Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is dedicated to SilverWolf7, author of the story "Changing" in which I am currently reading.
Untitled

It took all of Harry's willpower to stop himself from leaping forward and throwing himself onto Severus. Instead, he commanded in a loud voice, "Everyone, except for Ron and Hermione, OUT!!! Up to your dormitories! Get out of here! NOW!"

For a second, no one moved. They all stared at Harry, then Severus, a look of shock on their faces. Harry was getting impatient; he desperately wanted to go to the Potions Master, but he couldn't drop the Snape-hates- Potter disguise that they had tried so hard to make.

"Out. Now." His voice was a deadly whisper. The Gryffindors immediately scrambled up and ran out of the room. When everyone except Ron and Hermione were gone, Harry waved his hand. The door locked with a click. Harry then mumbled, "Silenco Incanto!" A small shield formed around the dungeon so that no one would be able to hear what was going on inside.

"SEVERUS!" Harry cried and there was a loud crack, like the sound of a window breaking. One second, he was at the front of the classroom, and the next, he was kneeling next to the Potions Master. Hermione let out a startled gasp. Where had Harry learned to Apparate?

"Hmmm?" There was a mumbled response from the Potions professor.

"Severus, what happened?"

"V-Voldemort. Meeting." There was no need to say more. Harry began a quick scan of his teacher. This did NOT look good.

"Do you want me to get Madam Pomfrey?" Harry suggested.

There was a violent reaction. Severus gave a start at the name and screamed, "NO! Not her... not her..."

"Severus, Severus," Harry kept on murmuring, trying to calm the distraught man. "It's okay, you're safe now..."

Ron and Hermione exchanged puzzled glances. What on earth was going on here?

"Um... Harry?" Ron asked tentively. He was more concerned about his friend's behavior than the Potions Master.

Harry did not seem to hear him. "Severus," the boy said gently. "There's a few curses, I'll dispell them, okay? Just relax." He made his voice as soothing as possible.

The Gryffindor turned to his friends. "Hermione, do you know the Finitem Incantation??" he asked.

"Um.. no.." came the rather embarassed reply. "Sorry..."

"That's okay," Harry answered, his voice softening. "I'll just have to do it myself. It just... drains me up." Turning to Severus, he raised his wand and bellowed, "FINITE INCANTEM!!!"

A golden jet of light erupted from the wand shooting into Severus' body. Ron gasped; he could see /through/ Snape's body, he could actually /see/ the spell working. The Dispelling Charm shot through the Potions Master's body, sucking up dark, black mists.

Harry flicked his wand and the charm disappeared. Severus visibly relaxed; he had not realized how tense his professor had been.

After doing the charm a couple more times, Harry stopped, panting. His face was extraordinarily pale.

"Harry? Are you okay?" Hermione reached out and steadied her shaking friend.

"I'm fine," gasped Harry. "I just feel... so cold all of a sudden." The boy tried to stand, but his feet collapsed under him. Regaining his balance, he turned and smiled fondly at Severus. "At least he's looking better."

This was true. The Potions Master was no olonger shaking, and the colour had returned to normal on his face. Harry smiled and reaching out, brushed back a lock of black hair.

"Ron?" Harry asked. "Could you go up to our dormitory and get something? Open my trunk and you'll see a small, black box. Bring the box to me, please?"

"Uh...sure," the redhead replied, uncertan of what was going on. He walked to the door and hesitated. "Uh... Harry? It's locked."

Harry gave a distracted wave and the door clicked open. Ron disappeared through it. Hermione was once again stunned. Since when had Harry known how to do wandless magic? This was a rare gift that few wizards had.

A few minutes later, Ron came back, holding the box Harry had asked for. The Gryffindor gave the redhead a smile and opening the box, began pulling out liqiuds.

Hermione could tell immediately that they were various sorts of Potions. She recognized a few of them; most of them, she had no idea what it was. Harry pulled out a purple one and a green one. In one swift motion, he poured them together. The mixture turned blue.

Harry whispered, "Incanto Mixando!" The potion began to swirl and mix itself. Harry stopped the mixing after a few minutes, satisfied. Ron and Hermione just sat watching in fascination.

The Gryffindor took the Potion and drank half of it. The rest, he poured into the unconscious form of the Potions Master. Then, reaching out, he placed his hand on Severus' arm.

