Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 49 – Talk Talk Talk

-II-

Light Arrow saw the turmoil in Aiden's eyes and knew that the boy couldn't speak it out loud. "Okay, I will go with you." He placed his hand on Aiden's shoulder. Then he turned to the others. "For the time I'm not here, some things have to be arranged. Crying Horse, you will be responsible for Ken and Brian. Rose, you will take care of Melissa in a one-to-one counseling. She will not be alone for one second. The same goes for Draco and Harry. As long as I'm not back and had the chance to speak with them, you, Severus will not leave Draco's side and you, Black Hawk, won't leave Harry's side. Naturally White Cloud is head of the camp for that time, and all of you will do as she says. Red Horse you will take care of the animals. Ask for help when you need it. I don't want to find you totally worked out when I come back. Maya you will help White Cloud."

On their way out they passed Harry and their eyes met. Harry still looked angrily at Aiden, but something in Aiden's eyes made him wonder if he had been too harsh in judging him. Wasn't he the one who pushed people away in England? Didn't he also hurt people just out of the burning fire of anger and desperation inside himself?

-II-

"Speak to me!" Black Hack demanded.

"Hmpf," Harry said and turned away from Black Hawk, hitting the wall with his palm.

"That will lead you nowhere."

"Who cares!"

"I do. Now speak. Why didn't you tell anyone how serious your problems with Aiden had become?"

"Because they weren't serious!"

"Stepping on your foot while you were running and almost dislocating your arm while fighting with you isn't serious in your opinion?"

"No! Can we stop talking now?" Without waiting for an answer Harry pulled the cushion over his ears. Silence. Just the rushing sound of his own blood in his ears. It was eleven in the morning and the first day without Light Arrow and Aiden. Black Hawk had forced Harry to go back with him in Harry's or better their shared room at 10:30 to talk about the problems with Aiden, but Harry didn't want to talk. No, why should he want to? Only because Light Arrow had to go with Aiden they all had to suffer. One-to-one counseling for Draco, Harry and Melissa. They got punished for Aiden's behavior. Harry wanted to ignore what happen and forget it. Severus was speaking with Draco, and they weren't allowed to speak with each other before they hadn't spoken with their counselor. That was just unfair.

It was hot under the cushion, and Harry needed oxygen.

"No!"

"What?" Harry asked, puzzled.

"No, we cannot stop talking. It's your decision when you finally start talking to me, I don't care." Black Hawk stretched himself on his camping cot, bored.

"But I don't want to talk about it!" Harry sat up and looked down at Black Hawk.

"Then we will only leave the room for meals and the bathroom."

"That's unfair." Harry threw himself backward on his bed again.

"If you say so!"

Harry groaned. "What do you want to know?"

"Why you didn't come to me or Severus or Light Arrow or anyone else and tell us what happened?"

"I didn't think it was a big deal as long as he left Draco alone."

"We are speaking about you, Harry. You also don't deserve to be bullied and hurt."

"Eww."

"Harry?"

"I know, but it wasn't so bad!"

"He hurt you several times."

"I'm fine."

"You weren't!"

"Black Hawk. Please let's stop."

"Not before you understand that this wasn't the right solution. Making Melissa promise not to tell as well wasn't the best idea. Melissa's problems could have become worse by not being able to speak with anyone about it. You know that she has a lot of problems. Giving her the burden of not being allowed to speak was a bad move."

Harry groaned and pressed the pillow over his head. "I know!"

"That's a start." Harry could hear Black Hawk's muffled voice through the cushion.

"I didn't think about it. I was just so embarrassed that he could manhandle me like that. I had no chance against him without magic."

"You had the chance to ask for help!"

"Yeah, screaming like a baby for you or Light Arrow to come and rescue me."

"Fighting isn't allowed, and believe me Aiden would have been lucky if it were me or Light Arrow and not White Cloud who caught him. I promise you Aiden would have called for help and all the others as well. It's no shame. None of the kids here are easy, Harry. If you let things like this bullying happen for too long, it won't solve itself but get worse. You will always be physically weaker than Aiden. Maybe you would be able to fight him with magic, but do you really want to do that? Do you want to hurt him. Doing the same wrong thing he has done? I thought you were different."

Harry sight and threw the cushion against the wall in front of his face. He hated it when the adults here always showed him how stupid some of his actions and thoughts were. It made sense when they said it, but Harry never would have seen it like this without there help. "No, I don't, but it is so hard when he is always able to show me that he is the stronger one and then he did it in front of Melissa. That was the worst."

"Yes, it is hard, but you could have ask her to get help. She wouldn't have thought bad of you for it. She would have preferred to see you unharmed."

