Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 74] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: What if Dudley was a wizard? And went to Hogwarts? Things aren't looking too good for Harry Potter, or for Severus Snape. AU, of course.

Takes Place: 1st Year Chapters: 9
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: Drama
Tags: Alternate Universe, Snape-meets-Dursleys Word count: 12351
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dudley Read: 68400
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: Dudley Goes to Hogwarts
Published: 02 Jun 2008 - Updated: 27 Sep 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

This is my first try at a longer HP fic in a long time. It's response to Attackfish's challenge Dudley Goes to Hogwarts at Potions and Snitches. I read it, became inspired and started writing. Let's see if it'll go somewhere. :)

English isn't my native language, so please excuse any wierd errors, and tell me about them so I can change them. Also, my English is a wierd mixture of both American and British English, and while I try to be as British as possible when writing this, it's not always that easy. Be patient with me. :)

Disclaimer: JK Rowling and Warner Brothers owns everything.

Summary: What if Dudley was a wizard? And went to Hogwarts? Things aren't looking too good for Harry Potter, or for Severus Snape. AU, of course
Table of Contents

1. A life not including Dudley by Cicci Green [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1830 words) Printer

So my first longer fic in a long time. Or maybe it won't be longer. It depends on if people like it, and I get inspiration. But I hope it'll be longer.
Enjoy!

2. Intermezzos in a hallway by Cicci Green [Reviews - 15] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1550 words) Printer

Wow, thank you for the WONDERFUL response! I've never felt more inspired and I just had to write another chapter.

3. The First Potions Class by Cicci Green [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1084 words) Printer

I'm so sorry for the delay. I'd written a page and a half of this a month ago, and then I left for a month in France to study and stuff like that and things just kept getting in the way. So I added a little more on what I've written and I'm posting it now just to have something. Sorry again!

Once again, thank you for the absolutlely amazing response. It means so much to me.

4. Homework and Jam by Cicci Green [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1590 words) Printer

Once again, thank you for your wonderful support and encouragement. A new chapter, and it didn't take me too long ;) I'm in America right now visiting the family I lived with when I lived here, so there might be some more americanisms than usual. But im really enjoying myself.

There's a lot of dialouge, and not much happening in this chapter, but I did it for two reasons.
1) I need to pratice writing dialouge, because I think it's really hard
2) I wanted to try and show a little more of Harry's character, and also give him a chance to deepen his relationship with Neville. I like Neville.
But Ron will still be Harry's best friend.

Enough of my rambling.

5. Fit in by Cicci Green [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (822 words) Printer

Fast update, yay.

I meant to skip directly to a scene with Snape, but instead we got some angst, and some Dudley.
It was hard to write for some reason, but I hope it turned out okay.

6. Balance beam by Cicci Green [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstar (1115 words) Printer

Yay. New chapter. More Snape.
I've done my best and I hope he's in character.

Just a small warning: There's some graphic descriptions of violence in the first part of the chapter.

7. The dark and the light by Cicci Green [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1081 words) Printer

Backtrack!
I never liked the last chapter so poof, it's gone.
Let's see if this one's better. I think so.

And I haven't updated in ages. I know. I have a good excuse this time. I've just started college and jeez. It's killing me. I hadn't expected it to be this hard or that I'd be this busy.
But thanks for reading and reviewing this story despite my lack of updates, you make me so happy!

Also, I'm wondering if anyone wants to beta this? I'd be very grateful if anyone would.

Okay. Time to stop rambling and get on with the chapter.

8. Up in the air part I by Cicci Green [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1742 words) Printer

Hi! No excuses other than that I'm lazy and go to college.
I love you all and I put up the next part of this by the end of the week.

My word is messing up so there are probably some errors in this. Sorry! I hope it's legible anyways. - 9/27-10 - I've edited this chapter to add some stuff in the end.

9. Up in the air part II by Cicci Green [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (1537 words) Printer

College is killing me.

There's been some changes to chapter 8, please go back and check those :)

To be continued...
Cicci Green is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 78 members. Members who liked Fate's sense of irony also liked 1525 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5