Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Dear readers,

a fast update for you because I will be offline from the 11th to the 18th of June. Maybe I will upload another chapter before I leave, but I don't promise anything!

Sunny

Chapter 35 – Family Conversation

-II-

Rose gave Draco's shoulder a squeeze and went over to White Cloud. That left Draco and Harry alone.

"Will you tell me what happened?" Draco asked softly.

Harry sighed. "If you want to know, but you have to promise not to be mad at me," Harry said miserably.

"Okay," Draco said, but couldn't hide the fear in his voice.

"I tried to run away again, and I confessed something really stupid to Light Arrow. That's why Black Hawk is around me all the time. He isn't allowed to leave me or let me out of his sight. He will be around me day and night until Light Arrow says I can be left alone again. Do you think Severus is in trouble?"

Draco's eyes went wide, and Harry knew that his change of subject hadn't worked.

-II-

Harry was relieved that Draco hadn't made a big deal out of his one-to-one counseling. He had just kept questioning Harry until Harry had finally told him everything about what had happened with Light Arrow and why he wanted to run away again.

When Harry finally seemed to realize that it was irrational act, and not a planned escape, Draco was relieved. It was harder to convince Draco that Harry didn't really plan to kill himself. The blond boy had looked at him with worry for a long time before Harry could distract him.

Now, they were crouching behind the small warehouse near the location of the campfire. Harry had escaped Black Hawk's clutches because the man needed to help Crying Horse with the ceremony. There had to be two people watching to be sure everything was okay with the fire and the ceremony. So Aiden had been given the task of watching Harry. The boys had other things in mind than watching Harry, and so all the boys had hidden behind the hut to get a peek at the girls in their bikinis.

"Shh, or they will hear us," Brian whispered to Ken and Harry who were speaking softly. The two men were nowhere to be seen. The sweat lodge was blocking the view for the boys. They had positioned themselves where they had a good view on the two big water barrels.

"When will they come out?" Harry asked impatiently.

"Be patient and grateful that you can be here at all. I really should be watching you in your room," Aiden said teasingly.

Harry rolled his eyes, but due to the darkness, Aiden didn't see it.

"There, they are coming out!" Brian exclaimed, excited.

"Oh, damn isn't she beautiful?" Ken said dreamily.

The boys were climbing on each other to have a better view. Harry had to push Brian's head out of the way to see White Cloud and then Rose, who the boys were most likely referring to. White Cloud had a wrap around her waist and a bikini top was covering her breasts. Harry quickly looked away from the old woman and looked at Rose. Yes, she was beautiful. Crying Horse was a really lucky man to have her. Even Draco was ogling at Rose.

Shortly after the women, the girls came out of the sweat lodge. Aiden's and Ken's eyes were still fixed on Rose while she was letting the cold water from the water barrels flow over her heated body. With a big cup she was taking water from the barrel and poured it over herself in satisfaction. Maya and Melissa were in bikinis like Rose, but they danced around and squealed when they poured the cold water over their heated bodies. Harry didn't know where he should look at first. Maya was well formed and Melissa was very thin, but still very attractive.

All the boys were still ogling at the female members of the camp when suddenly an ice cold fountain of water came over them from behind. The water must have been drawn directly from the well because it was very, very cold. It robbed the breath of the boys, and after the first shock, they screamed and jumped from their hiding place.

Harry's clothes were soaked with the freezing water. He could see it very vividly because now they stood in the light of the campfire. Shocked, Harry looked up in the direction from which the water had come and his heart sank. There stood Crying Horse and Black Hawk; both looked very angry, and Black Hawk even looked thunderous.

"Off with you lot to your beds, this instant. We will speak tomorrow about this," Crying Horse said sternly. It was awkward to hear him like this, but nobody complained.

"Not you," Black Hawk exclaimed and grabbed Harry by his neck.

Aiden had stopped and looked fearfully at Harry and Black Hawk. "We will speak tomorrow about your lack of responsibility," Black Hawk said angrily to Aiden and didn't even feel remotely sorry for the hurt look on the boy's face. Should he toss and turn in worry tonight, maybe it will teach him to take tasks I give him more seriously next time, Black Hawk thought.

Harry's head glowed from embarrassment when Black Hawk led him over to the campfire and the women. He didn't dare to look up and just stared at the ground shivering from the cold. When they were close to the women, Harry heard White Cloud whisper something in a sing song voice and in a language he didn't understand. It must have been a drying spell or something similar because suddenly Harry's clothes were dry and even a bit heated.

"Back into the sweat lodge girls," White Cloud ushered the girls back into the sweat lodge.