"What is Light Arrow going to do with Aiden now?"

"We are not talking about Aiden and Light Arrow at the moment!"

"But we can speak about them later?"

"Yes, if you are a good boy and tell me what you'll do if something like this happens again. Start with him mocking you for your running and the stepping on your foot."

Harry sighed. "I would first try to speak with Aiden why he is doing it and then I would tell him that I would tell one of you about it if he didn't stop."

"Good idea. What if he would threaten you or blackmail you?"

"I... I wouldn't listen to him, because it would stop as soon as you heard about it. He could tell you anytime and try to blackmail me with anything I wouldn't care. I... I can trust you."

"That's right, Harry." Black Hawk stretched his arm until he could reach Harry's hand and took it in his.

"I'm not used to asking for help." Harry paused shortly. "The Dursleys, the people I grew up with, never believed me when I told them that Dudley was bullying me. Sometimes they even let Dudley hit me for lying, even so I wasn't lying." Harry turned his face away from Black Hawk, so the man couldn't see his tears.

"We are not like them, Harry. We are your family now."

Harry squeezed Black Hawk's hand while a sob escaped him.

"Can I come up there?"

Harry could only nod. His throat was tight, and he fought hard against more sobs. First Black Hawk sat down on the bed and just held Harry's hand, but then he decided to pull Harry closer and hugged him.

Half sitting on the man's lap, Harry hit his face in Black Hawk's chest. "They never believed me. They said I should stop telling lies."

"We believe you. We care if you are hurt or if you are feeling bad."

"They never did. They just locked me in my cupboard."

"Here you have a big, nice room and a cat and a plushy cat and a family that cares, Harry. That's how it always should have been, but we can't turn back time. We cannot make undone what they did to you. Now it is different, Harry. We will always be there for you. All we ask for is that you are honest with us. You don't have to hide anything from us."

Harry nodded in the broad chest in front of his face.

"That Aiden bullied you wasn't okay, and we would have wanted to know about it to stop it. Can you understand this?"

Harry nodded.

"Good." Gently Black Hawk petted Harry's head. "Next time you come to me or anyone else, right?"

Again Harry nodded.

"So what do you want to do today?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders. "I would like to speak with Draco."

"We need to wait until Severus is finished talking with him. We can write them a note to meet us at the paddock and push it under Draco's door. How does that sound?"

"Good."

/

"Draco, you are no girl. Sexual abuse is of course changing a person, but it doesn't make you a girl or unmanly."

"But I didn't help, Harry. I just stood there, and then I hid behind the big stable."

"Violence scares you. That is normal after what you experienced in the dungeons. Harry wouldn't have wanted you to fight with Aiden. Everything you could have done was getting help, Draco, and that's exactly what I want you to do next time something like this happens. Okay?"

Draco nodded. "Do you think Harry is mad at me?"

"Why should he be? I think he is more worried than anything else. I want another promise from you, Draco."

"What?"

"I want you to promise me that you won't run away again. My heart almost stopped beating when Light Arrow told me you were missing."

"I didn't think."

"That's normally Harry's way of doing things."

Draco grinned and imitated Light Arrow's voice. "We are not speaking about Harry here."

Severus chuckled and ruffled Draco's hair. "I see you learned something from the session with Light Arrow and Rose."

"Yes, I did!" Draco smoothed his hair down again. "I really like them."

Severus smiled at the blond boy. "I'm glad to hear that. Bottling up all the bad feelings and the memories from the dungeons isn't healthy. I'm glad you can open up to Rose and Light Arrow."

"It's hard. They often want to know more than I'm ready to tell them. They push me really hard and it often hurts a lot, but they always stay until I have calmed down." Grinning he added. "And I always get one of White Cloud's hot chocolates afterward."

"Oh, yes, her hot chocolates are the best." Severus drew Draco closer to him and kissed his head. "I'm so proud of you, Draco. It must cost you a lot of strength and conscious effort to speak about it."

Draco didn't answer. He just drew his arms around Severus and hugged him. "I'm glad you brought us here."

Again Severus cupped Draco's head in his hands and kissed Draco's hair. "I'm glad you like it here."

Draco became thoughtful again after he just hugged Severus for a while. "Do you think the others think I'm a girl?"

"No, I think you are the only one who thinks something like that. Maybe we need to convince you of the opposite. What about some men stuff? We could sleep around the campfire this night. Maybe Black Hawk and Harry want to join us. You could also learn wrestling with Harry, and maybe I can convince Black Hawk to start the hunting training a bit earlier with you and Harry."

"Really?" Draco sat up, excited. "That would be so cool!"

