Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Summary: A few plans of Voldemort.... Includes action.
Chapter 15

"Are the plans ready, Wormtail?"

"Y-yes, my Lord," the cowering figure on the floor stuttered.

Voldemort flashed a sickening smirk. "Excellent," he hissed. "You have done well, Wormtail. You shall be rewarded."

"Thank you, my Lord," the figure said, relief evident in his voice.

"The attack will take place soon," Voldemort said. "Make sure you my most faithful followers are prepared. Do not inform anyone else, for there is a spy in our midst." He laughed, a cold sound. "When we attack Hogwarts and defeat Dumbledore, the world shall know who REALLY rules!"

Wormtail gave a nervous giggle before leaving. Next, another figure replaced the man. This person moved smoothly and elegantly. "My Lord," the velvety voice said. "You wished to see me?"

"Yes, my dear Severus," Voldemort replied. "Do you have a student with long, black hair and icy blue eyes?"

"Yes, My lord."

"Tell me about him."

"His name is Sebastien Frostpine and he is in sixth year."

"Does he show particular talent in any subjects?"

"Yes, my Lord. He is top in all classes and excels especially in Potions and Defense."

"How is it that he can resist the Cruciatus?'

"I do not kno, my lord."

Voldemort nodded. "I will question you again next time. For now, do you have any news on the Ministry or Dumbledore?"

"None, my lord."

"Ah, but Severus, you know that I do not take 'no progress' as an answer?"

"My most profused apologies, my Lord. I will make sure to gain information next time."

"To late, my Severus. You shall be punished. Crucio."

The dark figure stayed on the ground, and though he figeted slightly, he did not scream. Finally, the curse creased.

"You may go, Severus."

"Thank you, My Lord."

The figure left after kissing the hem of Voldemort's robes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Harry opened his eyes with a gasp, the pain of the Cruciatus still coursing through his body. He had to tell Dumbledore about the attack...

Checking his watch, he saw that it was only 5 in the morning. But this new was urgent, it couldn't wait. For all he knew, Voldemort could be attacking now. Jumping up, he pulled on his robes and slipped out the door, careful not to wake Draco or the rest of his dorm-mates.

Reaching the stone gargoyle, he guessed hopefully, "Lemon Drops?"

No such luck.

"Mars Bars?"

No reaction.

"Sugar Quills?"

Still no answer.

Frustrated, Harry yelled, "Just open up, you bloody door!" He kicked the gargoyle, achieving nothing but a pain in his foot.

"Canary Creams," a rich, velvety voice said behind him. Turning, he saw that it was his potions professor, leaning against the wall.

"Severus!" he cried, running over. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," the man replied, an amused smirk on his face. "And what, may I ask, are you doing doing here at five in the morning, Mr. Frostpine?"

"I-- er, have to talk to Professor Dumbledore, sir." Harry blushed slightly, hoping that the Potions Master would not question him any further.

Thankfully, just then, the door opened and Dumbledore stepped out, wearing purple night-robes. "Ah, Mr. Frostpine, Severus," he greeted. "I was expecting you." He stepped out of the way and allowed them to enter."

"Any news, Severus?" the Headmaster asked once they were seated.

"Albus," Severus replied uneasily, glacing at Harry.

Harry, getting the idea, was about leave when Dumbledore motioned for him to sit down. "It's alright, Severus," the old wizard said. "Sebastien may stay."

Severus nodded and quickly outlined the meeting.

Dumbledore nodded gravely. "Sebastien," he said, turning to him. "You must take extra precautions if Voldemort is indeed interested in you."

Harry nodded in agreement. Turning, he saw that Severus was flashing him a puzzled look. "Headmaster," he said in a low voice so only Dumbledore could here. "I have some news."

The man turned to Severus. "If you are alright, you may leave. Go to Poppy for any potions or medical treatment you might need."

"Good night, Headmaster," Severus said as he left the room. Dumbledore turned to Harry.