The hand on Harry's neck guided him over to one of the tree trunks around the campfire. "Sit down!"

Harry felt that he was slowly developing a cramp in his neck from his looking down all the time. Around ten minutes had passed and nobody had spoken with him. The two men also sat silently beside each other. Harry heard shuffling and Black Hawk was gone for a few minutes. "Come over here!" Black Hawk commanded.

Harry looked shyly up and saw the man standing a few feet in front of him, pointing at a camping mat and a sleeping bag close to the fire.

"I'm sorry," Harry said miserably when he stood in front of Black Hawk.

"No talking now. The ceremony must be held in silence," Black Hawk said in a soft voice. He helped Harry into the sleeping bag. "Sleep, you are not in trouble!"

Harry looked up surprised. He wasn't in trouble?

Black Hawk just put his finger in front of his lips when he saw Harry's puzzled look. "No trouble!"

Harry really tried to fall asleep, but it was too awkward knowing that he was being watched. He was still awake when the women came out of the sweat lodge the second time. Pressing his eyes shut very tightly, he tried to ignore the sounds the women were making. He almost jumped when a hand was placed on his forehead and calming magic was flowing through him. Harry had the feeling that this magic was slowing his heart beat down. After a few more seconds he was asleep.

When the sweat lodge ceremony was over, Black Hawk carried Harry in his arms over to the main house and into the room they now shared. He unwrapped Harry from his sleeping bag and changed his clothes to pajamas. During this he saw that Harry's skin on his forearms was very rough. When he inspected the skin closer, he saw scratching marks. He had never seen Harry scratch his arms and so the boy must have been doing it in his sleep or when nobody was watching him. Black Hawk furrowed his brows. I need to have a close eye on him and tell Light Arrow about it!

Harry woke up when the sun was shining on his face. He sighed and turned around. Cat fell from his chest to the ground - or so he thought, but it actually landed on Black Hawk, who groaned. "Attacked by a stuffed animal; what a great start in the day."

Suddenly Harry remembered his one-to-one counseling and the events from the last night. He also remembered that Black Hawk had said that he wasn't in trouble, and he hoped that was still the case. Nevertheless Harry looked warily over the edge of the bed at Black Hawk. "How did I get here?"

Black Hawk raised his eyebrow. "How do you think?"

Groaning, Harry threw himself backwards. "You carried me?"

"Exactly," Black Hawk replied and stood up, stretching himself. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine," Harry said shortly.

"Okay, then we should go to the bathroom. I think Doc Martens will be here soon. It's already quite late."

Grumpily Harry followed Black Hawk into the bathroom. Even there he wasn't allowed to be alone, although Black Hawk did seem to try his best to make it less awkward. As quickly as possible, he managed his normal morning routine, and when they went back to his room, Doc Martens came up the stairs. "Ah, my first patient is already up."

"And clean, just for you doc. Can I leave him to you for the next five minutes?" Black Hawk asked.

Doc Martens eyed him closely. "To support your unhealthy hobby?"

Harry had to work hard to suppress a giggle. The trapped look and the slight blush on Black Hawk's face was too funny.

Doc Martens measured the man with his eyes. "Light Arrow is downstairs. You still have to pass him. Normally I would wish you good luck, but not in this case. You really should give up the habit, Black Hawk. You are ruining your lungs."

"First an attack, then a tongue lashing. What a wonderful day," Black Hawk said sarcastically and looked at Harry. "Behave. I'll be back soon!"

/

"Red Horse and Rose will drive with Draco and Harry into the forest to gather the fresh osier branches," Light Arrow explained at breakfast.

"Why not me and Severus?" Black Hawk asked, puzzled.

"Because I need you here," Light Arrow explained calmly.

"But-" A glare from Light Arrow stopped Black Hawk. He looked with puzzlement over to Severus, but his brother just looked down at his plate.

"You will stay in the house after breakfast. I will explain everything else to you then. The other boys will be occupied with moving the dung heap from the south to the west. Draco and Harry also will be punished for their foolish behavior yesterday. They will help White Cloud in the garden tomorrow. I'm very disappointed in all of you." Light Arrow glared at the teenage boys. When they all looked down ashamed, Light Arrow looked at Black Hawk again. "You can speak with Aiden about his punishment for not following your instructions after I'm done with you and Severus. Crying Horse, you will have to take over Red Horse's tasks for the morning. Can you do that?" Light Arrow asked the youngest adult of the camp.

"Sure," Crying Horse agreed. He finally felt like a real part of the camp - an important part and not just a sidekick who nobody took seriously.

