Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 49] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Harry has defeated Voldemort, but at a high cost to himself.

Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry) Chapters: 7
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 20041
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, Hermione, Ron Read: 28545
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Self-harm, Suicide Themes
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 29 Dec 2008 - Updated: 26 Jun 2009
Awards:
Story Notes:

Hi, everyone, I have to admit that I'm not really sure about posting this one.  I originally intended to write it only for myself.  But hey, I'm an attention addict, lol!

Seriously, I decided to post it just in case someone else out there might like it too.  But this story may not be for everyone.  It has the same warnings as my story "Slave Child".  It deals with slavery and attempted suicide.  In fact, this plot bunny partly sprung from SC.  I had been wondering about some alternative scenarios there, and also from "Christmas at Spinner's End", such as 'what if Harry hadn't been so easily roused from his catatonic state of grief?" 

But I have made some significant changes from "Slave Child" so this story really isn't a SC alternate universe, but a story in its own right.  For one thing, Harry and his friends are older.  This story begins during the summer after they would have left school.  That being said, I am going to write them, especially Harry, as less independent than most young adults are that age.  I really like Harry and his friends as kids, but I didn't want school and lessons to get in the way of some things that will happen later.

Another thing is that, because I wrote this just for myself at first and I love mushy emotional scenes, the mush factor is pretty high.

So the warnings are:  sensitive topics such as slavery and suicide, and lots of angst and mush, and potential OOCness.

But anyway, in spite of that and this whole book I'm writing here, I hope you'll enjoy it!  

  

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 1 by Kristeh [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2815 words) Printer

A couple of things you should know:

It is the end of summer, after Harry, Ron, and Hermione completed their seventh-year. Events through OotP happened as in canon. HBP and DH did not happen. The last two years are vague here.

Harry is under a slavery spell, as in "Slave Child", but this time it was not an accident. It was somehow necessary for him to defeat Voldemort (But I'm going to leave the details of how that worked up to you).

Harry has very recently killed Voldemort. Severus almost died in the battle too, but was resuscitated. Harry and Severus have already grown close over the summer.

Okay, here goes...

2. Chapter 2 by Kristeh [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1732 words) Printer

Here's chapter 2. Sorry for the long wait, but I just have to work on this one when I can. I hope you'll enjoy it!

3. Chapter 3 by Kristeh [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (2023 words) Printer

Here's chapter 3. I hope you'll enjoy it!

4. Chapter 4 by Kristeh [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3163 words) Printer

Here's chapter 4. Hope you enjoy it!

5. Chapter 5 by Kristeh [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (3861 words) Printer

Well, here's another chapter finally! I hope you'll enjoy it. I had intended to include a nice mushy scene with Harry and Severus, but didn't get to it. I guess that means I'll just have to hurry up and write ch. 6, lol!

6. Chapter 6 by Kristeh [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (2843 words) Printer

Thank you, everyone! I hope you'll enjoy the chapter...the next one should be a biggie!

***This chapter contains a direct quote from "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" by J. K. Rowling.

7. Chapter 7 by Kristeh [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (3604 words) Printer

I was so excited about this part of this story that I just had to go on and write this chapter. I really loved writing this one, and I hope you'll enjoy it too.

That being said, remember the OOC and extreme mushiness warnings at the beginning of the story? I think this chapter lives up to those warnings, so be warned...

To be continued...
Kristeh is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 42 members. Members who liked A Pair of Phoenixes also liked 1203 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5