"What's wrong, Harry?"

Harry quickly told the older wizard about what he had heard. "...So I don't know when the attack will be," he finished.

The headmaster nodded gravely. "I see," he said. "Please inform me of any further notice, and I will tell you if Severus find out any information on this attack. If that is all, you may leave.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It wasn't until almost November that it happened. It was during lunch time in the Great Hall when Harry suddenly felt a painful tinge in his scar. The pain grew until it was almost blinding. Immediately, he knew. The Death Eaters and Voldemort were coming.

Ignoring Draco questions, he turned to Eliza. "Voldemort," he whispered in her ear. "Be ready."

The girl nodded, grabbing her wand as Harry did the same. He immediately got up and rushed up to the headtable. Unfortunately, Dumbledore had been called away on Ministry business. Severus was missing also. He ran up to the only other person he was familiar with, Remus, not aware that the entire hall was watching him curiously.

"Sir," he whispered urgently. "Voldemort's coming. He's about to attack."

Remus looked at him in confusion, but Harry ignored him and raced back to the Slytherin table.

Just then, the door of the Great Hall flew open and crowds of figures dressed in black dashed into the room.

"Students, back!" McGonagal yelled as she herded the students over to the corner of the Great Hall. The only students who did not listen, however, were Harry Potter and Eliza Rosethorn.

Harry jumped up, about to stun a nearby Death Eater when suddenly, Voldemort himself appeared through the doorway. Both students and teachers let out a startled gasp as the reptilian man stalked into the room.

Without thinking, Harry turned away from the Death Eater and turned to the Dark Lord. "Voldemort," he said, his voice icy, as he looked at the man (if he can be called such a thing).

"And who are you?" The Dark Lord asked, turning to him, his voice cruel. By then, the hall was still, the Death Eaters stopping to watch their master.

"Does it matter at all?" Harry asked, making sure his voice was firm but quiet.

Voldemort looked at him, an eyebrow raised. "You dare speak back to me?"

Harry smirked. "What, surprised?"

The man turned his reptilian eyes upon him. "This calls for punishment," he said. "Crucio."

Harry could easily block the Unforgivable, considering the skills Salazar had taught him, but he didn't want to show all his true secrets just yet. The curse hit, but he gave no reaction. "Pathetic," he hissed, his voice causing the hair on the back of everyone's neck to stand up.

Voldemort stopped the curse. "Ah, you are Sebastien Frostpine, I suppose," he said. "How is it that you can resist an Unforgivable?"

Harry sneered. "Thank is for me to know, and you to find out."

"I give you a chance, Sebastien," Voldemort said. "Join me, and I will lead you to greatness. Stay on the side of the losers, and you shall die, just lie the others."

"I bow to no one, Voldemort."

The icy voice caused everyone in the room to gasp.

"This calls for punishment." The Dark Lord smiled sickeningly. "Culter!"

Harry lept out of the way, the curse hitting the floor beside him. This caused the teachers to start. McGonagal once again began guarding the children, calling out shields and protection wards to keep the students safe. Flitwick started to attack the Death Eaters while Remus stepped up, about to approach Harry.

"SILENCE!" Voldemort said, causing everyone in the room to freeze. "Death Eaters, watch for now. I will make an example out of this boy. Hogwarts teachers, I suggest you stay put unless you wish to die."

All the teachers ignored the warning, approaching them, but Harry lifted his wand, throwing up a shield to stop the staff members from approaching. "Stop," he commanded, his voice full of authority. "Do not come closer."

"Ready to die, boy?" Voldemort asked, a sick smile on his face.

"Afraid that won't happen today, Voldemort."

"What can a little boy like you do, Frostpine?"

Harry smirked at the other's tactics. "Ah yes, but little boys and grow to be great things. After all, everyone was young once, were they not, Tom?"

Voldemort stopped, looking at him piercingly. Harry heard many of the teachers gasp, undoubtedly wondering how he had known the Dark Lord's childhood name.

