Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 26

Harry stared at the woman in front of him. Quickly, he finished picking up the rodents and began to hurriedly walk around her to give them to Fang.

"Fang will be happy with his present. I am sure of it." The Professor said from out of nowhere. Harry stopped in front of the door and slowly turned around.

"Um, sorry if I sound rude, but Professor what?" he asked, sure that the woman hadn't introduced herself.

Chuckling she replied, "Nashii Magecast. Professor Magecast in class, until then call me Nashii."

Harry smiled. "Ok then. Thank you Prof. Nashii. Um, I gotta go take these to Fang now and see Hagrid."

Nodding her head, she let the boy disappear out the door, before going up to the Headmaster's office. After all, he was now only writing out his invitation for her to become the new teacher.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A week passed and the other students that had gone home came back all laughing and telling each other what they had been doing. The first thing that caught Harry's eyes was a Hufflepuff girl going over to Neville and kissing him. He recognized her as Hannah Abbott, a fellow Fifth year student.

Her best friend Susan Bones was seen with Justin Finch-Fletchley. That was nothing to the fact that Neville had been hiding a girlfriend from everyone. Shaking his head and smiling, Harry took his seat between Ron and Hermione and cast a glance to Ginny.

He suddenly felt rather nervous. He had missed her through the holiday, even more than his two best friends. That had seemed strange. The embarrassing thing about it though was when he had told Severus and his father had laughed.

Harry ducked his head as Ginny looked to him, trying to cover the sudden blush on his face. By the way her face suddenly turned the same colour of her hair, Ginny must have seen.

"Hey." He said quietly to her. She looked to him shyly and said hey back. Looking at one another for a few minutes, Harry finally looked down to the table. He was quick to realize that his feelings for Cho had disappeared after Voldemort had killed Cedric, but what he was feeling now for Ginny was stronger than that had ever been.

"Um, what did you do for the holidays?" he asked her.

She stared for a bit longer, before answering. "Went to visit Charlie. Saw dragons. It was good."

At that, the two fell into a very uncomfortable silence and Harry realized that Ron and Hermione were staring at him. Hermione had a giant grin on her face, while Ron was looking a bit concerned.

"What?!" He said loudly. "Have I done something wrong?"

Hermione shook her head, and Ron reluctantly did the same when he felt his girlfriend's elbow dig into his ribs.

Frowning, Harry looked around the Great Hall where everyone was and spotted Draco scowling at Pansy as she sat next to him and tried to talk to him. Harry grinned at his enemy's bad luck, as Draco quickly shoved her off her new perch on his lap.

Suddenly their eyes locked and scowls were exchanged. Harry was curious when he saw Draco suddenly rub at his left arm. He hoped that maybe Draco had cut himself with one of the knives when he had pushed Pansy away. He deleted that scene from his mind when he saw several other Slytherin's doing the same thing.

The Dark Mark.

It had to be.

They were all rubbing their arms in the same place where his father's Dark Mark was. Harry frowned to himself and shook his head sadly. He didn't want to see the look of disappointment on Severus' face when he realized that at least ten of his Slytherins had the same Mark he hated so much to have.

He quietly stood up, excused himself from the table, gave his father a small glance, then left the Hall and walked slowly up to the Gryffindor Common Room. He was surprised when he found he could hear footsteps following him. Slowly turning around, he saw Ginny standing a few paces behind him and quickly closing that gap.

"Harry, why did you suddenly leave? You have everyone worried."

"I'm fine Ginny. I just couldn't stand to be in the room with those Slytherins all smiling and playing nice, when it is plain to see some of them have turned to Vol . You-Know-Who."

"There are students who are now Death Eaters?" Ginny asked, gasping at the news. She was too shocked at the thought to realize that she should have suspected it. "Why would they want that anyway?"

Harry shrugged. "Some have parents who are Death Eaters, some just want power, others probably will join just because they are asked to, or peer pressure. I feel so sorry for Severus."

"Severus oh, Professor Snape."

Harry nodded and sighed. Before he knew what happened, all thoughts of his father fluttered right out of his head as Ginny stood on the tips of her toes and kissed him briefly on the lips.

Too shocked to respond, he just stood staring down at her for a few seconds. When she started to say an apology, he kissed her back.

As they parted once again, he was turned to one side and saw a smiling Hermione. Ron on the other hand looked ready to shout out rape, until he realized that it was indeed Harry with his sister, and then he got a look of unbelieving on his face.

"Harry, what are you doing kissing my sister?" Ron asked, voice strained with what Harry noted was anger.

Before he could answer though, Ginny scowled at her brother, reached up to Harry's face and pushed their lips together again.

After that, Ron left them lone in the hall, slipping past the oblivious couple kissing in the middle of the walkway and made his way to the Dorms. Hermione followed him, caught up to him and did the same thing as Ginny had done to Harry.

By the time Dinner had finished, everyone knew that Harry now had a girlfriend. As the news reached the ears of a certain blonde Slytherin, Draco immediately stormed out of the Hall and to his room.

He sulked for the rest of the night.