Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 40

The class was quite interesting. Professor Fletcher had decided that he would take the subject of Therianthropy and teach the class about it.

Aunt Petunia and Dudley had been given special permission to join the class, as had Uncle Vernon and Remus. In fact, Vernon even looked mildly interested, though quite scared at some of the pictures that were being shown about the class.

Well, since some of those things, if not all of them would soon happen to him, later on that night for the first time, in fact, Vernon did have cause to worry.

Of course, he did have Remus with him and the two adults were seen whispering every now and then at the back of the classroom, obviously about things that the teacher had just talked about.

The lesson was a good one and afterwards, the three Muggles, or should it be said, two Muggles and a Wererat, now knew what would be happening to Vernon. It would have helped ease their minds a bit, if nothing else.

The best thing about his Aunt, Uncle and cousin staying at Hogwarts within the school itself for 'protection', was that they could all learn that they were just normal people, but with the ability to use magic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where do you think you are going?!" Petunia asked, as Dudley seemed eager to follow Harry and his friends about for the rest of the day.

"I want to see what Transfiguration is." He stated, getting ready to chuck one of his fits if he didn't get his way. Harry and his friends, that Ron Weasley of whom Dudley was looking at a little frightened - and with good reason - and some girl of which seemed to be bossy, were standing not too far away, chuckling slightly at the sight of him and his mother fighting.

Still, he didn't want to pass up this chance to see a little magic at work. He hadn't seen any in the...Defense class, Harry had called it, but he had never so much as had one of those fake magicians come to one of his parties before. He truly wanted to see something to prove that it wasn't all just, well, make belief.

"It is changing one thing to another! Now you know, lets go meet your father. He is supposed to change into that...thing tonight and who knows what may happen then"

Dudley couldn't help his "ooohhh" of excitement at seeing something like a rock, turn into...well, a turtle or something. The whole idea sounded marvellous to him.

Petunia lifted her hands into the air, shook her long-necked head and decided to just let her son do what he wanted. "Fine, Diddy dear, but please...stay out of trouble."

Dudley's face lit up then and turned towards the other three teenagers and walked as quickly as he could towards them. He had found that being locked up in a cell in a dungeon was a faster way to lose weight fast. Well at least the Headmaster of Smeltings would be a little happier with the new thinner him.

Shrugging slightly, he met his cousin and his friends with a smile, before the four of them ventured off to see what this Transfiguration thing truly was. Magic was something that Dudley Dursley suddenly found very interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry laughed as Dudley touched and prodded the small lizard in front of him. Of course, it was immobilized, so it couldn't scurry away and Dudley found the frozen state of the reptile rather amazing.

"You know, this lizard will be very sore when it is unfrozen." He stated, seeing the slight blush of embarrassment come across his cousins face.

"I'm sorry. It is just, usually I don't get to see a lizard this close up. What are you going to do with it?"

"He and his classmates are going to be turning these lizards into rulers, Mister Dursley!" Professor McGonagall stated, coming over to tap Dudley's fingers away from the green scales of the possibly very frightened creature.

It was revision work, but since final exams were coming frightfully close for this year, McGonagall found this to be a complete must, much like Hermione, whom he could see already had a perfect ruler in front of her.

Dudley's eyes widened at the thought. "Harry! Turn the lizard into a ruler!" he cried out, clapping his still pudgy hands together and ignoring the rest of the class as they all laughed at his expense.

Rol.ing his eyes, Harry did as he was bid, working the lizard first into a ruler, followed by other things. A stick, a watch that kept time, though it was a little fast, and a lollipop after Dudley stated he wanted to see if he could turn stuff into food.

Finally, with five minutes of class time left, Harry turned it back into its original reptilic form and unfroze it. Catching it before it could scamper away, he handed it to Professor McGonagall, before sitting by his desk, waiting for the bell to ring, signalling the end of classes for the day.

All in all, he had had a good day. Tonight though, he had decided, after much prompting from Remus, who said he wouldn't be attacked because of his vampiric nature, to hunt with the two werecreatures. Wolf, rat and vampire..one of whom he disliked, one of which he loved like an uncle and the other being himself.

He was willingly going to spend the night with Vernon Dursley. This had got to be one of thhe signs that the world was ending.

Either way, he would be well fed for tomorrow.

The End.