Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 91] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: "...I am not your father. I will not act like your father. I do not care for you, Potter, and I will not be a parent to you..."

...Harry was more than ready to agree with that and nodded as he finished the drink he had been sipping at nervously.

It has been often said that a father and son can overcome anything, that family can overcome anything as long as there is love between them...but what if there isn't love but only hate? In a time of war most rely on their family and friends, but who can Harry rely on when he can't tell his friends that Severus Snape is his father? Especially with how curious they are of his secrets already. It isn't like he has Snape, anyway...to Snape he isn't more than just a burden after all, right? So in his time of need who can Harry turn to? Who can help him as he completes the task that was set on him?

Takes Place: 6th summer Chapters: 18
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape > Severitus Challenge Genres: Action/Adventure, General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 66764
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Hermione, Remus, Ron Read: 65841
Rated: T
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 18 Sep 2008 - Updated: 13 Aug 2009
Awards:
Story Notes:

atp2.png picture by Lupins_Mistress

 

atp5.png picture by Lupins_Mistress

 

atp4.png picture by Lupins_Mistress

Table of Contents

1. The Wards and Occlumency by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3068 words) Printer

Don't know what to say really, just that this is my first attempt at any sort of story like this and it has been a while for me since Harry was the main character in one of my fanfictions. I will try to make it as original as possible and really just...hope you all enjoy it...questions are always welcome.

2. Birthday Surprises Part 1 by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3834 words) Printer

And we're getting into the part of the story we all enjoy. Nothing really new for me to say just I'm glad you're all enjoying the story and I already have next chapter ready so it will be up soon. Enjoy!

3. Birthday Surprises Part 2 by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (3420 words) Printer

Not feeling too good right now...I'm sort of sick...but that sort of stops me from sleeping even though I'm really tired...I detest medicine and I refuse to take some...so I'm online doing nothing...maybe I'll read a fanfic or two...

anyways I am putting up pictures for this story in my profile...links to them anyways so you guys should check that out and enjoy the chapter...

4. A Letter by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3645 words) Printer

So there you go just a little earlier than expected...here's to hoping you'll enjoy it and write me amazing reviews...other than that...any questions are always welcome...and thank you for reading.

And on that note...sorry for the enormous paragraph this chapter turned into...it was formatted properly when I was posting it...but I had, had some trouble with my file earlier which could have done this...but here's to hoping this time it is much better and easier for you guys to read...

I put it up so late last night I wasn't paying attention and forgot to check it to see if there were any mistakes on it...because that sometimes happens to me...I blame my computer...

5. Changes by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (4232 words) Printer

And here is another chapter...hope you guys enjoy it...

6. A True Dream by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3331 words) Printer

Pay attention to the dates guys, I jump around in this chapter at some point and it might confuse some if you don't pay attention to that...just telling you now just in case.

Enjoy the chapter. Picture for Ch. 4 will be up soon...along with another title pic which in my opinion is the best...I just love pictures. Looking forward to reading your reviews, questions are always welcome.

7. Just Another Day by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3207 words) Printer

8. Where Some Trouble Arises by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3393 words) Printer

Meant to update last night but I forgot it was Halloween which shouldn't have meant much but I was dragged off to the homecoming game by my friends even though I'm sick and it was so cold last night...anyways here's the chapter...enjoy.

9. Memories by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4028 words) Printer

10. The Unbrekable Vow by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (4378 words) Printer

11. Hogwarts by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3407 words) Printer

I've been just extremely busy this past few weeks and haven't really posted much, obviously...but I finally have time to get something up...

12. First Day Back by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (4394 words) Printer

Happy Holidays, everyone! Hope you have a happy New Year! Enjoy the fic.

13. Property of the Half-Blood Prince by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (3601 words) Printer

hope everyone had a good holiday! I meant to update earlier with everything going on around here I didn't get around to...not sure exactly when I'll uipdate but I already have most of this fic already typed up and ready to be posted...so it should just be a matter of getting my self to put this up...reviews help! *hint hint* lol enjoy the chapter.

14. Quidditch Try Outs by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3882 words) Printer

15. The Marauders Map by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3700 words) Printer

16. Snakes by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarstar (3838 words) Printer

17. Lucius Malfoy by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (3764 words) Printer

This chapter was beta'd by a friend from fanfiction.net just so everyone knows.

Sorry for the long wait, and enjoy the chapter. I hope to update again soon.

18. Escape by Lupins Mistress [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3642 words) Printer

I have not been around in a while. Sorry, guys...I've just been really busy to do much of anything and I completely forgot I was posting this story here. Anyhow...I will start posting a little more regularly and I hope you enjoy the chapter. Please review.

To be continued...
Lupins Mistress is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 39 members. Members who liked Atoning The Past also liked 1360 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5