Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 11

After dinner, Harry rushed up to the Common Room. Eliza was already there.

Casting a silencing charm, Harry said, "Okay. So, do you want to start, or shall I start?"

"I'll start," Eliza replied. "Okay, it started a year ago. I was sleeping, and in my dream state, I was brought to Salazar, Godric, Rowena, and Helga. It was there that I learned I was the heir of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff."

"After three years of training, I was introduced to the Goddesses by the Founders. I was then bonded to Lady Shiara, being told that I must help another heir fight the Dark Lord." Eliza paused slightly, then continued. "Which now, happens to be you. My elements are light and fire." She smiled. "That's all, I think. You're turn."

So Harry told her about everything that had happened to him so far. The only fact he kept secret was that he was actually the Boy-Who-Lived.

When he finished, Eliza said, "Sebastien, you're keeping something from me. I can tell. Besides, teh story doesn't fit. Tell me the truth."

Harry sighed. "Fine," he answered. "But promise me, you will NEVER tell anyone else. Or I would be in danger."

Eliza nodded.

"Okay. My name isn't really Sebastien Frostpine."

"What is it then?"

"Harry Potter.

"WHAT?!!?!" Eliza gaped at him. "How?

"Shape-Shifting," Harry explained. "Here, I'll show you."

"Waving his hand, he sealed the door of the Slytherin common room. Then, he concentrated, imagining himself as the boy with messy, raven locks.

"Wow," Eliza exclaimed, seeing the scar on his forehead. "Now, it makes sense."

"Remember," Harry reminded. "You must never let anyone know."

"I promise."

Harry shifted back into Sebastien Frostpine.

"Do you know Shape-Shifting, Eliza?"

The girl smiled sadly. "No, I'm afraid not. Everyone specialize in a different thing. My talent is magical dancing. Rowena taught me."

Harry frowned. "Wait a minute. Eliza, how did you know I was hiding something from you?"

"When you became an elemental, did you have a special ability?"

Harry nodded, remembering how he had been able to see auras.

"Well, mine is... almost mind-reading, but I can't tell everything you're thinking. It's more kind of... truth telling is the better word to use. I can tell when you are lieing, or leaving something out."

"Did you recieve a gift when you were bonded, by the way?"

Eliza nodded. "I can speak the language of the unicorns and the gryffins," she said.

Harry smiled. "Cool. I speak Phoenixus and Parseltongue."

"Where they gifts too?"

"Phoenixus was a gift, but Parseltongue... I was born with the ability to speak it." He yawned, suddenly exhausted. "Blimey, I'm tired. I think I'll go to bed. 'Night, Eliza." With that, he headed up to his dorm.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He was standing in front of a large mansion. He automatically walked in, his feet leading him to the last room down the hall.

On the way, he spotted a large mirror hanging on the wall. Looking at it, he realized that he was no longer Sebastien Frostpine, but once again Harry Potter.

He sped up when he heard sounds fron the last room. When he stepped in, he heard Voldemort speaking.

"... Severus, how dare you disobey? This calls for punishment. Death Eaters, two rounds. Do whatever you like other than kill him or damage his potion-making skills. GO!"

Harry watched in horror as his Potions profesor was placed under various curses, over and over. Five minutes into the tortue, the man stopped reacting. There was a dead look in his eyes.

"Severus?" Harry asked, worried. "Can you hear me?" He kept his voice gentle and soothing, providing whatever warmth and comfort he could.

Severus' head snapped up. "Harry?" He finally rasped out disbelievingly.

"It's alright, Severus," Harry said quietly. "I'm here. Don't give up, Severus... There are people who need you. Just a bit longer, and you'll be back at Hogwarts." He reached up and put a reassuring hand on the shoulder of the trembling man. The shaking subsided almost immediately as Harry transfered a few healing spells through him with wandless magic.

Ten minutes later, Voldemort returned. "Enough," he declared. "Severus, I expect better from you this time." Seeing the Potions Master nod, he added, "Malfoy, Avery, bring him back to Hogwarts. Leave him at the Appartion point, someone will find him."

Harry watched as Lucius and Avery carried his professor out of the room.

He felt himself fading from the dream. Opening his eyes, he saw that he was back in the Slytherin dorm. But he couldn't fall asleep. Not yet.

Slipping into the invisibility cloak over his head, he walked silently out of the Slytherin dorms. Once outside, he broke into a run, racing towards the Apparation barrier at the edge of the Forbidden Forest.

When he got there, he saw his professor lying on the ground. Before taking off his cloak, he once again shifted into the form of Harry Potter.

Walking forward, he asked quietly, "Professor?"

For a second, Severus' face was blank. Then, he gasped out, "Potter?" He tried ot sit up, but failed.

"Don't try to move, Professor, you're hurt," Harry commanded, casting a healing charm to stop the bleeding. "I'm bringing you to the school." Reaching into his robes, he pulled out a bottle of the healing potion he had brewed several days ago. "Drink this, Professor."

Severus looked at the potion cautiously before reaching up to grasp it. But try as he might, his hands were shaking too much for him to drink it.

Harry, seeing this, kneeled down and grabbed the bottle. Gently helping a rather embarassed Potions Master sit up, he raised the bottle to the teacher's lips.

His professor relaxed as the potion took effect. He levitated the injured man and began the trek back to Hogwarts. There was a few moments of uncomfortable silence.

"You're supposed to be dead." Severus said finally.

"Oh, am I, Professor?" Harry laughed, a harsh, bitter laugh.

By then, they had already reached the castle. Harry pulled open the door but suddenly froze.

He heard the sound of footsteps coming around the corner. He quickly pulled on his cloak.

Madam Pomfrey walked into sight. She dropped the several bottles she had been carrying when she saw the battered Potions Master.

"Professor Snape!" She said, rushing towards the floating man. "Professor Dumbledore is very worried. He's looking for you. Come with me."

She went into full nurse mode and levitated her new patient. Harry smiled as she disappeared in the direction of the Hospital Wing.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Severus opened his eyes to find Dumbledore sitting in a chair beside his bed.

"Severus! How are you feeling?" The Headmaster asked, worry shining in his eyes.

"I'm fine," the Potions Master replied, feeling annoyed but smiling slightly. He tried to sit up, but his sore musles from doing so. Suddenly, he remembered. "Where's Potter?"

"Harry?"

"Yes, Harry."

"Severus, he's dead, remember?" Dumbledore asked gently.

"I know he is, but he was the one who bought me to Poppy."

"Nonsense," Madam Pomfrey said, walking into the room. "I was the one who found you in the corridors, and you were definately alone."

Severus quickly explained about what had happened. "... and he brought me into the hall when Poppy came," he finished.

Dumbledore and Pomfrey exchanged worried glances.

"Maybe you'd better get some sleep, Severus," she finally said.

The Potions Master, being exhausted, didn't protest. As soon as the Headmaster and nurse left, he drifted off into restless sleep. Had he stayed awake a little longer, he would have seen the figure emerge from the shadows of the room.

The shadowy figure walked slowly up to the bed. Emerald eyes melted into icy-blue as he watched the sleeping Potions Master, a content smile gracing his lips.

Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!