Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to J.K. Rowling, and I am not earning anything by writing this story.

English isn't my mother tongue. Therefore please be patient that I can't update my chapters as soon as I have them written. They have to be checked by my beta first!

Thanks to my wonderful beta, Amaq Iraluq, for correcting my mistakes.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Dear readers,
I did a lot of research for this story. I tried hard to read as much as possible about the Cherokee to not make stupid mistakes. The last thing I want is that someone feel offended. Please read my description and explanations to this story in my Livejournal. The link to it you can find on my profile here. There you can find a detailed summary and descriptions to the characters. In this story will be a lot original characters and so this would make things easier for you to follow.
The story is canon conform until book four and from then on it is AU!!
I’ll mention rape and torture in this fic but it won’t be described in detail. All the characters are OOC because of his changes in Harry’s fifth year.
The Character death warning I only included because there will be mentione the death of Neville and Ron. No more characters will die in this story!
Sunny
Chapter 1 – On the Plane

Harry looked at Severus who was staring at the back of the seat in front of him as if he wanted to set it on fire; surely he was still angry with Dumbledore for forcing them to travel by plane.

'It would be a great experience for the boys,' the old man had said. 'That would be a good start to your adventure.'

Phew, adventure. The man had nerves, Harry thought angry, forcing us to go to this ridiculous camp!

Harry's eyes wandered to the seat on the other side of Severus, and he saw that Draco was fast asleep, drooling on Severus' shoulder. He looks more peaceful than I have ever seen him. Maybe this camp will help Draco, but surely it won't help me. It's just stupid. Damn the fact I'm still under-aged; Dumbledore can still force me to do this. At least it's Severus and Draco, who are coming with me; I would have died of embarrassment if it was Minerva, or Dumbledore himself.

Harry wondered what the newspaper would write about this. 'Harry Potter, insane after torture in the Malfoy's dungeons,' 'Killing Voldemort and now insane,' or 'Off to a camp for insane teenagers after losing two of his friends who helped him defeat Voldemort.' Harry's throat felt tight when he thought about Ron and Neville. We should have been free and happy after Voldemort's death but they destroyed it all. Harry could still hear their cries when he tried to fall asleep at night. Each night he was throwing himself from one side to the other, trying to pry their cries for help, or the image of Draco being taken by one of the Death Eater out of his head until he passed out. Even his damn father had had a try on his own son. Draco had pleaded them to kill him, but they enjoyed his agony. They had found the perfect torture for each of them.

Draco was mostly raped or beaten, and they had enjoyed cutting him; he was covered in scars now. The formerly beautiful boy was now a monster in the eyes of most girls. For Harry he was now his best friend, besides Hermione. He was the only one who understood him because he had seen the same horrible things. Harry was very grateful that he was with him on this awful trip.

Ron and Neville had been tortured and killed in front of Harry, to terrorize him. He had offered himself to be tortured, he even pleaded for them to let go of them and take him. They had played their sick games with him, torturing him until he couldn't move anymore. One of the Death Eaters held his head up so that he had to watch them rape and torture his friends. They had forced him to call them masters, promising that they would let go of his friends then, but nothing helped; they tortured them nevertheless. Their evil laugher would follow Harry to his grave.

In the end they went too far and Neville and Ron had died. Harry would never forget their faces screwed up in pain and their pleading eyes. He couldn't help them. Never would he forget, lying in his own blood and piss and seeing the life go out of Ron's eyes. At least Neville died with his back to Harry. The guilt for not being able to help them and the horror about what the Death Eaters had done to them woke him from nightmares each night.

Hate was almost all he could feel lately. Hate for the Death Eaters and hate for himself. He couldn't say which one was more prominent.

Harry shook his head he didn't want to think about that right now. I will just have to survive this damn camp, and then I will wait until I'm of-age. Then I'll storm Azkaban, and they will pay for what they did. He didn't care that this would land him in prison as well; life had lost all meaning for him. All he wanted was revenge. Damn, I have to stop thinking like this so openly. That's what brought me to this plane in the first place. Dumbledore and the rest of the adults think I'm insane. They think sending me in a camp where I'm not allowed to use magic will help me. They are just stupid.

"Stop, brooding, Harry," Severus scolded him.

"I'm not," Harry said sullenly.

"Of course you are. There is almost smoke coming out of your ears."

"I'm not! And who are you to tell me to stop brooding. You have been looking daggers at the seat in front of you for the last two hours."

"I hate planes. Nine hours in here is pure horror. I'm really looking forward to arriving at the camp."

Severus' open character was something Harry had learned to become comfortable with. He was still surprised how calm Severus could stay even when he yelled at him. Things had changed a lot after that damn day at the Ministry. Draco had changed the sides and informed Dumbledore about the plans of his father and Voldemort, and he had fought side by side with Harry and the others. Nobody would have thought that Harry was able to kill Voldemort by the age of fifteen.

