Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks a lot to my beta-reader, Bloodxtraitor and Tori, for correcting my mistakes.

Disclaimer: All recognizable characters belong to J.K. Rowling, and I am not earning anything by writing this story.

A great thank you to my moti-betas as well.

I'm not a native speaker of English!

Dear readers,

I would like to state again that this story is not REAL. I don't want to give you an inside view of any real therapy programs or so. I just put together a few experiences of myself and a LOT of imagination. I write my stories to balance myself out. That's also the reason why many of my characters have a control issue. I know that many of you are annoyed by it or even start to hate my stories but I need that to balance myself. At work I often feel helpless or restricted by laws or my boss. In my stories I can let my characters have power and control and it feels good for me to give them more than it is healthy in REALITY! I write my stories for me, but I realized that some people like them, even so they are a bit weird. That's why I upload them here. I won't change the way I write this or any other story. I'm not a good writer and it isn't my goal to become one! I like to learn but my main reason is to help myself with this stories. Feel free to tell me that you don't like the way I write things, but don't expect me to change it. Everyone has the right to have his own option, and you all have the choice to read or not read. Please just respect that I won't change the way I write. ( I added this information because of a review I got on another fanfiction site. It seems some people take my story too serious.)

So if you want to know if something is just made up or a real experience of me, just ask me in a review and I will tell you. Otherwise try to think that it is all just made up. There will come two chapters soon where something happens that wouldn't happen in any therapy, and if someone would do something like that, he would loose his work. I will give a warning before it happens to remind you again.

So now enough of this. I won't mention it again! So please keep it in mind.

Sunny

Chapter 34 – Supper

-II-

Doc Martens was still eyeing Harry strangely. Harry feared he would say something he wouldn't like when he didn't stop his behavior. Maybe he would even suggest putting some kind of monitoring spell on him or so. No, Harry didn't want this, and so he stopped glaring. "I'm sorry."

Doc Martens patted Harry's head. "I will check on you tomorrow!" Shortly after he left Black Hawk and Harry alone.

"What about the sweat lodge. Shouldn't I help Draco? He won't get it ready alone," Harry asked to show that he was willing to work together with Black Hawk.

"Light Arrow canceled your sweat lodge. If the doc gives his okay tomorrow, you two will start to build it. Otherwise we will wait longer. You have just lengthened your stay here for one or more days. Like I told you many days ago, we don't care if it take months or years. It will be exactly the pace you go it."

Harry hated it when Black Hawk was like this. He liked him like a big brother or uncle, but when he was like this he hated him, because it was showing him so clearly that he was not the one in charge here. That other decided over what would happen and how long he had to stay here. So he only could do one thing. Play along with them so that he could leave as soon as possible. Too bad that those people had long experience with children like him and knew very well what was going on in Harry's head.

-II-

"Let's go down to the campfire. I hope they left us a dove," Black Hawk said and patted Harry encouragingly on his shoulder.

Harry mind was busy trying to find a good way to convince Light Arrow that he didn't need one-to-one counseling. Why the hell did I have to lose control and say that I wished I was dead? You are so stupid, Potter, Harry reprimanded himself mentally. Now they think I'm suicidal or something. Just because I wish I wasn'talive any longer doesn't mean I'll go and kill myself. Having Black Hawk around me all the time will make everything so much harder. Harry imagined himself while he pulled his hair, like he did all the time before he went to bed, or scratching his arms until they were angry and red. With Black Hawk around, he wouldn't be able to do that, but it helped him when he had that self-loathing feeling. Light Arrow's wards were only activated when you hurt yourself really bad. Harry had tried to find where the border was, so he could stay just on this side of that line. He had once hit his head against the wall. It had felt so good, but Light Arrow had stood in his room only a few seconds later. Only with great effort could Harry convince the old man that he had slipped and hit his head accidentally. Now it will be so much harder to fall asleep. With Black Hawk around I will go mad. No, I have to somehow convince Light Arrow to at least let me sleep alone.

"Okay, let's go," Harry said enthusiastically, which earned him a strange look from Black Hawk.

The camp firepit was crowded. Two camp fires had been started. Over one of them they were roasting the doves and three rabbits. The other fire was close to the already finished sweat lodge Maya had built. Inside the fire lay several of the stones they had brought from the river.

