Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 22

Lucius Malfoy was busy. Not doing anything for his Master, but for his own enjoyment. Whenever he had free time to himself, he spent it doing what he did best. Annoying the other house elves and sitting quietly by a roaring fire with a copy of the Daily Prophet in his hands, magically circling and cutting out any articles that he could find about the newest batch of Death Eater attacks.

As soon as he got the call, he immediately Apparated to the appointed spot, only half done with the paper. Grumbling angrily to himself, he slipped his mask on and walked into the clearing the meet was being held at.

"Ah, Lucius, you made it!" He heard his Master talk from right behind him. Starting a bit, he turned round to stare at the serpentine features of Lord Voldemort.

"Yes Master." He replied, playing his most favourite role of Voldemort's favourite lackey.

"Have you any news?" The question was more a demand than any thing else, but as soon as the words were out of his Master's mouth, he grinned wickedly.

"Actually yes. I sent my son a letter to report his monthly findings to us. I was quite shocked and pleased when I got the reply. It seems that our dear Severus changed stripes for the Boy Who Lived. It happens that they are very close. In fact, they are Father and Son. Both the Traitor and the Boy who Lived have to be killed."

Voldemort laughed in his high cackling way that sent shivers down even his spine. "Very good. Your Son will be rewarded for this. What does he feel about joining the ranks of my Death Eaters?"

Lucius grinned again. This he had been waiting for a long time, the chance for his Son not to screw something up and please the Dark Lord. "He will be pleased, Master. As would I."

"Good, good. As soon as the Holiday is upon Hogwarts, bring him here. He will be even more helpful at that school then." Again, Voldemort's high, shrill laugh filled Lucius' ears. "You may go back to whatever you were doing in that Manor of yours Lucius. You and your son have pleased me greatly this night."

"Thank you, my Lord." With that said, he Disapparated back to his seat by the fire, got his newspaper again and immediately saw an article he cut out and stuck in a workbook. Soon it would be full and he would have to get another one. Also, he will soon have to buy one for Draco. He knew it would be something the boy would like to do.