Before Harry knew what was happening, anothing curse came at him. He quickly raised a shield, blocking the spell.

"Ah, this will be interesting," Voldemort hissed. "I will be able to take my time and slowly break you. Unless you've changed your mind about joining me?"

"I'ld die before I join you, Tom Marvalo Riddle." The words were said with such venom that the students shivered.

"Very well." The Dark Lord raised his wand. "Imperio!"

Harry heard a small nagging voice in his head ("Join me!"), but it barely affected him.

"Down to Imperious Curses now, aren't you, Tom?" he asked. "No matter, it down not work on me."

"So, you can fight, can you not?" Voldemort sneered. "Prepare to die. Senario!"

A black beam shot towards him and Harry leaped up into the air, dodging it while riding the wind. There was gasps heard around the room as they saw the student standing on thin air.

"Incendio!"

"Tut, tut," a voice said from behind his back. "I would have thought a Dark Lord such as you would have used a more advanced spell. Want to play with fire, do you not? Be prepared."

Harry turned and saw that it was Eliza who had spoken. She stepped up beside him, her grey eyes flashing with mischief. Her hair flew in the hair.

The next thing everyone knew, a fire engulfed Voldemort. "Extinguero!" They heard as the flames disappeared.

"And who are you, little girl?" Voldemort asked.

"None of your business," Eliza replied bluntly. "Now shut up."

Harry could have laughed at the expressions on everyone's faces. Voldemort looked livid with rage at this rudeness. "Encavio!" The Dark Lord shouted.

A column of flame rose before them, surrounding both Harry and Eliza, cutting them both off and shielding the curse. Harry grinned. "Thanks, Eliza," he said."

"No problem. What stradegy shall we go for? I know we can't do anything majoy since Dumbledore's not here, but what should we do in the meantime?"

"The Wind and Fire dance," Harry replied, listing off one of the stradegies Lady Lyra had taught him. "You know that one right?"

Eliza nodded. The next thing they knew, the flame column disappeared.

Harry immediately used his elemental powers and called the wind to him. He moved around in a dance-like motion, one move flowing into another. He sliced his hand through the air, cutting the current in half. One half, he pushed towards Voldemort's right side, the other, Voldemort's left.

He could feel the fire energy radiating off of Eliza. The girl let out a burst of fire, pushing Voldemort back against the wall until he could go no further. Voldemort managed to cast a shield to block the fire, but he was unable to block the wind. Finally, with one last curse, he called out, "Death Eaters, attack," and Disapparated.

The Death Eaters immediately complied. Harry turned away from the spot Voldemort was a minutes ago as he stunned a masked figure. He was about to petrify another when he stopped. There was something about the way the person moved...

"Sebastien!" A velvety voice hissed softly. "It's me!"

It was Severus. He immediately waved his hand, forming a ring of ice above the head of the Potions professor, protecting him from all spells, curses, and hexes. Then, he turned to the next person.

He petrified another, but his robes were set on flames. He doused the fire with ice as he turned to the next person. However, just then, he heard about half a dozen voices intone, "Crucio."

He felt as if his body was on fire. About five Cruciatus curses had been aimed at him, and now, pain was coursing through his body. The pain stopped as abruptly it started as the said Death Eaters prepared to Disapparate. Harry quickly set an Anti-Appartion charm around them, preventing them from going anywhere. He immediately stunned the lot.

Beside him, Eliza was setting the robes of another Death Eater on flames. He smirked as he saw the said figure slide to the ground, trying to extinguish the flames. Severus seemed to be getting attacked from all directions, but the ice halo was keeping the curses from doing any damage.

However, he froze when he saw what was happening in front of him. Remus as fighting a Death Eater, but the werewolf never realized that two more figures were sneaking up behind him.

"REMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed, as one of the figure raised his wand.

His heart froze and plummeted off of the Earth as the figure screamed.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!