Melissa, Draco and Maya sat close to the cooking fire with White Cloud and Rose. They were busy wrapping potatoes in foil. There was a small pile of already wrapped ones close to the fire.

A hand on Harry's neck guided him in the direction of where the men of the camp were. They were filling two big barrels with water. "Hey, Harry, have you seen my turkey? Isn't it great! Like I said, I got it." Ken beamed at Harry. "Come on, I'll tell you the story."

Before Harry could say anything, he was dragged away under a tree to where Ken's bow and arrows lay. "I was creeping through the bushes with Crying Horse. I hadn't found anything and almost gave up after more than two hours, but then Crying Horse grabbed my arm." Ken had taken his bow and now was holding Harry's arm like Crying Horse had done. "He pointed at something a few feet in front of us, and I had to look twice to see that it was a turkey. Damn, I was so excited. I needed two attempts to get my bow ready." Ken put the arrow on his bow and crept as if he was back in the bush again. "We took one step, then stopped and stood very still and then another one. So we came closer and closer. Once or twice the turkey stopped eating and looked up, so we stood very still. We squeezed our eyes almost completely shut, so he couldn't see the white in our eyes and when he started eating again, we stepped closer. Then I finally was close enough and shot." Ken held his bow up and shot at his imaginary prey and then started to make a victory dance. "I got it. All the training was worth it. I shot it straight into his heart. Isn't that great?"

"Yeah, great!" Harry said and tried to sound enthusiastically. The problem was, he wasn't really paying attention. Too many other things were shooting through his mind.

"Here try it," Ken said, excited, and pushed the bow into Harry's hands.

"Yeah, Harry, try it!" Brian cheered and joined them. "I got my rabbit with this." He held up a spear. It's much harder to get one with my weapon because you have to be closer than with the bow."

"The bow is difficult as well. You have to aim very well to hit the prey from a distance. Come on, Harry, try to hit the tree over there," Ken said.

It felt good to have the bow in his hands. Like a warrior. He could imagine the Death Eaters standing in front of the tree. He glared at the tree and stretched the sinew of the bow. There was Lucius Malfoy's face very vividly in front of his mind, and Harry let the sinew go. The arrow soared through the air, but failed to hit his target.

"No problem, Harry. You will get training later. Before you go hunting for the first time, you will be much better," Ken said soothingly and patted Harry's shoulder.

"Come over, boys! The doves are done," Black Hawk called from the campfire.

"I want something from my rabbit later," Brian shouted and danced around with his spear.

"Doves are delicious, Harry," Ken said and guided him over to the rest of the camp members. "I hope Black Hawk or Crying Horse will show me how to make a flute out of a bone from my turkey."

"Here, I got us some food, Harry," Black Hawk said and gestured Harry to follow him over to the gate. They sat down in front of it with their backs resting against the gate. "They are overexcited about their successful hunt. We will enjoy a delicious turkey lunch tomorrow. Besides turkey, my favorite dish is dove. Do you like it?"

"Yes, it's good." Harry put his first piece of dove meat in his mouth absent-mindedly. "Wow, that's... that's amazing!"

Black Hawk laughed. "Are you sure you aren't related to Severus? Those were exactly his words when he tasted it for the first time."

"Telling tales about me?" Severus said when he came closer, Draco in tow. Both sat down in front of Black Hawk and Harry.

Draco didn't like the dove meat and said he wanted to wait for the rabbit or the potatoes.

"The potatoes will need at least one hour, Draco. You should eat or you won't feel better," Severus scolded the blond boy.

Draco screwed up his face. "I'm still not feeling well."

"That's because you need something in your stomach," a deep voice said behind him. A plate with meat was placed in his hands, and Light Arrow sat down beside him. "Rabbit-" Light Arrow pointed to the almost white meat, "-and dove." Now he pointed to the slightly darker meat. "Eat, or you won't have enough energy to build the sweat lodge tomorrow."

Draco threw a shy glance over to Harry.

"Want more, Harry?" Black Hawk asked, and when Harry nodded eagerly, he put more meat on Harry's plate.