"Then it's settled. The girl can help you, White Cloud," Light Arrow decided.

/

"What's wrong?" Black Hawk asked when the kids had left the kitchen.

"We will have a talk together with Severus. Some things need to be settle. I also want Harry to get to know Red Horse better," Light Arrow said.

Red Horse stiffened and then shuffled on his seat uncomfortably until White Cloud lay a calming hand on his bulgy forearm.

"Harry needs to get some tension out of his system. This cannot be done with talking. He needs to practice some physical challenges. I want you and Black Hawk to give him some wrestling training, Red Horse. You can let Aiden take part again as well. I'm not sure about Draco, though. Maybe we should wait a bit more. Or maybe you could try if he wants to learn it from you, Severus. He will not get scared by you touching him, and I think a manly attributed sport would do him good. You could try to let him watching Harry's training first, and we will see how he reacts," Light Arrow wondered out loud.

"But Black Hawk is as good as I'm in wrestling. He can manage to train the boys alone," Red Horse tried to wriggle out of this task. "I'm very busy with the horses and-" He stopped when he saw Light Arrow's look. "I don't want to do it," Red Horse pleaded truthfully.

"Why not?" Light Arrow asked. "You had no problem speaking and wrestling with Severus last night."

"He is my brother. You know I'm not good with other people," Red Horse said unhappily.

"You just need a bit more practice, Red Horse. You can't run away from other people your whole life. Harry and Draco are both calm boys. You managed to train Aiden," Light Arrow argued.

"He was different. I could break them. They are not well; I can see that. The blond one will run away when we suggest it. I don't like when they look at me like that."

"Red Horse, if you would speak just a bit more with them, they wouldn't shy away from you. The blond one has a name: he is Draco. And like I already said, we will watch him while you train Harry. Then we will decide what we will do with him. Harry is not so fragile. You won't harm him by wrestling with him. On the trip to the forest you can get to know both boys better. Rose will just be there to intervene if something goes wrong."

"I'm not ready for this!" Red Horse protested and stood up to flee.

A wave of Light Arrow's hand and the door was closed with a loud thud and there was no question that it had been warded as well. "We are not finished here, Red Horse."

"I can't do this, White Cloud! Why is he forcing me to do this?" Red Horse asked the only person he hoped would help him now. His brothers were just looking down at their hands hoping that they would get out of the kitchen unharmed. Rose wouldn't be any help either. Red Horse knew that she wanted him to be more open, and she always tried to get him to speak with the children more.

"You can do this, Red Horse. Black Hawk and Severus will be there with you during the training, and Rose will be there in the forest. There is nothing to be afraid of," White Cloud said calmly.

"I need you to do it, Red Horse. Draco will never come with us into the sweat lodge unless he knows you a bit better. You have to go into the forest with them, and you will help them to build the sweat lodge. We have no alternative for him now that the women's sweat lodge is already over. He needs to come in with us, and I want him to stay. You know that when they give up and leave the first time, they will most likely never attend one again," Light Arrow said intensively.

"I can stay out of the sweat lodge," Red Horse offered.

"You are part of this camp, part of this family. We all attend at a sweat lodge ceremony or nobody will attend. I let you run away too long. It's time to work on your own problems."

Red Horse looked back at Black Hawk seeking help, and he finally dared to look up.

"He is right, Red Horse. The kids like you when they finally get the chance to get to know you. Aiden is really fond of you, and he loved the wrestling training. Harry is similar to him. You will like him. He is a good boy, and he won't break when you touch him," Black Hawk said soothingly. He had no idea how this might work with Draco, and so Black Hawk kept his mouth shut about that. He feared Draco would wet himself if Red Horse would attempted to wrestle with him. Sometime the old man had crazy ideas.

Red Horse looked as if he would start to cry any minute. He didn't know what he could say to convince his family that he wasn't the right man for the task. When Rose placed her hands on his shoulders to sit him back down into his chair, he didn't protest. "I can't do this," he said miserably while Rose's magic was fighting its way through his big body.

"Of course you can do it," Rose said softly and kissed him on his head. "You are a wonderful man. Harry and Draco will be glad to get to know you better. Please try it, Red Horse. I will be with you in the forest. Everything will be okay."

Red Horse sighed in resignation and let his head hang. His shoulders relaxed, and finally Rose could reach all the stress knots and calm her brother completely.

Chapter End Notes:
So yes Draco and Harry are boys. ;)

You will learn more about Red Horse and Crying Horse in the next chapter as well. I hope you are ready to learn more about the OC now. Of course Harry, Draco and Severus always will stay in main focus!

Please review!