Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 32

Harry fell to the floor in an exhausted heap after his energy was spent trying to bend the bars on the door.

Lucius Malfoy, the bane of his existence at the moment, had said he had gotten a present for Harry. He really didn't want to know what it was. Anything that Malfoy senior could give him as a gift couldn't be good, especially after what he had been told about the man's plans for him half an hour ago.

Slowly cursing himself for his stupidity of wandering out of the school when he should have been in class, even if he was under someone else's control at the time, he almost missed the shouting of a voice that was all too familiar to Harry.

Groaning, Harry moved himself away from the door, knowing the evil git Malfoy would not open the door with him anywhere near it. As the shouting got closer, he noticed more than one person’s shouts, all voices he would know in his sleep.

"How?" Harry whispered to himself, as the door was opened and the three new prisoners were pushed into the room with him. As the Dursley family fell in front of his feet, he heard the door slam closed again and the evil laugh as Lucius told him to have fun with them.

"Uncle Vernon, Aunt Petunia, Dudley. Are you ok? Did the evil bastard do anything to you?" He asked, suddenly worried for the only family he had known throughout most of his life.

As his Uncle got to his feet and spun angrily towards Harry's voice, he knew he should have stayed quiet. "You got this into this mess. You get us out of it. NOW boy! I will not warn you again." Vernon shouted at him.

"I can't. I'm just as much a prisoner here than you are. His house is probably warded against magic, especially in the Dungeons. They also took my wand from me. I can't get us out." As he said this, the full realization hit him and he wrapped his arms around his legs.

"Why did we get kidnapped from our own home by a bunch of your freakish kind? This is your fault, I just know it." Aunt Petunia said, angry eyes glaring at her nephew.

Harry nodded, but kept himself as small as possible on the floor. "It is my fault that you are here. He kidnapped you for a 'present' to me. He wants me to kill you all." Harry replied, starting to rock gently. He might not like the Dursley's very much, but they did raise him and are family. He couldn't kill them, could he?

"I have learnt some stuff this year about my real parents. Because of my father being what he is, I went through some changes on my birthday. I would have been taken out of your home to Hogwarts on my birthday anyway, even if I didn't go to Ron's house."

"What are you babbling about, boy?" Vernon cut in, wanting to know how this skinny little boy cold possibly kill them all.

"I'm . well, not human anymore. My father was a vampire. I sort of am one now, too."

There was silence for a few minutes, cut only by the sudden hitching of Dudley's breath. Seemed his cousin believed him. So too did Petunia. Harry could see she knew he was talking about as soon as he mentioned the v word.

"That . monster. He raped my sister I just bet. Lily told me all about him when she was in Third year." At this, Aunt Petunia grimaced. "I think she had a crush on him."

"She did. James was away from home at the time, but I guarantee you it was not rape." Harry said, trying to reassure a suddenly fuming Petunia. Who would have thought that his Aunt really did care for her sister?

Suddenly there was a flurry of motion as Petunia was hustled to the other side of the room by Vernon and Dudley. The woman had fainted at the mention of his real biological father and the rest of his family didn't trust him enough to leave her where she was.

Sighing and shaking his head, Harry laid himself down on one of the four beds in the room and closed his eyes, his exhaustion finally pushing him to sleep. Something he needed if he had to think of any way possible to escape from this dungeon and go back to Hogwarts.

He was relieved when he didn't have any of the terrifying nightmares he had been having for the past week.