Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 37] starstarstarstarhalf-star
Summary: Severus mentors Harry fic. Upon arriving to London from Hogwarts for the summer break, Harry gets in trouble and finds more information about a certain Potions Master than he had expected to ever find out.

Takes Place: 5th summer Chapters: 2
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Parental Snape > Guardian Snape Genres: Angst, Drama
Tags: Adoption, Alternate Universe Word count: 12409
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Dumbledore, McGonagall, Original Character Read: 7673
Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 15 Jun 2003 - Updated: 02 Nov 2003
Awards:
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing except my computer and my car. So, no, Harry Potter and Co. are not mine.

Author’s note: Well this is my first attempt at a Harry Potter fanfiction. I just recently read books one through four, hopefully I can get my hands on five soon, and just loved it. I have other fics, but they are in the anime area under another name, alandrem.

While browsing for stories to read, I came by accident to all those fics based on the Severitus Challenge, and I just fell in love with the idea of Severus and Harry getting along. So I decided to write my own. This is just an experiment and I’ll like to know what you think.

This story is not in response to the challenge though, it’s more of a Severus mentors Harry story and I want to make it clear from the start. SORRY SLASH LOVERS this is not a slash fic and never will be. It just isn’t my cup of tea, I don’t mind homosexual relations or have anything against them, I just don’t think I could write it. Although there are some good slash stories around

On the rating, I’ll try to keep it PG-13 but I have some ideas that might raise the rating to R, I haven’t decided if I’ll use them. The basic story draft on my notebook extends to 85 pages, by the time it reaches the computer, and gets processed it’ll probably end being much longer. I can’t promise frequent updates unfortunately.

I have an on going story elsewhere, which is doing really good. It’s 26 chapters long and still going the name is ‘Present Time’. On one of the main anime archives, MediaMiner.org, it’s on the most visited list for the whole site at number 11. So, as you might see, I have to work on that one too. Still I’ll do my best to keep the chapters going and out as soon as possible.

Feedback helps a lot; I take constructive criticism, as English is my second language. If some sentences construction sounds funny or is incorrect I would really appreciate it if someone pointed it out and what the problem seems to be, that way I can correct it and try to avoid making the same mistake again.

I have proof read this but some errors might have gone through, also I don’t have a beta-reader yet.

Warnings:

THIS IS AN AU STORY (AU=Alternate Universe), even though I try to follow the original novels as close as I can.

Not a native English speaker writing.

Characters might be Out Of Character (OOC)

There might be spoilers for all four books.

Table of Contents

1. Chapter 01 by animealam [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (2956 words) Printer

2. Chapter 02 by animealam [Reviews - 33] starstarstarstarhalf-star (9453 words) Printer

This chapter is not beta‘ed’ yet, so it probably has a few errors. I wanted to get it out as fast as possible. It is also extra long to make up for the delay. 22 letter sized pages.

Author’s note: I can only say that I’m overwhelmed by the response I got through the reviews 49 just for one chapter! I’ll be hard pressed to make the story interesting, but I’ll do my best and hope that you like it, a great part of this is already planned and on a notebook. I actually thought that someone might have already come up with something similar, so I’m really happy you guys think the story’s beginning was original.

I’ll try to keep it as original as possible, but if I can’t (with so many stories around believe me it’s hard) I’ll still do my best to keep it interesting.

I said that Severitus Challenge inspired me to write Unexpected Child, but this is not a response to the challenge. Again, I repeat this won’t be SLASH.

I also have to apologize for taking so long in getting the chapter out, I really ran into a serious writer’s block with this story and it was driving me nuts that I had about 95% done and yet I could not finish it. I’m still not 100% satisfied with the chapter, since I think some of the reactions, Harry's, are a bit off. I decided to leave them as is and just warn you that he is going to be OOC and that there still won’t be an appearance by Severus in this chapter.

I finally read book five, and I’ve decided to use some of the things from the book but not all and this will still be more of an AU than canon. I’ll put a warning on the chapters where I make reference to the book.

The story is probably going to be somewhere between 10 to 15 chapters long, and I tend to make my chapters progressively longer.

To be continued...
animealam is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 28 members. Members who liked Unexpected Child also liked 1220 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5