Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Ready to Leave

Harry was taking Charms class when Dumbledore came into the classroom and requested that Harry go with him.

"What is it, Professor?" he asked when he found Severus also in the office. Something big was going on.

"Voldemort has plans to go back in time in the next couple of days. You need to be there before him in order to prepare. Are you sure you still want to go?"

Harry nodded, his eyes shining wityh determination. "Very well," Dumbledore said. "Are you willing to remove the Altering charm now?"

Harry took a deep breath; he had been thinking about this for a long time. "Yes," he said. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Severus raised his wand and muttered, "Excanto Alteratus!" he cried.

Harry felt for a second as if his very viens were on fire; he bagan to change. He felt himself growing taller. He wanted to watch the process, but it was too painful. He sqeezed his eyes shut in agony, determined not to scream.

The changes stopped as soon as they started. He opened his eyes and found Dumbledore looking amused and a stunned Severus gaping at him.

He realized that he no longer needed glasses. He didn't mind at all, he doubt he would miss them.

Harry walked over to Dumbledore's mirror to examine himself. He was several inches taller. He was deffiantely taller than Ron and almost as tall as Severus. His hair was straight, and dark as the darkest shade of midnight. His skin was slightly paler, and his fingers were longer. He looked strikingly like the Potions Master. The only things that remained the same were those blazing emerald orbs and flashing red scar.

Harry wasn't sure how he felt about these hcanges. It was hard to get used to the fact that he was no longer a younger replica of James Potter.

"Well, Harry, your name will be Harry Darkice and you will be posing as Severus' son," Dumbledore said. "You will be an exchange student from North America."

Harry nodded in comprehension. "Do we leave now?"

"Yes, but before you go," Dumbledore handed Harry and Severus each a thin, sliver chain. Hanging from the chain was a small mirror. On the back of Harry's mirror, the letter 'H' was entwined with a lion. "These are similar to two-way mirrors," Dumbledore explained. "Instead of two of them though, there are seven of them. These two, I give to you two. I will keep one for myself, and the rest will go to those whom I see fit. Just say our names into it, Harry, and you will be able to talk to us. One last thing," at this, the headmaster handed Harry a piece of parchment. "This is a letter to my younger self." Dumbledore handed Severus a time turner. "Be safe, and Good luck."

Severus took the time turner and turned it several times. The world began spinning around them, and with a swirl, they were gone.

Chapter End Notes:
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY READERS AND REVIEWERS!!