Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 173] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: On the night of October 31st, when Voldemort showed up to kill Harry, he found that two of his Death Eaters were already there; traitors. That night left two boys orphaned and seeing no other option, Dumbledore placed both boys on the Dursley's doorstep. Draco and Harry grow up bonding as brothers for they're the only other person they've got to rely on. Come their year at Hogwarts, they're both sorted into Gryffindor. But Severus Snape watches them...will he be able to take them in when they need him; his godson and a boy that should have been his son?

Takes Place: 1st Year, 3rd summer Chapters: 21
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Angst, General, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Child fic, Snape-meets-Dursleys Word count: 68446
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco Read: 110710
Rated: K+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Violence
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 03 Sep 2009 - Updated: 08 Oct 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

This idea just came to be out of nowhere and I had to write it, enjoy!

Also the first several chapters are revolved around Draco and Harry but Severus will get his main part a little later on, I promise. But this story would be pointless if I didn't establish the bond Draco and Harry had first, plus it will further show what Snape will be up against. Let me know whatcha think!

Table of Contents

1. Orphans by watercrystals [Reviews - 15] starstarstarstar (2754 words) Printer

This chapter is the beginning of the background chapters that don't yet include Snape fully. These will show various times over the years and demonstrate the bond that Draco and Harry have as well as what they go through. Things will even out more once they're eleven.

2. Inseparable Pair by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2406 words) Printer

Thanks to those who reviewed! Updating earlier than planned but I'm sure no one will mind ;P.
The years are increasing to show what Harry and Draco go through and their bonding, it will last for a few chapters until we reach their first year at Hogwarts and then Snape will come into it. Enjoy!

3. Nine Bad Days by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (3327 words) Printer

4. Hello, Magic by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4017 words) Printer

Thanks to my reviewers. It's finally time for the boys to start receiving their letters!
Everything within that you recognise belongs to J.K Rowling and the first book/film.

5. Counting Down to September by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4553 words) Printer

This chapter contains a bit more violence, as does the story but this chapter specifically...not much but thought you should be aware.

6. At Long Last by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (3311 words) Printer

Snape finally makes an appearance and the boys are beginning their journey to Hogwarts!

7. Hogwarts by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (3907 words) Printer

Thanks to all my reviewers!

8. Rivalry and Suspicions by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (3686 words) Printer

9. Methods of Prevention by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2757 words) Printer

Thanks to my reviewers! And a special thanks to P.G (aka, Ponytail Goddess).

10. A Different Christmas by watercrystals [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarstar (1828 words) Printer

Thanks to my reviewers. Extra thanks to Raven Knight, P.G and Pandora...y'all rock!

11. Nearing the End by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2095 words) Printer

Hey, thanks to my reviewers and I will get around to replying to you all as soon as possible.
I know the first year went by rather quickly but I need to move the story along to the main plot and aim. I hope you'll all enjoy this, otherwise...well, I can't please everyone I suppose. Anyway, enjoy and next chapter begins the more direct parts of the plot.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and no one that you may recognise in this fic, particularly this chapter in which I have sections from J.K.Rowling's first book; The Philosopher's Stone.

12. Hedwig's Call by watercrystals [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (1896 words) Printer

This chapter was supposed to come before the next one! Accidently updated the wrong one, but here it is now! Sorry is this caused some confusion.
This chapter contains some violence and child abuse, I don't believe it's too strong but thought I should warn you anyway.

13. The Knight in Black Robes by watercrystals [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3383 words) Printer

Thanks to all my reviews, especially Raven Knight, P.G and Pandora!

14. What Morning Brings by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (3646 words) Printer

Sorry for the slight delay in updating, had to actually write it :P. Also I feel that there is more I could have done to this chapter but no matter, enjoy!

15. Renovations by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (3989 words) Printer

Sorry for the delay. Long story. Anyhow here is the next chapter and I will update again within a week. Enjoy!

16. Unjustified Departures by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (3948 words) Printer

Draco makes a decision and with it follows some Harry/Snape bonding...sort of.

17. Whereabouts by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (3604 words) Printer

Was away visiting a friend, hense the delayed update. Enjoy!

18. Circumstances Change by watercrystals [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (3805 words) Printer

Thought I'd update this early, thanks to my wodnerful reviewers! Enjoy.

19. Their Protector by watercrystals [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (3097 words) Printer

20. All in Appearance by watercrystals [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2559 words) Printer

Hit a bit of a stump with this chapter but have re-read the fic so far and every review I ever received for this fic. It's back on track again, finally, so expect more soon!

21. Recollections by watercrystals [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3878 words) Printer

Sorry for the delay, am back on track now!

To be continued...
watercrystals is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 111 members. Members who liked Brothers of Bond also liked 1458 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5