Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: Voldemort needs a spy but placing his youngest, most talented lieutenant in Dumbledore's pocket without endebting said lieutenant to his Lord's service would be foolish. What gift could Voldemort bestow upon Severus Snape to ensure his absolute loyalty? The Potters, perhaps?

The essence of Halloween (or Samhain) can be condensed into a moment; amid the warm cracking of a log fire, with the fading taste of chocolate upon your lips, you sit in suspense, listening to a ghost story. You shudder as the tale reaches its climax, gasp in safe fear, then relax into your chair. Whilst fluffy Halloween ficlets are enjoyable, one needs a pinch of darkness, a dash of horror, to add piquancy.

This is the tale of four Halloweens, the first three of which are told from Voldemorts P.O.V. Need I say more?

Takes Place: 0 - Pre Hogwarts (before Harry is 11) Chapters: 4
Snape flavour: None Completed: Yes
Categories: Parental Snape > Biological Father Snape, Fic Fests > #12 Halloween 2010 Genres: Drama, Horror
Tags: Alternate Universe, Child fic Word count: 8447
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), James, Lily, Voldemort Read: 11383
Rated: K+
Warnings: Character Death
Series: None
Challenges: Halloween
Published: 31 Oct 2010 - Updated: 31 Oct 2010
Awards:
Story Notes:

That night, at Godric's Hollow, Voldemort lost two pieces of his soul; one was killed by the backfiring curse and the other transferred to Harry. J.K.R has informed us that, as Voldemort lost pieces of his soul, he was rendered less and less human. Therefore, the Voldemort in this story is more controlled and manipulative and less obviously criminally insane than the canon Voldemort. In writing his character, I was inspired by two poems by Robert Browning; 'Pophyria's Lover' and 'My Last Duchess', the narrators of which seem intelligent, charming and well read- right up to the point where one tells you that he strangled his lover with her own hair and the other reveals he killed his wife for smiling too much!

Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended

Table of Contents

1. 1979 by Morgana [Reviews - 0] (2089 words) Printer

2. 1980 by Morgana [Reviews - 0] (1328 words) Printer

3. 1981 by Morgana [Reviews - 0] (4352 words) Printer

Warning: mild James bashing.

4. 1982 by Morgana [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (678 words) Printer

The End.
Morgana is the author of 23 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked This is Halloween also liked 227 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5