When Voldemort's ghost was within Harry confronting Dumbledore, Harry had even surprised the Headmaster by pointing his wand at himself and killing them both. At least that was what Harry thought at that moment, but minutes later he awoke in the arms of Dumbledore. By freely giving his life for all the others, he had automatically activated the protection of his mother around his soul, and only Voldemort's two soul parts had been destroyed. Harry hadn't even believed it until he saw that the Dark Mark on Severus' arm had vanished.

They had enjoyed two wonderful months since then, which they spent at Headquarters. Harry had mourned for the loss of Sirius, but soon the happiness of all the others around him had infected him and he enjoyed his freedom. That was, until the day where they get caught by the still free Death Eaters.

Draco, Neville, Ron and Harry were on their way back to the Headquarters after meeting Hermione and Luna in Diagon Alley when they had been stunned by Death Eaters in the middle of the day who Disapparated with them to the Malfoy's Manson. There they had to live through almost two weeks of torture. Ron and Neville had died, and Draco and Harry often wished they would have died as well.

Back at the Headquarters the adults did their best to help them cope with the death of their friends and with what they had gone through. Draco and Harry had stuck together since then, as if they had been friends for years; only they could understand each other; only they knew the horror of the two weeks in the Malfoy's Manson. They hardly spoke about what happened. Even some therapists had been called for them, but Harry never spoke with any of them. At least Draco opened up to one of the female therapists. Just feeling the closeness of eachother gave them comfort. They had shared a room from then on, and when one woke up with a nightmare, the other was there to comfort him. Severus was the only person they opened up to, a bit. Harry told him some parts of what had happened.

Harry still had Hermione as a good friend, but it was hard to speak with her. Hermione wouldn't be Hermione if she didn't come up with an idea to help in a situation. She gave Harry a notebook* which worked like a messenger; when he wrote something in it the Hermione could read it in her own notebook. Writing to her was much easier for Harry than speaking face to face with her. He still didn't tell her everything, but at least it was something.

Harry rummaged in his backpack for the messenger and finally found it. "I'm going to write to Hermione," Harry explained to Severus, who still was eying him.

"Good idea," was the short reply of the only adult person he had spoken about his memories of the dungeons.

Hi Hermione,

You remember Dumbledore's great plan to get me sane again? I'm in the plane now. Severus is brooding beside me, and Draco is asleep, drooling on his shoulder. He must have noticed it already, but instead of waking him he looks like he is trying to set the seat in front of him on fire with his eyes. He still has his wand; that's so unfair! Dumbledore has taken mine and Draco's when he waved us good bye at the airport.

I had hoped that Severus would convince Dumbledore that this was a stupid idea by the look he had on his face, but shall I tell you something? It was just because of the plane. He hates planes. The camp he likes. Great! He even has friends there; maybe it was even his idea to go there.

Now I've run out of things to say. Write if you have the book in your hand. I need some distraction.

Harry

Harry stared at the now empty page; that meant Hermione was reading it, so the chances where good that she would answer soon. She would be returning to school for their sixth year in two weeks. Harry and Draco wouldn't be back by then, but they didn't care about that. What did Harry need school for any longer if he just lived to kill the rest of the Death Eaters and then spent the remainder of his life in Azkaban?

Draco wasn't able to concentrate on anything lately. School would be senseless for him, so Dumbledore had let Charlie Weasley take over Severus' job as the Potions teacher; therefore, Severus could take Harry and Draco to Oklahoma to his friends at the therapy camp.

Hi Harry,

I would love to see Draco drooling on Severus' robes. He surely looks cute. I'm glad Severus still has his wand; at least he can rescue you two from any stupid things you are trying while in America. I want you two back in one piece! Tell Draco he should write me when he wakes up.

Please behave, Harry. Severus is just trying to help you two. I know you don't think you need help, but you do.

I have to go for lunch now. Write when you know something new.

Love, Hermione

Harry shut the book with a loud thud, waking Draco with a jolt.

"Thanks for rescuing me from drowning, Potter." Severus said sarcastically.

"Sorry, Severus," Draco said blushing, but then looked, grinning, over to Harry. "Have you already written to your girlfriend?"

"Very funny, Draco. Hermione said you should write her, or she will break into our room and destroy your poster collection of the Falmouth Falcons," Harry said dryly.

"She wouldn't..." Draco said, but after a few seconds he rummaged in his backpack for his own messenger.

Harry just grinned.

Chapter End Notes:
* the messenger isn't my idea. I saw it in a fic by Emma Lipardi!

Please review and let me know if you are interested in this story.