Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 6

The first thing Harry noticed when he woke up the next day was that he could see. Of course, he had never been blind, but he had always had bad eyesight. But now, without the aid of his glasses he could see more sharply and clearer than he ever had with the glasses.

Picking up the glasses, he stared at them puzzled. Shrugging, he tried them on, only to see the world turn as blurry as it used to be without them.

"Huh?" he said confusedly to himself. Putting the now-useless glasses back onto the bedside table, he got up and dressed in some comfortable Muggle clothes he had found in a wardrobe. Amazingly, everything was his size.

Walking to the Great Hall, he was surprised to see the Hall spotless. After the party last night, he thought the place would still be a mess. He was actually amazed that the sun was still up. It had started to rise by the time he had gotten to sleep.

Sitting down on a vacant chair at the Gryffindor table, he yawned before he realised he was all alone. Looking around at the deserted Hall, he felt extremely small. No matter how many times he had been in this room, there had always been someone else with him. He figured everybody else was still asleep.

Picking himself up on to his feet, he made his way to the fruit painting and tickled the pear, so he could access the kitchens. Entering, he saw the House elves wandering around doing their chores. Seeing Dobby, Harry walked over to the strangely dressed house elf and asked for some breakfast.

Dobby just nodded and got him some sandwiches, which he ate thankfully. He was soon full of sandwiches as all the other house elves had started to give him them. Before he left he grabbed a glass of pumpkin juice and drank it quickly.

When he escaped from the clutches of Dobby and his elven friends, he bumped into Snape. "Hey!" he yelled.

Snape just sneered at him. "I was told to come get you. You might have noticed some changes happening. I am supposed to help you to adjust."

"Adjust to what?" Harry asked, not knowing what his Potions Master, his newly found father, was trying to tell him.

Growling under his breath, Snape stared at his son. That word that was still so unfamiliar to him. "As I told you when we first got here, I am a vampire. When you are fully grown, you will stop ageing probably. I did, but I am not born this way. You were."

"What?" Harry asked, a confused look coming over his face.

Snape sighed. Sometimes talking to this boy was impossible. "Where are your glasses, boy?" he asked, colder than he intended.

Harry shrugged. "On my dressing table. I can't see a thing with them on anymore."

"You have started to change. You have inherited my Genes."

"But I'm wear...oh. You mean that I'm...but I don't feel any different. You are joking. I can't be a...not me."

"Stop your whinging. If it helps, I had no idea what was happening to me. You are lucky I am here. There is only one other vampire at this school. He might be willing to help as well, but you will have to wait for term to start."

"Another? Who? Is it Draco?"

Snape laughed. "No, it is not young Mr Malfoy, though I can understand how you could think that. No, he is also in Gryffindor."

Harry sighed in relief. "Good. But I still can't believe it." After a few minutes time, he realised what time it was. "I didn't think that vampires could walk in the sun."

"That is myth."

"Good. It would be hard to get to Quidditch matches when they are all played during the days."

Snape laughed again. Harry grinned to himself. He had gotten him to laugh twice in one day. The impossible had happened.

"Is that all you ever think of? Quidditch?"

Harry laughed then, "no, but your present didn't hurt. I loved it."

Severus grinned at the boy. He had liked his present. Now onto other more important things. He had to see how far Harry had changed.

"Have there been any other changes. Your eyesight has already changed. Is there anything else?"

Harry shook his head no. "No. Nothing. Just my eyesight. I promise to tell you if I find anything else has changed. Are all senses supposed to be enhanced?"

"Yes. That is true. Until you get used to it, I suggest you wear sunglasses out during the day. It rather hurts the eyes."

Harry just nodded before running back to his room. This action kind of puzzled Severus, until he saw the boy running back a few minutes later carrying his broom in one hand. "How well do you fly?" Harry asked.

Snape put on his best evil grin. "Let's just see." He announced before he too had grabbed his broom and both went to the Quidditch pitch, Severus carrying the new Quidditch set under one arm.

Being a full vampire, and Harry with his enhanced sight, they both played long into the night, still both able to see the balls in nothing but the moonlight. Harry thought it was the best feeling ever.

For the first time ever, he felt like he belonged to a family, even if it was Snape.