Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 0]
Summary: Forlorn Folklore: Ron wants to become a Death Eater… Why? He's quite eager to tell you, and he's not holding back his dislike of Harry, Horris or Severus. This is to be read during ch17 or after Forlorn Hope . If you haven't read that, it can still be read , but some references might not be too clear. This story is part of the series, Forlorn Saga. The previous story in the series is The Ammodytus. The next story in the series is Forlorn Dream.

Takes Place: None Chapters: 1
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Misc Genres: Angst, Drama
Tags: None Word count: 2422
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Ron Read: 1411
Rated: T
Warnings: Profanity
Series: Forlorn Saga
Challenges: None
Published: 14 Oct 2010 - Updated: 14 Oct 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

Okay,

For those that do not know me and have not read my Forlorn Hope fic, the following note might sound rather stupid… I recommend you read FH before this one since this mainly serves to explain the choices taken in FH… At the beginning of the story, there will be a short prologue/recap/intro thing for you though.

If you have read my other works, the first part you have probably figured out already and the latter part of this memo is written especially for you, so READ IT. Thank you.

First of all, I find that my stories turn out very dark. Really, really dark. I don't try to make them that way, honest… they just sort of come out looking like that. That's largely due to my overactive imagination, mixed with an innate (and often bothersome) ability to spur emotions and a persistent half-depressed state. At least, I think that's the reason. Anyway… don't expect happy-go-lucky stuff here. I did that in my very first attempt at HP fan fiction… I had to do so many twists to darken it I ended up deleting it from the face of the earth. Such is life.

For all those that have read my Forlorn Hope and Final Farewell fics, I would like to announce that I do not have any death wish for Ron. I do not hate him, contrary to popular belief, and I swear I am fully capable of writing a good fic about him (little bad happens, he lives, he's good, etc.). This, however, will not be it. This is basically an explanation fic for why he turned written from his POV. In all honesty I like Ron, but I really see him as the Dramatic foil for Harry Potter in the real books so I sort of expanded on the idea for my fic. Think about it… Ron is poor, Harry's rich. Ron's got a large family, Harry's all alone in the world (not counting Dursleys… who would). One's raised by wizards, the other by muggles, one's outgoing, the other is shy. One seeks attention and fame, the other seeks the sense of belonging and love. One's more superficial while the other isn't to an extreme. Ron blows up in anger, Harry implodes. Ron breaks under pressure (Think of the book 5 Quidditch thing, the book 2 spider encounter, etc.) while Harry exceeds in stressful situations (His first Quidditch game, all his adventures, the tournament tasks…).

If you know what a dramatic foil is, it is someone who is meant to draw out the other character's flaws and attributes by having the opposing faults and attributes. They do not have to be on opposing sides (evil/good) or even seem very different on the surface. I took this difference and amplified it.

I hope that this makes sense… at least I hope it will.

Table of Contents

1. Gilded Serpent; Lion Thus by elssha [Reviews - 0] (2422 words) Printer

The End.
elssha is the author of 4 other stories. This story is part of the series, Forlorn Saga. The previous story in the series is The Ammodytus. The next story in the series is Forlorn Dream.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Gilded Serpent; Lion Thus also liked 140 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5