Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 33] starstarstarstarstar
Summary: AU Gender-Bender. Silence Potter has a hard time adjusting to life at Hogwarts, her withdrawn and skittish nature proving difficult to overcome. The Potions Master is blinded by hate and refuses to see the signs of abuse in the offspring of the man who took everything away from him. Can he put away his prejudices before summer and help Potter before it’s too late?

Takes Place: 1st Year Chapters: 4
Snape flavour: None Completed: No
Categories: Teacher Snape > Trusted Mentor Snape, Teacher Snape > Professor Snape Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Hurt/Comfort
Tags: Alternate Universe Word count: 11456
Main Characters: .Snape and Harry (required), Draco, Fred George, Hermione, Ron Read: 10398
Rated: 16+
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect, Profanity
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 09 May 2011 - Updated: 13 Mar 2012
Awards:
Story Notes:
Plot: Silence Potter lives a less than satisfactory life on Private drive, and the years of neglect and physical abuse have taken its toll on her gentle personality. The letter from Hogwarts was more than she could ever dream of, a chance to get away from her relatives. But, adjusting to her new life style is harder than she ever thought it would be. Juggling timid friendships, teasing, and a Professor who loathes the very sight of her makes her wonder if she’ll even survive the year.  

The Potions Master, blinded by hate and misconceptions, refuses to see the signs of abuse in the Golden Girl and instead takes advantage of her obvious fear of him. Will he put away his prejudices before summer and help Potter heal, or will he ignore his conscious and send her back for another year?

Pairing(s): Canon. Eventual George/Silence, and hints of Draco/Silence

Rating: Teen - Subject to change. References to neglect and abuse.

Disclaimer: J.K. Rowling owns Harry Potter. I praise her ingenuity. I own my original ideas and characters.

This is a story that I've had in my head even before I started A Different Choice, and it finally demanded to be written. In fact, I first began thinking for ideas for a story like this nearly six years ago but didn't have the ability to do it justice. Now, I've done my research on the reactions of abused children, so hopefully that is reflected in this - however, if you see something unrealistic please inform me! I adore reviews for days on end and appreciate any advice on how to improve my writing.

Table of Contents

1. Of Brews and Concoctions by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 6] starstarstarstarhalf-star (3633 words) Printer

Potions Class.

She'd gotten the impression that he disliked her, that opening feast, and it was beginning to look like her instincts had been right. Suddenly, she wished she was still waiting for him to enter the classroom.

2. Of Walks and Obstructions by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 11] starstarstarstarstar (3466 words) Printer

Alright! Here it is, Chapter Two! I hope you all enjoy, I had a lot of fun with it - and I experimented with point of view and style a little bit. Also, when it's italized and centered, it's a flashback.

Silence’s mouth dropped open. “Welcome to the Gryffindor Quidditch team, Miss Potter.”

3. Of Lies and Deflections by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 9] starstarstarstarstar (2567 words) Printer

This story has taken a sharp turn toward psychological horror. I hope you all don't mind, but I love diving into the mind of people. This chapter is written only in Silence's POV, and she reveals that she's very... confused by the lies and the truth of the matter.


She couldn’t stand this, couldn’t he see the lies were killing her? She only knew the truth, she could only understand the truth.

4. Of Possibilities and Interrogations by Slythering Potter [Reviews - 7] starstarstarstarstar (1790 words) Printer

Wow, it's been a really long time, hasn't it? Hope you like the chapter! Sorry if there are any errors in it, I kinda whipped it up fast.

Pretty much the plot of the entire story is divulged here. Enjoy!

To be continued...
Slythering Potter is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 24 members. Members who liked The Solemn Silence also liked 950 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5