Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 76] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: During their third year, Harry and Draco take their rivalry too far while in the Room of Requirement. As a result, a magical accident transports them to a make-believe world where they had grown up from toddlers and their caring father is...Severus Snape.
Desperate to get back to their own world, the boys try to get along and play the part, but to Snape nothing has changed. And what happens when they return to their rightful time and place?
Their illusionary adventure will have them realize the man that is capable of being family and cause them to form the friendship they hadn't thought possible to obtain.
Playing pretend is the one that starts it all: it's part 1 of 4 in the “Shifted Reality” series that will eventually have two boys and one man learning to be a family.

Takes Place: 4th summer Chapters: 10
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Family, Fantasy, General, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe, Sibling Addition Word count: 24442
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Other Read: 36460
Rated: K
Warnings: Neglect
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 21 Feb 2010 - Updated: 18 Nov 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

Fanfiction banner

I've wanted to write something for this for a while but couldn't figure out how it could work. Once I had that worked out, it took my a surprisingly short time to compose plans for this entire almost 65-chapter-in-total series. This first part is about the none-real section of their adventure, but it is crucial because it will have both boys realize what they could have. The Snape in their real time will be in for a shock when they figure out how to return hehe.

Table of Contents

1. Shifting Focus by watercrystals [Reviews - 17] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2194 words) Printer

I'm not entirely sure that the first chapter came out how I wanted it to be, but got the hang of things with more satisfaction by chapter two. Please let me know what you think!
Oh and because there was no way this would work without it...let's just say they know about the Room of Requirement, okay? I don't know how or why they know the more exact details of the room yet, but just go with the flow of it for now.

2. Snape But...Different by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2238 words) Printer

Thanks to my reviewers! Have also fixed up the mild errors in the previous chapter.

3. Hatred Runs Deep by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2989 words) Printer

I am updating all my fics and typed chapter five in time to update only to realize we're up to three on here. Haha, oh well can update soon than. Enjoy!

4. False Peace by watercrystals [Reviews - 12] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2007 words) Printer

5. Thirteen by watercrystals [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2138 words) Printer

Life has been crazy! Here is the next chapter. Thanks to my wonderful beta Forgottenellipses. :)

6. The Snitch Wars by watercrystals [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (2838 words) Printer

Thanks again to my wonderful beta ForgottenEllipses!

7. Only Half by watercrystals [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2099 words) Printer

Finally got this back from my wonderful beta ForgottenElipses, RL got in the way. Enjoy!

8. A Slice of Honesty by watercrystals [Reviews - 8] starstarstarstarstar (2679 words) Printer

Thanks as always to my wonderful beta ForgottenEllipses!

9. When It Rains by watercrystals [Reviews - 0] (3214 words) Printer

Sorry for the long delay! Am back on track now, so enjoy!

10. Touch a Snowflake by watercrystals [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2046 words) Printer

Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than I had intended, but the next one is loads longer and I had to split some of it to form this chapter otherwise it would be too much at once.
Enjoy!
And thanks to my wonderful beta, as always..ForgottenEllipses

To be continued...
watercrystals is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 73 members. Members who liked Playing Pretend also liked 1366 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5