Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Conversation at the Dinnertable

Severus stared at Harry from the opposite side of the dining table later that night. No one seemed to think it odd that he wasn't eating anything, mainly because he was sure everybody knew what he was. Harry stared back curiously.

After five minutes of silence between them, he watched as the boy's shoulders slumped. "What?" he asked.

Snape blinked at him. "I need to take you to Hogwarts Harry. You will have to leave your friends here though. You will see them when school starts again."

Harry looked at the untouched food on his plate. "Has this got something to do with You-Know-Who?"

Snape shook his head. "Not precisely, no. It has to do with something else."

Harry looked back up at his Potions Master, a look of curiosity crossing his features. "Really, to do with me?"

Severus nodded. He looked down at the nauseating food everybody seemed to love and grimaced. "It is important that I take you before your birthday. I was told to come here directly to get you. We will leave tomorrow."

Harry grumbled something and it seemed to Severus that he was the only one that heard what he had said. "I told you that you would have to leave your friends behind. It is important you come alone, Harry. Believe me on that."

Harry nodded quietly, thinking to himself that Snape had gone mad. "Why do you keep calling me that?" he asked, quietly out loud.

"What?" Snape asked confused.

"You keep calling me Harry. You never call me Harry. It's always Potter, or boy, or your going to get expelled for this!"

Severus looked hurt. "Sorry if it bothers you so much. Although seeing you expelled has always been something I have quite longed for, it is important that you stay with me for this year."

"Stay with you? What for? I have friends you know. I'll stay with Ron and Hermione."

Snape chuckled at that. "Fine, but sooner or later, you will come to me for help. Believe that. You will come looking for me."

Ron looked up from the sausages piled up his plate. "Why can't I come too? I've never really seen what goes on at Hogwarts when there isn't any school on."

Snape growled. "Why do you have to be so annoying?" he asked the youngest son of the Weasley's. "I said before that only Harry could come."

"Listen to your professor Ron." Mrs Weasley scolded. Ron looked back down at his plate and began to shovel sausages into his mouth. The act disgusted Severus, and it looked like it disturbed Harry too.

Harry sighed. "Fine." He said. "But I have to go to Diagon alley first to pick up my fifth year stuff." Snape nodded and the deal was sealed. He had gotten Harry to come along with him, but how was he supposed to go about telling him about him being his son, or the vampire that will soon show itself?

The rest of this holiday was going to test both of them. Hopefully they will find a way around all the problems that will pop up.

Chapter End Notes:
Yeah, yeah, I know. This part is sort of a filler part for the next chapter. Harry will be told of his heritage and about Snape being his father soon, I promise. Thanks go to saddarkeyes, for dedicating a chapter of her story to me. Thanks also go to everyone else that has reviewed.