Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 352] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: (UPDATED: APR 02 2011) Snape wakes up from a coma to a new world in which Voldemort is dead and gone, defeated by Harry Potter. Deciding he has nothing more to live for, he tries to end his life, but things don't quite work out the way he planned. Harry gets pulled in by Dumbledore to assist with Snape's...little dilemma.

Takes Place: 8 - Pre Epilogue (adult Harry) Chapters: 47
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Reverse Roles > Parental Harry Genres: Drama, General, Hurt/Comfort, Supernatural
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Deaging, SuperPower! Harry Word count: 382664
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Dumbledore, Ginny, Hermione, Remus, Ron, Sirius, Tonks Read: 547545
Rated: K+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Physical Punishment Spanking, Neglect, Romance/Het
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 11 Sep 2009 - Updated: 21 Aug 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

As mentioned on my bio section on my profile, this story is planned out in its entirety, though not yet fully written yet. Thus, some minor details are subject to change. If any such changes do occur, I promise to try to keep track of them via the author's notes. Also, as this story is not yet written in its entirety, I cannot promise regular updates after a point. However, given the best case scenario, I expect to write continuously and update regularly, but I'm not willing to make any promises at this point (lest I break them).

PLEASE read the WARNINGS!!! I cannot stress this enough. This story contains a few SWATS every now and then as well as FLASHBACKS of ABUSE. If any of this bothers you in any way, shape, or form--meaning it's going to make you toss and turn in your sleep--then I kindly ask you to pass over this particular story. I'll be sure to note when the swats will occur for those people who care to be informed. Whether to turn back or read on will then be up to you. I take no responsibility on whether or not you get bothered if you choose to read on. All reviews containing rants will be blissfully ignored. :)

By the way, this is an AU piece.

By the other way, I must acknowledge Dramagirl007 on Fanfiction.net--her story about the same theme gave me a bit of inspiration for this piece, and for that I thank her. 

Table of Contents

1. Au Contraire by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7060 words) Printer

Harry gets pulled in by Dumbledore to help with Snape's...little dilemma.

2. Welcome Home! by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (5490 words) Printer

Severus comes face to face with the cold, hard truth about both his physical limitations and exactly how far he can push Harry.

3. Dreamcatcher by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (8029 words) Printer

Dinner in the new Potter quarters! Severus begins to get these inexplicable little urges to do certain things, and he starts to feel as he's of two minds about everything. He also begins finding out some surprising things about Harry, and a certain fiery girlfriend makes her first appearance! Question: Does she speak idiot-speak too?

4. Shopping: Girls Love It, Guys...Not So Much by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (7540 words) Printer

The girls go shopping in Diagon Alley. Remus soon joins them, as does a stranger with familiar green eyes, clutching an even more familiar infant to his chest.

5. Cub by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (9332 words) Printer

Harry helps Sev overcome old demons and reveals some of the skeletons resting in his closet as well. Severus is forced to reevaluate his previous assumptions about both Harry's life and Lupin's, causing him to unknowingly take his first steps towards healing.

WARNING: Flashbacks of abuse

6. Maudlin Moods and Dinner Drama With Silliness on the Side by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6275 words) Printer

The Lupins come over for dinner! Tonks takes a tour of Harry's quarters, Remus feels overwhelmed by something else, the infants bond, and the three of them are witness to an interesting little...domestic display at dinner.

7. I Hope You Dance by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6597 words) Printer

Harry confesses some of his deepest fears to Ginny during their now-rare alone time; and when Sev wakes for a late-night feeding, Harry gets the chance to introduce him to the magical world as seen through his eyes.

WARNING: Mentions of past abuse

8. Learning to Crawl by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (7191 words) Printer

The controversy regarding the potioneer who invented the de-aging potion comes to light; and Harry helps Sev relearn an essential life skill.

9. From Black to White in Shades of Grey by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (7771 words) Printer

Harry, Sev, and Ginny take a trip into the dungeons to pack up Snape's old quarters, Sev is reintroduced to Dark Magic from an entirely new perspective, Sev and Ginny bond in a way that only they can, and Harry helps Sev through an essential part of the healing process.

10. A Fortunate Accident by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (6801 words) Printer

Sev's behavior is put in perspective as the trio have lunch with the faculty; and Sev enjoys an impromptu little show as Harry repairs the fourth floor corridor.

11. I Promise by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (3020 words) Printer

Sev learns the difference between domestic abuse and domestic squabble as they do up Remus' quarters; and the joke's on Harry at dinner when Sev decides to exercise some independence.