"So we will have the sweat lodge tomorrow?" Severus asked, trying to sound casual. He had no clue what had happened to make the old man change his plan. Black Hawk was called to Light Arrow as soon as they were back from the forest, and Severus had not had the chance to ask him.

"We will see. Doc Martens will check on both boys in the morning, and then we will know more. If everything goes as planned, they can drive with you and Black Hawk to the forest at ten. After lunch, they can build the sweat lodge," Light Arrow explained.

"What's wrong with them?" Severus asked, hoping Light Arrow would tell him more.

"You know the rules, Severus. If you want to know, you have to ask them, not me," Light Arrow replied.

Severus groaned and rolled his eyes. "So what's wrong with you two?"

Draco blushed. "I... I broke down on the way to the river. Light Arrow came and drove me to the river while Harry and Maya went on by foot. On the way back, I could join them but we... I was too weak to wheel the wheelbarrow, and so we had to leave it behind. I felt very sick again when I was back here, so Light Arrow sent me to rest. The healer came later and said I should drink a lot more, and he gave me some a potion and Muggle medication. He said I will be okay tomorrow."

"You collapsed? Just because you were wheeling an empty wheelbarrow to the river?" Severus asked puzzled. Was Draco weaker than he had thought? Was there something seriously wrong with his health other than the repercussions from the torture in the dungeons?

Harry's inside burned, though not for the same reason as Draco's. No, he wasn't embarrassed because they had done something stupid by wheeling the other around, but he felt embarrassed about Severus thinking they were weak. He didn't want to be weak, and he didn't want Severus to think he was weak.

"We did something stupid, so we exhausted ourselves unnecessarily. Otherwise I would have made it without Light Arrow's help," Draco said, ashamed.

"Draco, we already spoke about it. There is no problem in being handicapped by what you had to go through. You body was greatly injured, and you will never be like you had been before. You will learn to live with it and accept it. I had no problem helping you. You made it back here alone. That was really good, Draco. I'm very proud," Light Arrow assured the boy and carefully lifted his hand very slowly to Draco's head to ruffle his hair. Relieved, he realized that Draco let him do it without flinching away.

"You weren't here as well the whole afternoon," Severus stated and looked questioningly at Harry.

"Yeah, ehm... I..." Harry said and let his piece of meat sink back on the plate. He looked uncertainly over to Light Arrow. "I would prefer to not speak about it." He looked down, but he knew without looking that Severus eyes narrowed at him.

"You don't want to speak about it?" Severus asked agitatedly. "What the hell-"

"Severus!" Light Arrow said warningly. "If he doesn't want to speak about it, you have to accept it."

Severus growled. No, he wasn't a least bit amused about what he had heard and seen here. He wanted to know what was wrong with Harry and hated it to be left in the dark. "What about you? You weren't here as well." Severus glared angrily at Black Hawk.

"I was occupied," Black Hawk said dryly. He felt bad lying to Severus. He knew how much these boys meant to him.

"Occupied with what?" Severus asked dangerously. So even his brother was acting against him now?

Black Hawk stared at Severus, pleading with his eyes for forgiveness and that his brother would let the topic drop.

"Fantastic. Just leave me in the dark again. Stupid Severus does not have to know about anything. Right? Why should I? I'm just one of them right? I'm not worth having the great counsellors speak with me about my boy's problems. I'm just a mental idiot for you," Severus shouted. His voice had become louder and louder, so everyone was staring at them at the moment.

"I could use help in the stable. Why don't you come with me, Severus?" Red Horse almost growled behind Severus.

"Oh great, are you sending your bodyguard after me now, old man?" Severus spat at Light Arrow who stayed totally calm and continued to eat. Jumping up, Severus shouted full force now. "Stop ignoring me!"

"Okay," Light Arrow stood up, and Severus lost all his color and stepped backwards. "Crying Horse? You will take over for me here at the camp. I don't know when I will be back." When the young man nodded, puzzled, Light Arrow looked over to his wife, and after getting a nod from her, he grabbed Severus' arm and pulled him in the direction leading out of the camp. "Red Horse, get the old pickup and follow us."

Red Horse ran. It was like the Hogwarts Express getting going. It was impressive, and Harry was sure that anyone who would be stupid enough to stand in his path would be run over. Severus meanwhile had lost all his will to struggle and let Light Arrow drag him out of the camp.

