Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 141] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Harry comes back for his seventh and final year at Hogwarts a changed teenager… moody, disrespectful, and on edge, his friends don’t know what to do for him or what has happened to change him so much. Finally one man decides that enough is enough and somebody has to put their foot down to get Harry back under control… if not for Harry’s own well being, then for the sanity of one irritated Potion’s Master. Will Severus Snape be able to figure out what’s gotten under Harry’s skin, or will Harry push Snape over the edge before he gets that far? This story is part of the series, New Life. The next story in the series is Holding On.

Awards:
Story Notes:
Some of the chapters are short and sweet in this story, but they are thus for a reason.  This is angsty and intense from beginning to end, but ends happily.
Table of Contents

1. James Harry, not Harry James by JAWorley [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2521 words) Printer

I fully realize that Harry does not seem himself in this chapter, but you will find out what's eating at him soon enough, and his behavior will not continue thusly throughout the entire story.

2. Another Glorious Day by JAWorley [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1322 words) Printer

This is a relatively short chapter, but it is essential to getting a deeper look into Harry's mind on a few issues.

3. The Secret That Petunia Kept by JAWorley [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarstar (2992 words) Printer

We finally get to learn what has got Harry so sick and why he is acting like he is.

4. Meltdown by JAWorley [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (1660 words) Printer

The next to chapters are so ripe with angst it nearly killed me to write them, so I tried to inject a tiny bit of humor in there to get it going.

5. The Secret That Harry Couldn't Bare by JAWorley [Reviews - 29] starstarstarstarstar (2408 words) Printer

Angsty, dramatic moments lie ahead.

6. A Proper Introduction by JAWorley [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3301 words) Printer

Had this written... just had to get it posted.

7. Veritas by JAWorley [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (2985 words) Printer

A/N: In this story Harry has not had occlumency lessons with anybody, and while he suspects that there may be a connection between himself and Voldemort, he has concealed it well up to this point. For the sake of the story, things still played out the same at the Department of Mysteries and Sirius is still dead, but Occlumency lessons never occurred previously.

8. Rifts by JAWorley [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (4325 words) Printer

A little bit of everything in the following (long) chapter: Anger, angst, confusion, turkey, humor, revelations, and romanceā€¦ yes, romance right at the end. And did I mention turkey?

NOTE: Don't get mad about the holiday they don't normally celebrate... it is explained in the next chapter.

9. On Holiday by JAWorley [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4884 words) Printer

We see Snape's house in this chapter. Here is a map I made myself of what it looks like in this story:

10. Christmas by JAWorley [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarhalf-star (4236 words) Printer

Another long chapter for you :)

11. A Failure of the Heart by JAWorley [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (2437 words) Printer

Harry and Ginny, and we learn the feelings and uncertainty that Harry and Severus are struggling with.

12. Hot Headed Harry by JAWorley [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (2554 words) Printer

Their first true father and son fight, and a very courageous Ron.

13. Love and Patience by JAWorley [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (2901 words) Printer

This one may be a bit out of character, and a little strange, but bare with me... it sets the stage for things to come.

NOTE: This chapter has some intimate scenes.

14. Best Friends and Broken Noses by JAWorley [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarstar (2344 words) Printer

I hope I don't lose anybody with this chapter (there is some VERY unexpected news here). But not to worry, this will not turn into a story that strays far from Harry and Severus. There are only a few chapters left in this story, and then it leads right into the sequel.

15. A Father's Pride by JAWorley [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1659 words) Printer

Intense moments with the Weasley's. (A short chapter).

16. Subterfuge by JAWorley [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (5160 words) Printer

Sorry for the long wait. This chapter was done and for some reason I just hadn't gotten it posted. This is a nice long chapter for you with plenty of action.

17. A Wash of Warmth by JAWorley [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarstar (2480 words) Printer

Warning: Mushy chapter ahead. Sorry if it feels rushed.

The End.
JAWorley is the author of 61 other stories. This story is part of the series, New Life. The next story in the series is Holding On.
This story is a favorite of 96 members. Members who liked Letting Go also liked 1800 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5