12. Close Encounters by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (9654 words) Printer

As Harry, Ginny, and Sev help the Lupins move in to the quarters next door, Sirius, Ron, and Hermione show up unexpectedly, prompting the trio to think on their feet.

13. Godric's Hollow by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (8094 words) Printer

Harry introduces Severus and Ginny to his house, property, and town; and the trio have a whale of a time exploring Godric's Hollow and fixing The Den.

14. Pouncing by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3803 words) Printer

The trio have a fun day at the park after the Sunday Services BBQ; Harry plays a bit of football; and the cub learns the art of pouncing.

15. If You Love Me, Let Me Go by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (6956 words) Printer

Harry and Sev visit James and Lily in the town graveyard, and Sev learns the meaning of unselfish love.

WARNING: Two swats

16. Life Has a Sense of Humor by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (9063 words) Printer

Harry, Ginny, and Sev decide to spend the day shopping in London; Sirius, Ron, Hermione, Remus, Tonks, and Teddy decide to spend the day sightseeing (and shopping) in London. It's a day of brushes and collisions when both groups end up shopping on Oxford Street.

17. Confrontations by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (7767 words) Printer

Sirius and Ron try to figure out just what the heck is going on; Harry and Ginny have their hands full trying to calm Severus; and Remus, Tonks, and Hermione are left with the daunting task of forcing everyone to not make a scene at the restaurant. So...what happens when, after all that, Sirius and Severus are stuck in the same car?

WARNING: One swat

18. Clarity by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (4445 words) Printer

It's two steps forward one step back as Sirius and Ron struggle to come to terms with the situation; and Harry and Remus commiserate about the woes of fatherhood.

19. Ghosts by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (7056 words) Printer

The gang spends the weekend at Godric's Hollow, where Sirius wrestles with old memories and makes a stunning pledge regarding Severus.

20. Padfoot and the Pup's Cub by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5166 words) Printer

Sirius and Severus reach a truce...sort of; and Remus worries about his best friend.

21. Just Like Harry by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (4842 words) Printer

Aberforth pays a visit to Harry during a faculty lunch to discuss plans for his house; and Severus does something that leaves even Harry speechless.

22. Monsters by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (8590 words) Printer

A visit to Madame Pomfrey's brings out one of the skeletons in Harry's closet, and amid arguments and the usual dramedy of his life, Sev learns the meaning of true strength.

23. Pitch Black and Pearly White by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (8666 words) Printer

Severus shows signs of having some jealousy issues; Harry tries to distract him; Sev sees the Room of Requirement for the first time; Harry begins instructing him in the art of wandless, wordless magic; and...baby reaches an important milestone.

24. The Spoils of Temptation by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (9242 words) Printer

The Weasleys, the Lupins, the Hermione, and the Black are all coming over for the night and Severus has half a mind to prank someone, but his excitement may just be overshadowed by a much darker emotion when a foray into temptation brings out some perplexing results.

25. Happy Birthday, Harry! by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (8409 words) Printer

It's Harry's birthday and the boys take him out to distract him for the day! Severus has his first real taste of Quidditch, and Harry asks a favor from the Minister of Magic himself.

26. Family Sick Day by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (7653 words) Printer

Severus is stuck in bed with the flu. Poor thing. But that's okay, since Harry and Ginny stuck themselves in bed with him! The family takes an early-August sick day to heal, laugh, and bond.

27. The Magic Words by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (8263 words) Printer

Teddy stays over at The Den for the weekend and Sev's green-eyed monster manages to rear its ugly head. After an almost-lethal bout of accidental magic, Harry finally decides to nip it in the bud.

WARNING: Three swats

28. The "Godfather" by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (8095 words) Printer

Severus has a sort-of heart-to-heart with Remus during Ginny's surprise party and begins to show signs of approaching a phenomenal milestone.

29. Behind Closed Doors by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5494 words) Printer

News gets out about Harry and Remus' teaching positions; and some strange behavior on Harry's part leads to a disturbing row between him and Ginny.

30. Jelly Legs by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (5200 words) Printer

Severus learns how to stand on his own two feet once more and an unexpected delivery from the Ministry makes Harry both nervous and excited.

31. Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (8737 words) Printer

The school year has finally come upon them! Severus frowns at a few unexpected arrangements, some interesting things happen at the Welcome Feast, and first impressions are everything on the first day of class.

32. Baby Steps by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (8323 words) Printer

Harry leaves for Auror training for the first time and Severus has to learn to cope with all the new changes the school year brings; plus, someone takes his first steps!

33. The Bigger (W)itch by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (9914 words) Printer

Word gets out that Severus Snape is missing; Harry sets out to get the Dumbledore brothers to make up; and Padfoot "teaches" the cub how to walk!