"I'm sorry, okay. I didn't mean to shout at you." Severus tried to rescue what could be rescued. Light Arrow in a mood like this wasn't something Severus ever wanted to see again. The old man had a vice like grip on Severus' arm and didn't make any move to let go.

"You said I should stop ignoring you, Severus. That's what I'm doing. We will speak, long and in depth. There will be no running away. This behavior has to stop. The boys need you as a good role model. You can't lose your temper like this in front of them. You obviously have a problem with me and your brothers, and we will clear this up - now. I need Black Hawk with Harry, so he has to stay at the camp, otherwise he would join us," Light Arrow explained in a serious voice.

Now Severus really was scared. That didn't denote well at all, and Severus would do anything to undo his outburst. He was scared. The noise of the pickup coming closer made him jump and become aware that Red Horse would be there as well. That made him feel even more uneasy. "Please, Light Arrow, let me go back. I'm sorry! It won't happen again."

"No, that won't happen again. We will make sure of that, Severus. We will talk, but not here. Somewhere you can scream and shout as much as you need to, without disturbing others."

Oh, no, not that. No, no, no! That was so embarrassing the first time and now I'm an adult. Under no circumstance will I do this, and surely not with Red Horse around!Severus thought desperately and tried to wriggle out of Light Arrow's grip.

"I'll drive the car and you take care of him," Light Arrow commanded when Red Horse jumped out of the car.

Severus really tried to make an attempt to run, but was quickly caught by Red Horse and shoved in the direction of the car. "You will not run away, Severus. Light Arrow will help you. He knows what to do," Red Horse said while he maneuvered Severus onto the double passenger seat and sat down beside him. Seconds later, they were on their way further into the deserted land.

///

"I didn't want him to get in trouble," Harry said miserably.

"Severus is an adult. He makes his own decisions and knows that he has to live with the consequences. He can't go on like this," Black Hawk said, determined, but looked at Rose with a worried look as she sat down beside a shaking Draco.

Crying Horse was unusually pale and glanced nervously over to White Cloud. The old women just smiled at him. Why did he give the responsibly to me? Why me? Why not Black Hawk or Rose or White Cloud? He always was like the odd one out, the clown, the one you send with the kids to have fun, but not someone you give responsible for all the kids and the camp to. Crying Horse was really shocked. And there was sweat lodge ceremony this evening. A very serious ceremony, and he was responsible for it going smoothly. No Red Horse or Light Arrow to help him. Even Severus would have been a great help. Crying Horse stood helplessly in the middle of the campfire place and tried to find a solution.

"Ehm, Crying Horse?" Aiden asked. "Shouldn't we take the last rabbits off the fire?"

"Rabbit, yes... yes... we should take them down," Crying Horse stuttered and finally pulled himself together. This was his chance to show the old man that he wasn't just Rose's joking sidekick. He could be serious and responsible. Light Arrow had trusted him with this, so he would make the old man proud.

With a voice so determined that everyone looked surprised, he said, "Brain, Ken, take the last two rabbits down. Aiden, take the gloves and lower the fire. Then we will put the potatoes in the embers.

"Be careful, Aiden," Crying Horse warned and helped Aiden to pull the branches out of the fire and extinguish them. After checking the second campfire, he called for Black Hawk. "Can you help me bring the first stones into the sweat lodge? It's time to heat it."

Both men started to bring one glowing stone after another into the small sweat lodge. It was very difficult to move the hot stones with a fork through the small tunnel that lead into the sweat lodge.

Rose gave Draco's shoulder a squeeze and went over to White Cloud. That left Draco and Harry alone.

"Will you tell me what happened?" Draco asked softly.

Harry sighed. "If you want to know, but you have to promise not to be mad at me," Harry said miserably.

"Okay," Draco said, but couldn't hide the fear in his voice.

"I tried to run away again, and I confessed something really stupid to Light Arrow. That's why Black Hawk is around me all the time. He isn't allowed to leave me or let me out of his sight. He will be around me day and night until Light Arrow says I can be left alone again. Do you think Severus is in trouble?"

Draco's eyes went wide, and Harry knew that his change of subject hadn't worked.