grinned up at him then turned to Severus “ Unca said I have a big rowm!” he said  Severus smiled at Emrys “ Yes, Uncle did say you have a big room” he said then stood up.

 

“Unca Lex?” Emrys questioned Severus.

 

Severus laughed then looked down at Emrys “Yes that is right Emrys he is Unca Lex” Severus said laughing.

 

Alexander glared at his nephew “Yes, Yes, Enough laughing at your Uncle, I know that children murder my name when they try to say it” he said.

 

Severus smirked “what is wrong Uncle, do you not like being called ‘Unca Lex’” he said Alexander continued to glare at his nephew “Follow me boys I will show you to your rooms” he said leaving the den.

 

Severus laughed as he picked Emrys up into his arms and follow his Uncle out of the Den with Damien and Remus following closely behind them.

 

Alexander stopped at one of the ground floor rooms. “This room will be Remus’s room, it has a hidden room below that is warded to keep him in during full moons” he said.

 

“How did you know that I was a werewolf?” Remus asked shocked.

 

“Severus has told me much about you and your friends Remus Lupin” Alexander said.

 

Remus hung his head and winced at Alexander’s tone of voice. Alexander smiled at Remus who was trying to hide his face with his hair.

 

“Do not worry young man I will not throw you out , because of what happened during your school years” Alexander said. Remus nodded but kept silent. Alexander shook his head at the young man, and then started walking away again.

 

“Severus you can test your new potion on Remus, it might make his Full Moons more bearable” Alexander said to his nephew.

 

Severus smirked at his uncle “that is a perfect idea Uncle, One that I had not thought of when bringing Lupin with us” he said.

 

Remus paled. “What new potion, and why would be a good idea to test it on me” he asked as they continued towards Damien’s room.

 

Severus smirked again “You are a werewolf, that is why the potion would be good to test on you, the potion is called the Wolfsbane Potion” he said.

 

“What does it do the werewolf when they take?” Remus questioned as they headed up a hidden staircase at the end of the corridor.

 

“It allows the drinker to keep their human mind during the full moon, so they do not blindly attack innocent people or the ones they care for” Severus said as they stopped in front of Damien’s room.

 

“Damien you may stay in your old room, unless you wish to change” Alexander said ignoring the conversation going between his nephew and Remus. “This is fine Alexander” Damien said.  Damien turn to look at Severus “Severus are you still trying to tweak your potion?” he asked.

 

“Yes I am still trying to ‘tweak it’ as you put it, and if Lupin is willing to be my lab rat I will be able to create a semi-cure to Lycanthropy” Severus said. Remus stared at Snape in shock.

 

“A semi-cure, How could that be possible” Remus sputtered out still in shock at what Snape was telling him. “I wish to take the werewolf curse and turn it into an animagus-” “We will be heading towards the Towers Bedroom now” Alexander interrupted. Severus glared at his Uncle.

 

“Thank you Uncle for informing us, but I still think that the Towers bedroom is too big for two toddlers” Severus said. Alexander shook his head “that room is perfect for the boys Severus” he said. Severus just sighed and resumed his conversation with Lupin. Several minutes later they reached the Towers Wing.

 

 

Alexander opened the large double doors to the Towers Bedroom. He walked into the room and turned around facing everyone.

 

“Each boy will have one side of the room to themselves” he said then walked over to Severus and Emrys. “Emrys pick a side” Alexander said to the boy. “Severus put him down for a moment please” Severus sighed as he set Emrys on his feet.  Alexander knelt down in front of the child “Emrys, would you like to over there” he pointed with his left arm “Or over there” he said pointing with his right arm.

 

Emrys looked at Alexander confused, and then looked at the man’s arms that were stretched out. Emrys looked both ways then wobbling slightly  started to walk towards the right.

 

“Well, I guess Emrys wants the right side of the room, Draco will get the left side” Alexander said as he closely followed Emrys as the child wobble over to the study/playroom area of the Right Tower.

 

Severus followed his Uncle while Remus and Damien took Draco over to the Left Tower. Alexander followed Emrys closely as the small child explored the study/playroom area in case the child fell. Emrys wobbly around the area with a giant grin on his small face , then noticed the spiral staircase leading to the Upper and Lower parts of the Tower. Curiously Emrys started to venture towards the spiral staircase.

 

“ You will not be going up those stairs by yourself, until you are older Emrys” Severus said as he picked up his son as he started to crawl up the steps. Emrys pouted up at his father. “ Me a big boy!” he proclaimed as Severus climbed the spiral staircase up to the ‘Loft’ area of the tower. Severus laughed softly “ Yes Emrys you are a big boy, but you have to be somewhat bigger to go on the stairs yourself , when you are a little older I will let you go on the stairs yourself” he explained to the still pouting child.

 

As they explored Emrys’s Loft, Remus and Damien were in the Left Tower with Draco. Remus had taken Draco out of the stroller and let the child explore the study/playroom while Damien child proofed the tower , even though Alexander had assure them that the room was already enchanted for small children.

 

“  Remus I am going over to Emrys side to child proof it as I know Severus would never think of adding charms to the existing enchantment” Damien said  “ That is fine Damien I am going to bring Draco up to the ‘Loft’” Remus said as Damien walked over to the Right Tower.

 

Remus carried Draco up to the Loft area of the tower. The room had a small bed in the corner of the room with wooden bars on the sides to keep the boys from falling out of their bed during sleep. On the far side of the room there was a widow seat that Remus noticed that Damien had attached wooden bars to the edge of the seat and reinforced the windows all around the tower. Remus set Draco down and the boy had wondered over to the play space across from the window seat.

 

The play space floor was covered with cushioned mats; Draco was trying to figure out how to get up on the small plastic slide. “Do you like your new room Draco?” Remus asked as he helped the child climb the small ladder of the slide. “My room?” Draco asked confused as he sat at the top of the slide not knowing what to next. Remus smiled at Draco as he gave the child a small push sending him down the slide, earning a surprised yelp from the boy as he slid down the plastic slide. “Yes, Draco this is your new room” he said after he caught the boy at the bottom of the slide.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To be continued...