Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 87] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: After the war, Harry Potter is given the option of being reincarnated. He takes it, asking Snape to be his new father. This is the story of Evan Snape.

Not Deathly Hollows Compliant. Songfic.

Takes Place: 8 - Post Hogwarts (young adult Harry) Chapters: 9
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape, Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape Genres: Family, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Baby fic, Child fic, Deaging, Resorting Word count: 13540
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required) Read: 54792
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 19 Dec 2009 - Updated: 08 Dec 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

This is a songfic. Sort of.  Each chapter has a song to go along with it.  I just kind of wanted to see if I could do it, for fun.  Hopefuly it won't upset anyone.  In any case, see if you can guess what the song is/who it's by.  On the following chapter I'll give the artist credit, I swear :)

There's also an overarching song-Lean On Me by Bill Withers- where I got my chapter titles from. I got the idea from River of Dreams by nottajjas.  I can't claim it as my own.

Hopefully everyone likes this.  I tried to make the song lyric thing realistic and kind of built in.  A fun thing. 

Table of Contents

1. Sometimes in Our Lives We All Have Pain by writeurlife [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2345 words) Printer

Reviews definitely welcome. Love it? Hate it? Enjoy the color pink? Let me know =P

2. We All Have Sorrow by writeurlife [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (1448 words) Printer

The song that the last chapter was based on was Change Your Mind by the All American Rejects. Any guesses on what song this chapter is based on? (It's a bit harder, the lyrics aren't as blatant.)

Also, special thanks to VLukas for telling me that the name of the story I got the idea to do the chapter names from was River of Dreams by nottajjas.

3. But if we are Wise by writeurlife [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1298 words) Printer

Last chapter was based off of Say Anything by Good Charlotte

4. We Know that There's Always Tomorrow by writeurlife [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarstar (1050 words) Printer

Last chapter's song was S.O.S. by Good Charlotte. Reviews welcome.

5. Lean On Me by writeurlife [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1474 words) Printer

So I'm thinking that no one read the last chapter. Maybe you guys didn't see it because so many people reviewed after me? In any case, last chapter was based on the song "Belated" by a New Found Glory.

And I expect a couple of guesses for this next chapter, because it's easy! I used lots and lots of lines from the song to make up the chapter, they should ring out to you guys.

Hint: It's not based on "Lean on Me". I've gotten that as a couple of chapter guesses, but that's not right. That's what the chapter names are based on, but the chapters themselves have lyrics from different songs in them.

6. When You're Not Strong by writeurlife [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (1918 words) Printer

Congrats to Lyra for guessing the last song correctly- Better Days by Goo Goo Dolls. Awesome song.

Kind of a sad chapter. I was made sad by writing it, anyway. Maybe it won't be as sad to y'all. Who knows?

7. And I'll Be Your Friend by writeurlife [Reviews - 13] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1008 words) Printer

I know, it's a short chapter, which seems like a poor way to repay your patience. My holidays have been busy so I haven't had much chance to write, nd today i'm really sick... So this is what you get. Hope it's okay.

Last chapter's song was Someday by Rob Thomas.

Someone should do some fan art for this story. (If you're up to the challenge, remember that Evan has red hair black eyes, and a scar across his left eye)

8. I'll Help You Carry On by writeurlife [Reviews - 10] starstarstarstarstar (1224 words) Printer

Last chapter:There's a Good Reason by Panic! At the Disco

Also: Someone Amazing (Chucho-Luna on Devianart) drew a fanart for this chapter. I am very excited!!!

Photobucket

9. Chapter 9 by writeurlife [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (1775 words) Printer

Last chapter was based off of "Cancer" by My Chemical Romance. Props to Never Ender for getting it right.

To be continued...
writeurlife is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 92 members. Members who liked Evan also liked 1481 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5