Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:

//Disclaimer: Not now nor ever have I or will I own Harry Potter.//

Warning: None in this chapter.

The Intro. The narrow escape…

Harry stared up into the darkness, as he lay unmoving in his small cupboard under the stairs. He was just two years old and barely able to understand what was taking place around him. Tears trickled down the side of his face as he sniffled quietly. Very few children, if any, could really know that their families were abusive and neglecting them. Sadly enough, the young Potter was one of those children, but lucky for him he was beginning to piece things together.

Finally making up his mind, Harry rolled over and reached out in the dark to find his empty Styrofoam cup. Once he had it in hand he sat up. Silently he cracked open the cupboard door to allow a small amount of light in. With that he scanned the small area. Almost instantly he spotted Mac, his little spider friend.

"Mac… we go buh-bye now…" He whispered to the critter.

He waited just a moment, almost as if he was expecting some sort of reply and then proceeded to scoop up the spider in his cup when no such respond came. He grabbed his glasses and stuck them to his face and then climbed out into the kitchen. Everyone had already retreated to bed and the house was silent and dark.

"I ’cared" He told Mac, hoping for his friend to comfort his fears. "We gots to be ’ery shhh." He spoke almost softer than a whisper, bringing a finger to his lips in a shushing motion as he cautioned the spider to stay quiet.

Once again in Harry's good fortune someone had forgotten to lock the back door that night. The little boy reached up and turned the handle allowing the door to slowly inch open. After stepping out he shut the door with a soft ka-clunk. Having a bit more noise than he meant, he winced and hurried towards the street.

Harry's vivid green eyes wildly scanned the area as a slight tremble shuddered down the poor boy. He was trying hard to fight back the tears, but with little success. Fearful yet, the dark haired child crept down the night filled streets near his now ‘previous’ home. He had no intention of going back, they were mean…and didn’t want him, plus that would only lead to big trouble.

The sound of barking dogs startled Harry and he took off running. His little legs tried their hardest to carry him far far away fast but failed and he tumbled to the ground. "Owwie…" he cried out pushing himself up onto his knees. Tears instantly filed his eyes, leaking down his cheeks. " ’Pider, Mac!" He yelled, franticly searching for his eight-legged friend. Not but one or two feet away lay an empty white Styrofoam cup. The boy’s eyes widened in shock… his friend…was gone.

Harry sat in the middle of the road crying his heart out over his lost spider. Out of nowhere a truck rounded the corner going much faster than the posted limit. Of course it wasn’t until the last minute that he spotted the young child sitting in the middle of the road, and in an attempt to avoid hitting him he swerved to the right.

Harry, however saw the truck just as it began to dodge him. He let out a loud scream and balled up, shutting his eyes tightly… then the strangest thing happened… he disappeared.

Chapter End Notes:
The next chapter should be up very soon. Enjoy.
~Lady Rickard