Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 38] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Harry Potter was reckless. He was reckless and irresponsible and infuriating and impossible and Severus was terrified because he’d just heard a scream.

Inspired in no small part by Running Away by Bil.

Takes Place: 3rd summer Chapters: 1
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Healer Snape, Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 1862
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 7627
Rated: K
Warnings: None
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 14 Oct 2009 - Updated: 14 Oct 2009
Awards:
Story Notes:

This was written when a plot bunny assaulted me halfway through Running Away by Bil (he assaulted me!  You all saw it! ^-^).  I couldn’t help thinking up my own extended version of the following:

 

As Harry learned that he wouldn’t be punished for the slightest infraction he began testing the world around him, and the boy had absolutely no care for his own skin – Severus blamed the Dursleys for that and seriously considered the possibility of long-distance curses – and no fear except of people. Normal things, like heights and pain and broken limbs, didn’t scare him in the least. After every hair-raising stunt Severus wished there was some way of making him scared. The blasted boy had somehow become important to him and he wasn’t prepared to lose him. Not to Voldemort, not to Albus, not to his own stupidity.

He’d told Harry the truth, even if he hadn’t known how truthful it was at the time. Harry was his.

 

And this was what my starving mind came up with (I wrote it today before lunch... I’m surprised there are no food references to be honest ^-^).  Hopefully this can be read alone but I don’t advise it – Running Away is gorgeous and offers a brilliant back story to this at the very least (at most it can offer a wonderful read that must be enjoyed with hot chocolate and complete attention to get that cuddly feeling ^^)  I’ve read it a few times now – never gets boring to read, too cute ^^ – and this just wouldn’t leave my head.

 

Hope you like it... given my lack of fluff lately (reading or writing it) I can hardly be blamed for this, hope I do the idea justice ^-^

 

Have fun x

 

Table of Contents

1. Impossible by sproutchild [Reviews - 38] starstarstarstarstar (1862 words) Printer

The End.
sproutchild is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 37 members. Members who liked Impossible also liked 1447 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5