"I first have to speak with Black Hawk about the hunting training. I can't decide this alone. We need to wait for him to finish his talk with Harry. Maybe we could keep White Cloud company until then. What do you think?"

"Okay."

When the went for the door they noticed the note in front of it. "What's that? Getting secret messages from someone?" Severus asked, amused.

Draco knelt down and read the note. "It's from Black Hawk. They are already done with their talk and wait for us at the paddock."

"Good, that safes us from kitchen work."

"Severus?" White Cloud shouted when the black haired man tried to open the front door as silently as possible to avoid getting noticed by her.

Severus groaned quietly and turned in the direction of the stove. "Yes?"

"Don't stay out too long. Lunch is ready in half an hour. Bring the others with you as well. Oh and Draco don't forget your hat."

Relieved that he wasn't called back for cooking or other kitchen work, Severus replied, "Of course." After grabbing Draco's hat and tossing it at the teen, they left the house.

/

"Really? That's so cool, Draco. It will be great. I can show you all the moves I learned from Red Horse and Black Hawk. You will learn them fast, you will see." Harry excitedly petted Draco's shoulder.

"But only when Aiden isn't around."

"Sure. I can speak with Red Horse. He can schedule extra trainings with me and you. It will be great. You will see. Wow, and hunting. Brain and Ken will be so jealous. They had to wait over half a year to start hunting training."

Draco looked nervously over to Severus and Black Hawk. "Severus said he first has to ask Black Hawk. He could still say no."

"Then I will pester him as long as it takes to make him agree."

"Have you written to-"

"Okay, boys, we will camp outside tonight. After lunch you two will have a nap and then we will get everything ready for our night out," Black Hawk said while he and Severus came over to the boys.

"What about the hunting?" Harry asked curiously.

"The hunting training, Harry. I don't think Light Arrow would have any objections, and we can start this afternoon if you want to."

"Yeah!" Harry said enthusiastically and threw himself at Black Hawk.

Black Hawk was shocked first and then laughed. "I really need a manual for you, Harry. Sometimes your actions are surprising me immensely."

Harry bumped Black Hawk playfully against his chest.

"Aw," Black Hawk cried out playfully and held his chest. "Fighting outside the wrestling arena. What if I tell White Cloud."

"Then I will tell her that you started it and will use my puppy dog face." Harry showed Black Hawk how good he was in making that face.

"Very Slytherin, Harry." Severus ruffled Harry's hair.

Black Hawk just shock his head. "I don't really understand why women always fall for it."

Laughing they all went to the stable to get Red Horse and than back inside the main house for lunch.

/

Can I go and help Red Horse with the chickens?" Draco asked Severus while the wizard built up the campfire.

Severus straightened and popped his backbone vertebra. Then he whistled until Red Horse came out of the stable a thirty yards away from them. He formed a funnel in front of his mouth and shouted, "Draco wants to help you. Can I send him over?"

Red Horse just waved Draco with his big hands over and the blond boy obeyed happily. "See yeh."

Harry was bored. This afternoon Severus and Black Hawk had shown them all kind of possible weapons for a hunt. Then Draco and Harry had build there first bow and spear. Now Harry had carved all kinds of little symbols in his spear and was satisfied. Draco still wasn't back, and so Harry was happy when he saw Rose and Melissa coming over to them. Crying Horse was at the river with Ken, Brain and Maya.

"Hey," Harry said uncertain when he ran a few steps in their direction. He looked nervously at Rose and then at Melissa. She looked bad. She had swollen eyes and looked sadly at him.

Harry's smile vanished from his face. "Are you mad at me?"

"Mad?" she asked, puzzled.

Harry saw Rose pass him and going over to the fire. "Because I asked you not to tell someone?"

Melissa shook her head. After a pause, she asked, "Are you mad at me for... for..." She blushed.

"No," Harry said and blushed as well, remembering the kiss. He resisted the urge to touch his lips. "Ehm... thanks for the dream catcher. I hooked it over my bed. Black Hawk showed me the right place for it."

Melissa smiled shyly.

"Ehm..." Harry looked unsure from Melissa to the adults around the fire. Black Hawk and Severus were watching him secretively, but Harry could see their stolen glances at them. "Ehm... can we go over there?" Harry asked in Black Hawk's direction and pointed at a big tree around fifteen yards away from the camp fire.

Black Hawk nodded, but the moment Harry wanted to turn he held his finger up. When he was sure he had Harry's attention, he pointed two of his finger at his eyes and then at Harry.

Harry blushed and then turned to Melissa again. "I would like to speak with you without them listening in. Would you like to come with me over there?"

Melissa nodded and they both went to sit under the big tree. Here Black Hawk could have an eye on him but not an ear.