Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:

//Disclaimer: Not now nor ever have I or will I own Harry Potter.//

Warning: None in this chapter.

Chapter 1: Unforeseen

Severus Snape heard a loud sound behind him, something tumbling around in the garbage cans. Instinctively he pulled out his wand and turned towards the sound. Once things calmed down the only sound you could hear was the soft sobbing of a small child. "What the…" Snape asked out loud moving slowly towards the garbage cans.

As the older man approached he could make out the shape of a very tiny boy. "Bloody hell…" he muttered, lowering his wand. ‘What’s a child doing out here…’ But after a moment studying the kid he noticed the marking on his forehead. "Harry Potter?!" He stated in a shocked tone.

All the while Harry was trying to figure out what he was crying over, being scare of being alone…being scared of disappearing and reappearing, the fear of almost being ran over, or crying due to the lost of his friend in a cup. " ’Pider… (sob) ’Pider…" His head was down and his fists were balled up under his eyes catching the falling tears.

The boy never once took notice of the man standing nearby until he heard his name spoken. Startled Harry glanced up at the man, who was standing over him in a large black robe. To a small child this is a very scary site. A loud whimper escaped his lips as he tried to back up away from Snape.

Severus ‘hmph’ed before pointing his wand to the garbage cans. In the blink of an eye all of them were standing upright once more. Harry couldn’t begin to understand what was going on. Terror was written all over his face and Snape picked up on it. "Get up, boy, now." He demanded.

Not wanting to find himself in trouble with this scary looking man, young Harry did as he was told. "O..otay.." He muttered.

"No. It’s ‘Yes, sir.’ " The older man corrected the boy, "No ‘otay’" he added snidely to the boy. Harry however, said nothing.

"Come, out of the garbage...." Snape said coldly, motioning the child forward.

Harry trembled as he took two steps forward. Severus cleared his throat as if expecting a 'yes sir' but never received one. The child was simply too young to comprehend. "Hmph, Boy… how did you get here? Out with it."

Little Harry simply shrugged his shouldered, really not knowing how he’d gotten there… or where he was for that matter.

Suddenly he was pulled up by the front of his shirt, now eye level with the older man, staring straight into his black anger filled eyes. "Don’t Lie To Me!" He demanded shaking the boy lightly to get his point across. Tears filled the child’s eyes as his face wrinkled up. "IdunnohowIgohere!Ipwomis,datwuckamoshitmeanddeIgettedhere!" He blurted out really quick making it very hard to understand him.

Severus though for a moment… ‘I dun know how I go here.’ He figured out the first bit and set the child down. "Potter, say that again slower this time." He told the child in a much softer but still firm tone.

Sniffling, Harry reached up and rubbed his eyes. He was glad to have his feet back on the ground and instantly shuffled backwards a bit to get out of arms reach of Snape. After swallowing deeply Harry decided to try once more. "I…I dunno how I goed here….. I .. da trwuck a’mosted hitted me and and de I getted here." He repeated much slower.

Snape managed to get the point this time, though it was obvious the boy had a bit of speech problems. He had almost been hit by a truck, from what he said and then just suddenly disappeared. "Come on." He said turning to head down the alley way a bit.

"We go?" He asked wanting to know where they were going.

"I said come on!" Snape shouted at the boy, turning to face him. "Don’t question me. Know lets go so I can get you back to your relatives."

"Unco!? Noo!!" He cried dropping himself down on the ground. He balled up and began crying. This startled the Potions Master quiet a bit. What would provoke a child to go into such a fit?

"Spoiled Brat…" He muttered, "Get up, Potter! I don’t have time for this." He quickly strolled over to the boy and reached down pulling him to his feet.

"No!!!" Harry yelled refusing to take footing on the ground, so that every time Snape released him he collapsed to the ground once more. "Nooo, no unco… noo…. I wan mah ’Pider!!! I wan Mac!!" He yelled, suddenly remembering his eight-legged friend once more.

Severus let out a loud exaggerated sigh as he lifted the boy off the ground, wrapping both arms around him to keep him still. "Fine!" He yelled and in an instant both child and adult disappeared without a trace.

Chapter End Notes:

"IdunnohowIgohere!Ipwomis,datwuckamoshitmeanddeIgettedhere!"

(I don’t know how I got here, I promise, the truck almost hit me and then I got here)

 

"I…I dunno how I goed here….. I .. da trwuck a’mosted hitted me and and de I getted here."

(I, I don’t know how I got here. I … the truck almost hit me and… and then I got here.)