WARNING: Some smoking, drinking and cursing in one scene (By a grouchy Abe and Harry)

34. A Picture Frame Worth a Thousand Words by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (9502 words) Printer

Severus helps Harry finish an important potion; something simple leads to a breakthrough between Sirius and Severus; and Halloween has finally come--the first after Voldemort--will Harry get through unscathed?

35. The Thief in the Night by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (5952 words) Printer

Harry's battle against...something...comes to a head and he ends up at St. Mungo's, fighting for his life. What does the mysterious potion have to do with any of this? And can Severus and Sirius help him with his fight?

36. The Reason by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 14] starstarstarstarstar (7923 words) Printer

While Harry recovers in the hospital, Ginny recounts what's been going on over the past few months; and the Daily Prophet brings the circus to St. Mungo's, resulting in an unexpected but pleasant surprise.

37. Approaching Storm by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (9585 words) Printer

Back from the hospital, Harry pulls Arthur aside one Saturday to ask him something important while the others try to listen in; pandemonium erupts when Harry and Ginny return to school; and dark clouds loom on the horizon for Harry and Ginny.

38. Mobility and Mobilization by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (8265 words) Printer

When Harry learns that his medical history was taken during his stay in St. Mungo's, he begins to panic over where that may lead; Sirius and Remus step up and take charge of the situation; and Sev teaches Teddy how to walk!

WARNING: Mentions of abuse.

39. All I (Really) Want for Christmas... by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (5870 words) Printer

In this first half of the Christmas chapter, the Christmas Season has finally arrived and Sev, Harry, Ginny, and Sirius visit a tree farm to pick out the perfect Christmas tree; Harry lets Sirius in on his post-holiday plans, and a musical montage leads us to that magical night of Christmas Eve.

40. ...Is a Family by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (5474 words) Printer

In this second half of the Christmas chapter, Christmas Eve has arrived and so has the Nativity play; Severus is spurred into contemplating the meaning of family and makes a Christmas wish for the first time; plus, a surreal visit from an (un)expected visitor teaches Severus to believe in the impossible.

41. On Top of the World by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (10427 words) Printer

The New York trip has finally come and Sev, Harry, and Ginny excitedly take in the sights at the Big Apple! New Years' Eve has the family basking in the atmosphere of Times Square at the dawn of a new year while Harry presents Ginny with a special surprise! Could anything ruin this for our favorite family?

42. Here, There Be Dragons by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (11499 words) Printer

The worst has come to pass and Severus is made to stay at Malfoy Manor for an entire week! With Moody, Dobby, and Kreacher as his bodyguards, Severus bides his time in the dragon's lair, learning how to deal with the darkness and forging some unbreakable bonds along the way.

WARNING: Scenes of domestic abuse

43. Out of the Mouths of Babes and Fools by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (16253 words) Printer

In the case of Henry Potter vs. Draco Malfoy for the custody of one Severus Tobias Snape, Harry gets reintroduced to an old adversary, Draco gets confronted about his drinking habits, and the circus acts don't stop there, ladies and gentlemen! Let the courtroom battle commence!

WARNING: Mentions of abuse.

44. Familiaris by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (14037 words) Printer

In the conclusion of the courtroom battle, two star witnesses take the stand, a revelation from one of them leaves Harry speechless, and an (un)expected turn of events drives everyone into a frenzy.

45. Home by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (12002 words) Printer

It's a day of celebration, gifts, and grace in the Potter household, as this large group of family and friends celebrates the introduction of a special young man into the family, said special young man's first birthday, and a housewarming to boot!

46. Something Old, Something New by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (14459 words) Printer

School is back in session, and Severus makes his debut around the halls of Hogwarts, but things don't quite turn out the way he expected. Also, the infant becomes unsettled when Sirius begins upsetting old routines, and someone new enters the picture.

WARNING: Some smoking, drinking, cursing, and gambling (during the boys' poker night).

47. Snips and Snails, and Puppy Dog Tails by Winger-Hawk [Reviews - 25] starstarstarstarstar (12878 words) Printer

"What are little boys made of? Snips and snails, and puppy dog tails. That's what little boys are made of." --Nursery Rhyme

At almost fifteen months of age, Sev is mobile, curious, and adventurous. While his parents and aunts and uncles are preoccupied with trivial things, like NEWTs or moving in, Sev has his mind on more important matters, like summoning cakes from across the room or making candy beans dance atop other people's noggins. Yes...Sev the toddler is making an early debut!

To be continued...
Winger-Hawk is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 119 members. Members who liked Serendipity also liked 1476 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5