Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

The Death Eaters' Attack

Two weeks passed; Harry now treated James and Sirius with formal politeness. Remus, Lily, and Hermione often tried to force conversations while Draco and Ron stood firmly by Harry's side. The only times when Harry felt pleasure was when he was learning, talking with !Severus! and !Remus!, or conversing with his new pet, Astrielle.

It was during Potions Lessons when it happened. He was in the middle of preparing his ingrediants when his scar suddenly seared in pain. He looked up and saw that !Severus! was grabbing his left forearm.

/Voldemort. Death Eaters. Attacking Hogwarts.../

The thoughts echoed in Harry's mind. He suddenly jmped up.

"What's wrong?" Ron asked.

"DEATH EATERS!" Harry yelled. "They're attacking the school!" The Gryffindor stood up, and since his wand was in his dorm, raced out of the room empty-handed.

Everyone gaped at the information. !Severus! quickly jumped shouted, "Everyone, stay put!" Turning to the Mauraders, he said warningly, "ESPECIALLY you, James Potter and Lily Evans. No matter WHAT happens, STAY PUT!" With that, he rushed out the door.

"What was that?" James asked. "Why did he specify that me and Lily stay?"

"No idea," Sirius shrugged. "Should we follow?"

"NO!" Ron and Hermione yelled at the same time. "You heard him, STAY PUT!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Several minutes passed, and the group heard the sound of footsteps, approaching at a run. Hermione quickly raised her wand and pointed it at the door. "Colloportus!" She cried, sealing the door shut.

They heard the sound of 'Alohomora!'s being shouted outside, but thanks to Hermione's charm, the door stayed closed. There was the sound of someone throwing their weight agains the door, and finally, it banged open. A group of Death Eaters rushed in.

"THERE!" One of them cried, pointing at James and Lily. "Get them, quick, before Potter comes!"

"Uh?" James asked while one of the Death Eaters approached him. Oh damn it, he didn't have his wand...

"Petrificus---" the Death Eater was cut off when someone yelled, "STUPEFY!" Looking up, James saw that it was Harry who had saved him. He was surprised when he saw the boy's emerald eyes blazing with rage and anger. He shivered. Such fury like he had never seen before...

Harry, meanwhile, was fighting another Death Eater. "Petrificus Totalus!" He screamed as he dodged a stunning spell. Beside him, he saw Hermione kick another masked figure.

By now, all of the teachers had arrived. Professor McGonagall was keeping an eye on the defenseless students while Flitwick was performing a series of complicated charms. Unfortunately, Dumbledore had been called away on Ministry business.

Harry pointed his wand at another figure. Judging by the strand of blond hair escaping the mask, his guess was that it was Lucius Malfoy. "Expelliarmus!" he yelled, thankful that he had learned wandless magic.

Lucius' wand flew out of his hand. Harry caught it and with a quick twist, snapped it in half.

"WHAT!!~???" Lucius roared, outraged, but he could do nothing without his wand.

Suddenly, Harry heard three voices cry, "CRUCIO!" He looked up and his blood ran cold. 'No,' he whispered when he saw that the three sets of wands were trained on James. He had to do something... Closing his eyes, he focused on Apparating, ignoring the Anti-Aparation charms. He could do this... With a crack, he disappeared and appeared a second later in front of James. There was no time to cast shields; the three Cruciatus Curses hit him, one by one.

Harry fell to the ground, withering, as he saw James look at him in horror. He bit back a scream. Oh, God, the pain... He felt as if his veins were on fire, he wanted to die, please, he just wanted this awful feeling to stop.

It stopped as quickly and suddenly as it started. Harry stood up, panting. Yet he barely noticed the pain shooting up his body, for he was too busy watching a Death Eater sneaking up on !Severus!...

"SEVERUS! BEHIND YOU!!!" He yelled out.

It was too late. Just as the Potions Master turned around, the Death Eater screamed out the Cruciatus Curse.

!Severus! fell to the ground, obviously in pain. The Death Eater removed her mask and began to laugh.

Harry's blood pounded furiously in his ears as he watched Bellatrix Lestrange laugh. It was an awful sound, ringing and echoing aroung the room.

"See who is the winner now, Harry Potter," she cried, oblivious to the gasps heard around the room. "The Dark Lord shall defeat you, and he shall rule the world!"

Harry had never felt so angry in his life. Here was the person who had murdered his godfather, the person who was torturing his father. The person who helped Voldemort kil his parents, the person who was standing here, insulting him now. His rage took control of him as Harry began to glow, rising a feet off the ground. His magic aura spread around him, forming an eerie glow. Raising his hand, he let go of all the emotions he had buried inside him, letting the feelings explode from him. He remembered the pain he had felt at the time of his godfather's death, the sorrow for his parents, the self-loathing and regret he went through at Cedric's funeral... the anger at Wormtail for betraying his parents... He wanted to hurt Bellatrix, he didn't care how, as long as he did...Mustering all his strength and courage, he screamed out, "CRUCIO!"

He heard gasps from beind him as the flashing jet of white light shot through the air with lightning swiftness adn contacted with Bellatrix's shoulder.

The young women let out a blood-curdling scream, chilling the blood of everyone in the room. But Harry didn't care; he wanted to hurt the women, he wanted to let out the anger he had buried inside him.

Gathering every fiber of concentration inside him, Harry clenched his fists. Slowly, ever so slowly, the Death eaters floated off of the ground.

Lightening flashed and thunder roared outside. Everyoen stopped what they were doing and watched the glowing boy in the middle of the room.

Harry took a deep breath, he knew he shouldn't be doing this, he had to calm himself before he did something he would regret...

"What, scared Potter? I always knew you were a coward, just like your arrogant father and Mudblood mother..." Bellatrix sneered, her voice dripping with contempt.

Lucius Malfoy laughed. That was his mistake.

Harry had had enough. That was all he needed. "SHUT UP!" he roared as he focused and threw out the last of his energy.

The floating Death Eaters hurtled around the room, screaming while crashing into the cold, dungeon walls with sickening thuds.

"No, Harry , STOP!" !Remus! and !Severus! cried in horror as the bodies threw themselves against the stone walls.

Harry suddenly felt very tired, as if he would pass out. He closed his eyes for a moment, and when he opened his eyes again, he found himself floating down a path. A path of nothingness, There was nothing to worry about, all his problems were gone. Here, he was nothing. He was just there, just existing. Why or how, he did not know.

Suddenly, a saw a figure walking towards him. The figure came closer and closer and Harry could see that it was a women. A women with rich, dark red hair and lush, emerald-green eyes.

"Mother?" Harry whispered, sounding slightly uncertain.

"Harry, dear child," Lily Potter said, her eyes flashing. "Come with me."

Harry felt strangely peaceful and comforted. He grabbed onto his mother and together, they traveled down the path of nothingness, tight in each other's embrace.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

To everyone who was watching, the Death Eaters shot around the room, bouncing off walls. In the middle of the chaos stood. His arms were raised, his hands clenched in tight fists. A golden aura glowed, emitting from the boy, and he was floating an inch off the ground.

Suddenly, there was a blinding, blue flash. Everyone shut their eyes. When they opened them again, there was only empty space where the boy had been a second ago. Harry was gone.

Chapter End Notes:
And remember, PLEASE REVIEW!!!!!! Feel free to email me, I always appreciate comments.