1. Chapter 1: Rules Broken by margot_llama [Reviews - 16] (3185 words)
2. Chapter 2: Carriage Conversations by margot_llama [Reviews - 0] (2744 words)
Although no one has commented on it yet, I know there are spelling mistakes in this chapter, and I wholeheartedly apologize for it. However, I currently have no spell-check on my computer, and no matter how many times I go through it, I always miss something. I'm working on this, I swear. I really am sorry, because I hate finding spelling mistakes in the fanfic I read, it pulls me out of the tale.
3. Chapter 3: Lunchtime Lies by margot_llama [Reviews - 2] (2678 words)
It has been pointed out to me that Harry should have more fear, because he’d been neglected and abused his whole life, then left to fend for himself on the streets. But consider the circumstances: Harry has, for ten years, heard nothing from his aunt and uncle but what horrible, stupid, irresponsible monsters his parents were. Then this stranger comes along, gives him a handkerchief, and tells him that the world was sorry, that the world lost something, when his parents died. That his parents were worth losing. I think that would make someone open up, sure.
On to the story!
4. Chapter 4: McGonnagal Knew by margot_llama [Reviews - 3] (2812 words)
5. Chapter 5: Perceptions by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (3465 words)
6. Chapter 6: Snape's Deal by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (2439 words)
I know Harry’s a little bit OOC in this chapter, but I think that him being a protector to others is different then protecting himself. He’s never had a chance to do it, before, so he’s starting now, with Neville. I also wanted to give the kid a littlebreak—he’s had a pretty rough life, he deserves to have a laugh with a friend at least once. And—well, if anyone has a problem, tell me and I’ll try to fix it! I also know this is a mix of what british terms and phrases I know and use and the ones that I…don’t. Sorry for anyone offended by my lack of British-ism!
7. Chapter 7: One Question, One Answer by margot_llama [Reviews - 2] (2131 words)
8. Chapter 8: No One Ever Loved Me Either by margot_llama [Reviews - 4] (2036 words)
9. Chapter 9: Classes by margot_llama [Reviews - 4] (2010 words)
I accidentally hit the 'completed' button before, but this story has a way to go before it's finished, so no worries!
A bit of niceness here—but how long will that last, hmm? I figured Harry needed a bit of a break. The story will speed up from here—in 9 chapters, three days. Now it’ll be more later pockets of time showing Harry’s new life—and how his old one refuses to let go.
10. Chapter 10: A Taste of Childhood by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (2582 words)
11. Chapter 11: Down the Rabbit Hole by margot_llama [Reviews - 0] (2320 words)
12. Chapter 12: Hospital Wings and Holidays by margot_llama [Reviews - 5] (2672 words)
End of Year One! Year Two Coming Soon!
13. Chapter 13: Going To Be A Long Summer by margot_llama [Reviews - 3] (2717 words)
14. Chapter 14: The Best Summer Ever by margot_llama [Reviews - 9] (2625 words)
15. Chapter 15: Potions and Ponderings by margot_llama [Reviews - 4] (1954 words)
16. Chapter 16: Worth a Detention by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (2606 words)
17. Chapter 17: Halloween Voices by margot_llama [Reviews - 3] (2016 words)
18. Chapter 18: Hisses and Pondering (Again) by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (2173 words)
19. Chapter 19: On Christmas Eve by margot_llama [Reviews - 7] (2697 words)
20. Chapter 20: Admissions by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (2197 words)
21. Chapter 21: Confrontations by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (2893 words)
22. Chapter 22: This Is Not Good by margot_llama [Reviews - 3] (2342 words)
23. Chapter 23: Down The Rabbit Hole Again by margot_llama [Reviews - 5] (2865 words)
24. Chapter 24: An Outbreak of Weasleys by margot_llama [Reviews - 10] (2199 words)
25. Chapter 25: Indifference by margot_llama [Reviews - 4] (2167 words)
26. Chapter 26: Summer at Spinner's End by margot_llama [Reviews - 2] (3549 words)
27. Chapter 27: A Sirius Conversation by margot_llama [Reviews - 0] (1882 words)
28. Chapter 28: Boggarts and Dementors by margot_llama [Reviews - 8] (3081 words)
29. Chapter 29: Talks, Treats, and Terrors by margot_llama [Reviews - 4] (3171 words)
I do not own Harry Potter. I frolick in his world.
Sorry this took so long, I had crazy essays and the PSATS.
30. Chapter 30: Second Chances by margot_llama [Reviews - 1] (3008 words)
AUTHOR’S NOTE: I own it not.
Thank you all for being so very patient in waiting for this chapter! As I explained on my profile, my school show went up this past weekend and between rehersals ‘til ten, massive amounts of homework, and general fatigue I just couldn’t find the time to update this story. Well, this will be a long chapter, I promise!!
Oh, and someone asked in a review why I don’t do Quidditch—it’s basically because I, not being sports-ly oriented, would never be able to pull off the actual writing of the scenes. Too hard. Besides, in this universe Harry is a little more hesitant, a little less daring and more cautious. He also missed the first flying class, so the first time he went on a broomstick was with Hermione quoting the first six steps of mounting a broom and Neville reassuring Harry that Madam Pomfrey can fix anything. The end of that day was Harry being a proficient flyer and Neville tumbling off his own broom into a hedge, where he found his long-lost Remembrall.
Yes. I think I might have to write that.
31. Chapter 31: Mischief and Mayhem of the Marauder Variety by margot_llama [Reviews - 2] (3014 words)
I own it not. I’m sorry about the slowness of updates, guys. Exams, and I’m up to my neck—I promise, mega updates after Thanksgiving break, and after that things should be back to normal. To give credit where it’s due: The Latin idea, as several people guessed, is all due to empathic siren’s Draco’s Boy—love that fic, read it now! I also make mention to pink thistle in some earlier chapter, in homage to this great fic. Review!
32. Chapter 32: Maps, Malfoy, and Little Petey Pettigrew by margot_llama [Reviews - 10] (3344 words)
I own it not! I must say, I quite empathize with Hermione and her Schedule of Doom. I myself had been taking ten graded classes last term—but no more! Starting after break, only nine! I think.
33. Chapter 33: Adventures Good and Bad by margot_llama [Reviews - 0] (3339 words)
I own it not, promise!
Well, okay, I’m going to try to start wrapping up year three. I would like to have a start going on Year Four a little before or after Christmas—I have an abnormally large break.
34. Chapter 34: For the Potters by margot_llama [Reviews - 3] (3471 words)
Not mine not mine!!
I’d like to say thank you to everyone who has reviewed thus far—the other day ‘Rules’ hit over 1000 reviews!
The 1001th reviewer of this story is Evergreen Sceptre! Thanks, Evergreen Sceptre! To show my appreciation, I would like to offer to write a one-shot, topic of your choice, for you. Please PM me with the details.
Thanks! Now, onto the fic!
35. Chapter 35: Rats by margot_llama [Reviews - 26] (5088 words)
To be continued...
is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 91 members. Members who liked Rules of the Game
also liked 1198 other stories