Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 184] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: A summer road trip through Muggle America comes to a halt when the car that Ron, Hermione, and Harry have purchased breaks down. Walking to the nearest gas station, Harry encounters the last person he thought he ever wanted to see…and his 1987 Camaro. But there’s a side to Severus Snape that no one knows about: a free riding rebel that would rather don older rock tees than robes and still breaks rules wherever he can. Little do they know it, but the Golden Trio is in for one hell of a summer. - Summer after sixth Year - Non-HBP and DH compliant

Takes Place: 7th summer Chapters: 11
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Snape Equal Status to Harry > Comrades Snape and Harry Genres: Drama, General, Humor
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 56172
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Hermione, Ron Read: 45948
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Out of Character, Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 26 Jun 2008 - Updated: 14 Jul 2011
Awards:
Story Notes:

Made for me by the wonderful Lanera!! :) 

 

3/24/18: LIKE OMG SHE'S ALIVE. I'm editng this story and have grand plans of, you know, actually completing it. More info in the first chapters notes.  

11/3/10: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE NEW TO THE STORY: This is most definitely considered an AU. I disregard HBP almost completely and DH will be altered as well. There is a level of OOC-ness in this story for a reason. I, hopefully, have explained the reason well inside my chapters. I know that this story seems really out there, but I beg you: give it a chance! It's fun and catchy! I tried to incorporate humor, drama, some angst, and real life emotions into it. It's not a slapstick comedy, nor it is a Shakespearean Tragedy. I think it's a good mix.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story, please, please, please review! I love getting alerts that my story has been favorited or whatever, but they are not even close to how good it feels to actually read a review of someone saying that they loved your story!

 

Carpe Diem! <3

Table of Contents

1. Gun, Roses, Beer, and Antics by Ria Rose [Reviews - 29] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6169 words) Printer

As of 3/24/18, I'm editing this story to better reflect my writing style change and to fix and errors or anything that sounds clunky or not right. I've edited the first chapter and will be completing the rest as quickly as possible. Once done, I WILL be finishing the story I started TEN YEARS AGO. Crazy, right?

A little note, the best soundtrack for the first few chapters is definitely classic rock. Just saying!

2. Some Truths, Some Cuddles, and a Breakfast Thingy by Ria Rose [Reviews - 19] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6147 words) Printer

Edited on 3/24/18

3. Accidently on Purpose by Ria Rose [Reviews - 20] starstarstarstarstar (4910 words) Printer

Edited on 3/24/18

All errors belong to moi.

4. No Sleep Till...Queens? by Ria Rose [Reviews - 17] starstarstarstarhalf-star (5811 words) Printer

Edited on 3/24/18

5. Barbecues, Swimming, Lost Loves, Firecracers, and Oh! a Severus too! by Ria Rose [Reviews - 15] starstarstarstarstar (5104 words) Printer

Edited on 3/25/18

This chapter was mainly influenced by by own memories of the Forth of July. Of course, my block always has a block party, but most of it is exactly the same. They are some of my fondest memories.

6. Plowed Into The Sound by Ria Rose [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarstar (4489 words) Printer

Chapter edited on 5/20/2009

Sorry this took so long! Read and Review!!

Many thanks and Snape Cookies to SnapeGirl for the beta!!

7. Burns and the Edge of Seventeen by Ria Rose [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarstar (4323 words) Printer

I apologize SO MUCH for the delay of this chapter. My muse took a long walk off a short pier and between work and college I had a hard time trying to fetch it (it really is a squiggly bastard!). I hope you guys have not yet lost interest in this story. I have a few more things I'd like to cover then I'll end it, but I want to do a sequel, so, hopefully I can rock it. :)

Snape cookies a'la mode for SnapeGirl for the beta and for withstanding my obnoxious E-Mails fretting over the chapter. :) Major thanks and I owe you! :)

Enjoy!

8. I Don’t Think Murphy Quite Had This in Mind, But Sure, Why Not? by Ria Rose [Reviews - 20] starstarstarstarstar (5298 words) Printer

Many thanks to SnapeGirl for the beta! Here's a truck load of Snape cookies, freshly baked!

9. I'm Not Dead Yet! by Ria Rose [Reviews - 1] (4872 words) Printer

First of all, MAJOR apologies for the over a YEAR LONG delay of the chapter. I had the WORST case of writer's block! But with help from that sassy and perfect Lanera, I was able to overcome it!

Second, the original purpose of this chapter was to be for Halloween (even though it takes place in the summer), not for the fest, but just to be creepy. I failed and didn't finish on time, Oh well! It's up now!

Third: Thank you SO much to Lanera for A, prodding my muse enough to get her working again and B, for beta-ing this chapter! Much love!

Please review!

PS: I am the Artist Formally Known As xoAngelicDemise. Hated that name and Jan_AQ was awesome enough to help me change it!

PPS: This chapter is dedicated to the awesome and crazy people over in the Litterbox. Why? Because I CAN.

10. Wanted and Unwanted by Ria Rose [Reviews - 19] starstarstarstarstar (4778 words) Printer

I'd like to thank DaughterofAres, Snapeswidow, Pandora, StarAngel2106 and anyone I missed for encouraging (which is really just a nice way to say BADGERING [LOL!]) me to write this chapter! The 'GET HARRY OUT OF THE DAMN BOX!' club may now disband. :)

Thanks MUCHLY to Lady Lanera for the beta! She's totally awesome. :)

Warning: Serious chapter ahead! LOL, my bad!

11. Lighthouses by Ria Rose [Reviews - 16] starstarstarstarstar (4271 words) Printer

Okay, this is a long time coming and, for that, I apologize. The bulk of this chapter has been written for six months, I'm serious! I had major trouble with the ending of it and that's what kept me. I'm still not totally happy with it, but I figured I should probably post it before someone tries to kill me or put a horse's head in my bed. Name that movie! LOL!

Anyway, I'm on a total HP high today anyway. Aside from the fact that tonight is the Midnight Showing of HPDH2, on Monday I went to the city to go wizard hunting at the premiere! Guess whose got two thumbs and was wrist-banded to go onto the red carpet and met Rupert Grint and Tom Felton? THIS GUY. LOL. So, since I'm giddy like an annoying child, here's a chapter!

Just a final note, this story is almost over! Just a few chapters left and possibly an epilogue. The jury is still out on the question of a sequel though. I have to say, it will most likely be different than this one if I do decide to go ahead with it. I started this story back in 2008 and in these three years since, my writing has vastly changed, I'm sure you can tell just by rereading this fic. So if there is a sequel, expect the same mix of drama and humor but also expect a more sophisticated approach earlier on instead of floundering for one in later chapters, LOL.

Anyway, long-ass Author's note aside, I hope you enjoy and I BEG OF YOU TO REVIEW!

To be continued...
Ria Rose is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 80 members. Members who liked Impalpable also liked 1494 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5