Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is a fairly short chapter
The One That He Loved

“Yes, Potter. It’s me. Who else do you think is cunning enough to find out where your precious family was living? It really wasn’t hard.”

“What do you want? I know you have a problem with me, so let my family go.”

“I can’t do that. I know the only way to hurt you, is to hurt those that you love. The Dark Lord knew that long ago. He will not be the one to kill Harry Potter, I will.”

“So, it’s true. You were a death eater.”

“I’m going to take away your family, just like he took away mine.”

Snape walked over to Ginny and the children, now pointing the wand at Harry.

“Who is it that you love most, Potter?”

He took the wand and began to point it at Harry’s children.

“Please stop Snape. You are scaring my family.”

The wand hovered over Ginny.

“God damn it Snape. Stop pointing your wand at my family.”

“It seems that we have a winner.”

Snape wrenched Ginny away from her children and dragged her to the middle of the room, despite the children’s screams of protest. James began to get up and run toward his mother.

“James!” Harry yelled in a stern tone, causing the boy to stop and look at his father. “Please sit down for me. Let me take care of mom.”

“But I want to help.” The boy protested.

“You know how you can help. You can go and sit with your brother. I want you guys to….” Harry looked around, trying to find something to distract his kids. There was a pile of book that were sitting beside his. “I want you guys to slowly read these books. Can you do that? If you finish, go ahead and read them again.”

“Okay.” James said as he walked over to his father. He took the books and went over with his baby brother.

“Make sure you face the wall.” Harry added.

“Okay, Daddy.”

Once he was sure that his kids were occupied, Harry turned back to Snape. His left arm was wrapped around Ginny’s shoulders and his wand pointed at her temple. Harry had to slow things down, get Snape to talk. He knew that there had been people outside when he first approached the house. Someone had to call for help.

“What do you mean when you said ‘like he took away mine’?” Harry questioned. “You had a family once?”

“Of course I had a family. My wife loved me very much and I loved her back. He took her away from me.”

“Who took her away from you?”

“Who do you think, Potter?”

“Voldemort.”

“That’s right. I married her right after Hogwarts. Can you guess who?”

“Why don’t you tell me?”

“I was once married to Lily Evans.”

The bottom fell out of Harry. How could his mother have married this evil man?

“What did my mother see in you?” Harry asked angrily, almost hurt that his mother could have loved this man

“I was smart, compassionate, and I was there for her. I treated her like a princess. I loved her to the ends to the earth. She knew that I was a death eater. Yes, that did bother her, but her love for me outweighed that small fact. No one knew I had married her. Had anyone known, we would have been dead. We were only married for a year, then my work began to get extremely dangerous. I began to spend more time with Voldemort and, even though I had learned occlumency, I was afraid that he would learn that I was married to a muggleborn. I divorced Lily to protect her. I had said nothing else to her. I just up and left her. It was the hardest decision that I had to make in my life.

She married James Potter just three weeks after we separated. I was hurt, I must admit. How could she marry the one person who made my life hell at Hogwarts? I heard, about eight months later, that she had given birth to a boy. I began to get suspicious. Something wasn’t right about it. I got access to your birth records. You were born a month to the day that we separated.”

“You’re my father?” Harry asked astounded.

“Of course I am your father, Potter. Why do you think that your hair is black? Your father had dark brown hair, Harry, not black. You bear more resemblance to me than to James Potter. I am your father.”