Hermione gasped in surprise as a golden beam traveled from Harry's body into the Potions Master's. The beam gave off heat and a feeling of... intense happiness. Harry held the beam for a few minutes. The Potions Master slowly began to revive.

Suddenly, Harry slumped forward, unconscious. Hermione immediately panicked. "Harry, Harry!" She screamed while Ron just stood, frozen with shock.

Just then, the Potions Master seemed to gain consciousness. The professor took one look at the situation and immediately ordered, "Mr. Weasley, get the Headmaster, NOW!"

Ron raced out of the door as Severus tried desperately to revive the Gryffindor boy. "Harry, Harry," he whispered, as he cradled the teenager in his arms. The boy was obviously exhausted.

Harry, unlike Severus, felt icy cold to the touch. This unnerved the Potions Master; the boy felt almost... inhumanly cold. What if... He shook his head. No, he would NOT think like this. It would not help to panick. He took a deep breath, trying to calm the hailstorm of emotions inside him. It was strange, he thought, how one didn't realize how much they loved another until the other one was in danger.

Severus turned around to find something to wrap Harry in, only to find a stunned Granger, still on the floor, gaping at him. He might have even found this amusing if there wasn't such tension in the air.

"Ms. Granger," Severus said, trying, and failing, to keep his voice emotionless. "I'm not sure of what has happened to Harry. Perhaps you could tell me what was going on?"

Hermione bgan to speak. "He did the Finite Incantation about five times. When he was done, he seemed really weak and tired. He couldn't even stand up without help. After that," the girl stopped briefly, catching her breath, before continuing. "He told Ron to go up to his dormitory and get a black box. From the box, he took out two potions, oen purple, one green, He mixed them together adn it turned blue. Then, he said a spell, and drank half of the potion. The other half, he gave to you. I thought he was drinking some sort of healing potion or something."

"Please continue," Severus urged the almost hysterical witch.

"I-I--He put his hands on your arm and a gold beam of light went into you. He managed to last the beam for a few minutes; then, he just kind of... slumped forward. I was trying to wake him when you revived." Hermione took a deep breath, and when she spoke, there was a deep tone of regret in her voice. "I-I-I'm sorry I was unable to stop him, Professor, I'm sorry."

This last phrase was so soft, Severus almost missed it. Granger was sorry? Why should /she/ be sorry? She had done nothing wrong. As the Potions Master looked at the young witch, he saw a sudden flash of emotion he could not identify in those brown eyes.

The classroom door banged open and Dumbledore flew in, followed by Ron and Madam Pomfrey. When the Headmaster saw Harry, he asked urgently, "What's going on?"

Severus quickly explained. "Harry's lost energy from doing the Finite Incantation over five times. He was... dispelling the curses I got from the... meeting. Then, Harry transformed some energy into me. After that, according to Ms. Granger, he went unconscious."

"How did he transform the energy?"

"He used the Energy-Transforming Potion we brewed yesterday."

Hermione gave a startled gasp. "The Energy-Transforming Potion? Isn't that past N.E.W.T. level? And weren't you doing the Trustianda Potions yesterday?"

Severus and Dumbledore exchanged glances. "I told him not to tell anyone," the Poions Master explained.

"Which is wise, considering the situation," the Headmaster reassured the distraught man. "But I suppose they have a right to know at the moment." He turned to Ron and Hermione. "Mr. Weasley and Ms. Granger," he said, "I think Harry has something he would like to tell you when he wakes up."

Ron and Hermione both nodded as Madam Pomfrey began to pull bottles out of her medical bag. "He'll have to stay the night in the Hospital Wing," she said as she gave Harry an Energy Potion. "He'll be up and about in a few days though."

Severus nodded and muttering a spell, levitated Harry to the Hospital Wing.

"Now, Severus," Albus said. "I think you better stay in the Wing tonight too. Poppy can check you over."

"All right," Severus agreed. He would keep Harry company. He realized guiltily that it was his fault Harry was sick anyways. The boy had been trying to help him.

When the others were gone, he crawled into bed beside Harry. He felt the Gryffindor snuggled against him as he gave a contented sigh and fell asleep.

Chapter End Notes:
No news other than: THANK YOU TO ALL READERS AND REVIEWERS!!!