Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
*************** Means a Dream Sequence
Strange Dreams and Leaving Home

Harry Potter stared at the piece of parchment lying on his lap and grinned widely. Ron had sent him an owl asking if he could spend the rest of his holiday at the Burrow. Of course, Harry immediately wrote a reply that he would love to and sent it off with Hedwig.

As soon as Hedwig had disappeared out his window, the letter tied to her foot, another owl swooped into his room and landed on his bed. The barn owl had the Hogwarts crest and a letter on its leg.

Confused, Harry took the letter off the owl and stared at it. Why would Hogwarts be sending him a letter? Opening it up and scanning it, his eyebrows disappeared into his hair at what he read.

Why would Dumbledore send Snape to meet him at the Weasley's? How did he know he would be going to the Weasley's? He shrugged. He always got the impression that Dumbledore could read minds.

Hearing a noise downstairs as his cousin Dudley snored loudly, he shivered. He was always paranoid that his Uncle or Aunt would come screaming into his room when he was writing with his quill or reading his spellbooks. That would not be a very good experience.

Slowly he let the owl out and got ready for bed. As he lay there, he stared out the window that had been barred again until sleep claimed him.

******************

He knew he was dreaming the moment he saw his mother standing near a fireplace. Next to her was his dad, James Potter. They were in a heated argument about something.

"I never want to see that slimy git anywhere near you again, you hear me Lily. Look what he has done to you." James yelled at his wife.

"He hasn't hurt me at all James. I liked him all the way through school, before I had noticed you. When he showed up here and you were away . . . I was lonely and he was there. Please understand."

Shaking his head, James opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again quickly. He soon stormed out of the room. Lily bowed her head and began to cry. Harry tried to comfort her, but remembered he was not really there. When he realised this, he began to slowly fade away, before everything went black.

******************

Slowly opening his eyes, he almost expected to see his mother standing there, watching him. His dream had been much more . . . real than normal. Sort of like when he had dreams of Voldemort. Sighing, he was about to get up and get changed, when someone began banging on the door for him to get up.

"Wake up and get down here, NOW. You need to cook breakfast. Burn anything and watch it boy!" Great, thought Harry, it's Uncle Vernon. Hurrying and putting on clothes, he called out that he would be down in a second.

With a leap and bound, he jumped down the stairs and raced into the kitchen, his untidy hair unbrushed. Grabbing a frying pan, he went about cooking eggs and bacon for breakfast, careful not to burn anything. Putting the plates and food down on the table, he immediately grabbed some slices of bacon and the smallest egg for himself.

Quickly eating before Dudley could steal his food, he was bombarded with a sick feeling. What if the Dursley's wouldn't let him go? Oh well. There was only one way to find out.

"Ron from school is going to come here to take me back to his house. He said he promised not to come the way he did last time." He quickly said the last, trying to calm down his Uncle who was turning red from anger. "They are driving here."

No sooner had the words left his mouth than there was the honk of a horn outside. Aunt Petunia got up to look out the window to see who it was and turned a ghastly shade of white. Harry immediately knew it was the Weasley's.

Getting up and running to the door, he opened it and went outside, only to see the Weasley's' new car parked in the drive. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Molly Weasley making sure that her husband didn't put any flying charms on it.

Ron quickly ran out, a look of confusion on his face. A minute later he understood why as the form of Professor Snape also stepped out of the small car. The Potions master had never told anyone he could drive a car so it came as a bit of a shock.

"Quickly get your things." Snape snapped at him. "We will leave immediately. And brush your hair!"

Harry did as he was told. When they had his Hogwarts things in the boot of the car, he climbed into the backseat, before the car started to drive off towards the Burrow, leaving 4 Privet Drive and the Dursley's far behind.

Harry had a peculiar feeling that Snape desperately wanted to be anywhere but here, but that he had no choice in the matter. He also looked like he wanted to tell something to Harry.

All the way back to the Burrow, he wondered on what could be so important to have Snape personally coming to get him?