Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 29

Severus, stunned, stared at Dumbledore with wide eyes. Slowly he backed up until his feet hit the edge of a chair. Falling into it in an unorganized heap, he buried his head in his hands and started to take deep breaths. Right now Harry needed him thinking clearly and not in the grips of panic.

It was a shock to him when he finally raised his head only to see the three students he had earlier talked to standing in the office looking worried and confused.

"Severus. I think that you should be the one who tells them." Albus said, handing the note back to the obviously distraught vampire.

Nodding slowly, he looked up to the three Gryffindors but didn't know what to say. Like he had done earlier with Dumbledore, he just handed them the note.

A few seconds later Ginny was staring blankly at a wall, Ron was fuming quietly to himself about how much of an evil bastard Lucius Malfoy and his son were. He was even a bit more shocked to see tears streaming down Hermione's face.

Slowly, he got up and left the room, not knowing where he was going. It was a bit of a surprise when, in what seemed like a few seconds later, he found himself outside of Harry's room. His old room. Opening the door and walking to the bed, he sat down on the comfortable piece of furniture, grabbed one of the pillows and held it close to him.

It suddenly hit him that he had lost his son. He finally didn't feel alone anymore and somebody stole his son away from him. He was alone once again. He couldn't stop the tears that suddenly sprang to his eyes and slowly made their way down his cheeks.

There was only one other time he had ever felt this bad and that was when Lily had been killed. He had been a wreak for weeks, and then he had decided to go against Voldemort. Now he didn't even have his spying job to help him through.

It was only when he could compare losing Harry to what it was like when he had lost Lily that he truly realized that he did love the boy. Why he didn't know before was beyond him. All he knew was that if Harry ever got out of this alive, he was going to hug the boy and never let go again.