Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Printer The print whole story view may not work for longer stories.
[Reviews - 26] starstarstarstar
Summary: After the return of Lord Voldemort, Harry's world becomes one of danger and fear. Sent by the headmaster to watch the boy, Serveus Snape finds himself in a position where he is forced to look after Harry and learns many new things about the child.

Rated: T
Warnings: Abusive Dursleys, Neglect
Series: None
Challenges: None
Published: 30 Jun 2011 - Updated: 07 Jul 2012
Awards:
Story Notes:

This is my take on the "Harry comes under the care of Snape and they develope a new realtionship for one another" story. This story will be a mixture of both book c and movie cannon. I'll also be adding a few scenes of mu own creation and changing facts as I need to.

Table of Contents

1. Prologue, Walpurgis Night by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (1683 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, then things would be a whole lot different.

Thanks to my Beta Seshat3. This story takes place after the events of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. From there, it will be canon to a certain point in Order of the Phoenix but it will be mostly non-canon. The parts from the original story will be composed with elements from both the novel and film adaption.

2. Chapter 1 Requests Present and Past by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstar (2828 words) Printer

Thanks to my Beta Seshat3. This chapter will feature the event that will eventual cause Harry to come under Severus' care. Harry himself does not appear. It featuers Severus and Dumbledore.

3. Chapter 2 Summer Holiday by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstar (3359 words) Printer

See prolog for discliamers. There will be an account of abuse in this chapter. I’ve always seen Harry as more as a victim of mental abuse than physical at the hands of his relatives. However, I will have mentions of physical abuse in this story. This chapter focus on Harry and his realitives.

4. Chapter 3 Through the Looking Mirror by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 5] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6319 words) Printer

See prolog for disclaimer. This chapter is the pervious chapter but told from Snape’s point of view. There will be talk of neglect and will once again have the scenes of Vernon and Dudley being physical and hurtful towards Harry.The charm Umbrao is my own creation. It’s based upon the Latin for umbrella. Please see Author's End Notes for information about this the last chapter's horrid editing.

5. Chapter 4 The Mirror’s Shattered Shards by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 3] starstarstarhalf-star (4342 words) Printer

See Prolog for Disclaimer. Again, this chapter had not been professionaly Beated when I first wrote and posted it over on FanFiction. I went throught it and hopefuly I left few to no mistakes. The next chapter will have been edited by my current Beta. No Harry this chapter. Minerva is brought into the fold and Severus has supper with the Malfoys.

6. Chapter 5, Tell Me Lies, Sweet Little Lies by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 1] starstarstarhalf-star (4413 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, then things would be a whole lot different.

First off, let me thank my new Beta for this story, Alethea27. Her quick skills allowed me to edit this chapter and get it-up for you so soon. Thanks for all your reviews and understandings about the trouble I’ve been having with this story. I do hate making you having to wait so long for new chapters. This chapter takes place the day after the last chapter and will occur the same day as the opening day of the first chapter of Order of the Phoenix. However, it will mainly focus on Snape and Dumbledore. We all know too well the Dementor Attack on Harry and Dudley so I won’t cover that. I do combine elements of both the first chapter and the movie for the scenes dealing with Harry.

7. Chapter 6 Desired Questions and Unwanted Answers by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6845 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, then things would be a whole lot different.
A/N: Thank my Beta, Alethea27 for all her hard work. A long chapter for you to enjoy this time. This chapter follows the novel’s account of Harry and his relatives after the Dementors attack on him and Dudley. I did change a few of the details around and added a few things from the movie. This chapter begins during and after the events of the last chapter. The time schedule I created results in Harry being attacked on Sunday.

8. Chapter 7 The Face in the Mask by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 0] (4629 words) Printer

Thank my Beta, Alethea27 for all her hard work.

There will be accounts of child abuse in this chapter. I used the Half Blood Prince film version of Snape’s home in Spinner’s End rather than the book’s description but I did use the book’s description of the river. I also created a little history behind the town which I gave a name which you can read at my end author’s note at the end. In reference to a time line, Harry is attacked on Sunday and this chapter primarily takes place on the Thursday preceding the dementor attack.

9. Chapter 8 Fateful Meetings by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 2] starstarstarstarhalf-star (6635 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, then things would be a whole lot different. Thank my Beta, Alethea27 for all her hard work. There will be no Harry in this chapter. There is a lot of talking and details from the book and movie surrounding the prophecy that I added and put my own twist on along with the facts surrounding Voldemort’s Horcruxes which are from the book since the movie did not go into detail about them as the books do. I’ve also introduced four new characters of my own creation in this chapter. Another personal invention of mine is a spell to burn the Dark Mark onto a person’s skin. The events of this chapter take place on Friday.

10. Chapter 9 An Extra Guard by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 2] starstarstar (5361 words) Printer

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. If I did, then things would be a whole lot different. All my thanks to my wonderful Beta, Alethea27 for all her hard work and putting up with my horrid grammar. This chapter will contain a mixture of both the book and movie versions of the 2nd chapter, The Advance Guard. The description of Mundungus Fletcher is based on his appearance in The Deathly Hallows Part I. And of course, I’ve added my own unique view of things as well. There will mentions of abuse again in this chapter. Best of all, the Harry-Severus interaction begins in this chapter.

11. Chapter 10 Half Told Truths by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 1] starstarstarstarstar (9093 words) Printer

A/N: Thank my Beta, Alethea27 all her hard work. This is a long chapter for your enjoyment. Just letting you know, there is swearing in this chapter. I've also made some creative changes to the original canon of the novel and movie in this chapter. I will also be changing between different points of view as well.

12. Chapter 11 Ruminations by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 0] (4874 words) Printer

All my thanks to my wonderful Beta, Alethea27. This chapter is a little different. There's no Harry or Severus. Instead, it focuses on several characters that never seem to get as much attention as they should.

13. Chapter 12 A Window to the Past by GrandMoffAmbrius [Reviews - 4] starstarstarstar (4476 words) Printer

All my thanks to my wonderful Beta, Alethea27. Last Friday marked one year since I started posting this storyand I just want to thank all of you you have read, favorited, left reviews and stuck by when I didn't post any new chapters for months on end. Thank you all for your support. For fans of the loveable Weasley Twins, their concerned adoptive brother sides are well feature in this chapter. I don't think they got enough of that side of them shown in the books and movies as it should have been. There may be the feeling of slight Ron and Hermione neglecting but that's intentional I assure you. The title for this chapter comes from the same titled 7th track of the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban soundtrack.

To be continued...
GrandMoffAmbrius is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 48 members. Members who liked Enigma also liked 1470 other stories.

Disclaimer Charm: Harry Potter and all related works including movie stills belong to J.K. Rowling, Scholastic, Warner Bros, and Bloomsbury. Used without permission. No copyright infringement is intended. No money is being made off of this site. All fanfiction and fanart are the property of the individual writers and artists represented on this site and do not represent the views and opinions of the Webmistress.

Powered by eFiction 3.5