Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter Summary: A visit to the kitchens in the middle of the night...
Chapter 18

By the beginning of the Christmas holidays, Harry was declared well enough to go back to the Slytherin dorms. Although the dizzy spells still hit, these were rare and could be taken care of by his friends.

That year, most of the school population was going home. The only people in Slytherin were Harry, Draco, and Eliza. Ron, Hermione, and a second year named Mira Breechwood. In Ravenclaw stayed Cho Chang and her friend Marietta. All Hufflepuffs had gone home for Christmas.

Dumbledore had announced that there would be a Yule Ball the day all the students came back since it had been extremely popular in the fourth year. Most of the girls had been talking about what they would wear when they had left for the Hogwarts Express.

Harry was just sitting in the Slytherin Common Room one day as he gazed into the blazing fire. Draco was out flying and the dorms were empty expect for he and Eliza. Feeling bored, he decided to speak with Lady Lyra.

//My Lady?// He asked quietly.

//Hello, Harry,// came the softly reply. //It's been long since you've last talked with me.//

//I apologize, it was an eventful month.//

//Oh? What has happened?//

Harry quickly explained about the attack on Hogwarts. //Thankfully, Dumbledore managed to keep the Dailey Prophet press away from the school.// He sighed. //My Lady, do you know why I managed to survive the Killing Curse again?//

//Three things are required for the survival of the Killing Curse: love, sacrifice, and immense power. You loved Remus like a second godfather, and you were willing to sacrifice yourself for him. The amount of power you had inside you burst out to form a shield. Normally, shields would not work against the Killing Curse, yet your shield was so powerful and made of such love that you and Remus both survived.// Lady Lyra paused slightly. //That is why you have survived.//

//Does that mean Dumbledore can save people from the Killing Curse if he wished?// Harry asked curiously. He knew that the old man was one of the most powerful wizards alive.

//Although Dumbledore is powerful, he is not powerful enough. You, Harry, are more powerful than he with the blood of Godric and Salazar running through you.//

Harry gaped as his jaws dropped. /He/ was more powerful than /Dumbledore/??? Suddenly, an amused voice cut through his thoughts.

"What's the matter, Sebastien?"

Looking up, he saw that Eliza was standing in front of him, her grey eyes flashing with amusement.

"I was just talking to Lady Lyra," he replied, grinning despite his cold tone.

"I havn't talked to Lady Shiara for a while too," the girl replied. "She's always busy these days." She sighed, then brightened. "Hey, I had an idea earlier: Do you think we can visit Rowena and the others during the Christmas break?"

"How do you suppose we do that?"

Eliza shrugged. "I don't know. Ask Lady Lyra."

Harry complied. //Lady, Eliza asked whether there is a way we can go visit the Founders during the holiday?//

//Hmm...? came the answer. //It might be possible if I transport you... How about this: Get everything you need ready by tomorrow at eight fifty in the morning. Wait in an empty classroom or a disused closet. At prompty nine o'clock, I will transport you to the Founder's dimension. Okay?//

//Thank you!// Harry said happily as he cut off his connection. He quickly told Eliza about what the Lady had said. "... so I need to get to Hogsmeade to get gifts. Coming with me?"

"Of course," the girl replied. "Come on, let's go, get your cloak!"

"How did you know about my invisibility cloak?"

Eliza smirked. "I have my ways. Come on!"

Grabbing his cloak, he led Eliza towards the statue of the witch with one eye. Opening the tunnel, he headed into Hogsmeade.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Several hours later, both students came back, levitating about a dozen bags between them. "Come on," Harry panted as he led the way to the Slytherin Common Room, careful to cover the presents with his cloak.

Walking into the Common Room and closing the door behind them, they came face-to-face with Draco Malfoy.

"Where WERE you guys?" the blond asked. "I was looking everywhere for you for the last... three hours!"

"Er..." Harry stuttered, trying to levitate the presents into his dorm without the boy noticing. "I.. um..."

"COME ONE!" Eliza yelled, grabbing the presents and dragging him upwards. Harry didn't need anymore encouragements: he bolted into the dorms, placing locking spells and silencing charms behind him.

"What's that spell you used?" Eliza asked curiously. "I've never heard it before."

"It's a modified silencing charm," Harry explained. "It allows you to hear what's going on outside, but doesn't allow the person outside to hear what's going on inside." He smirked when he heard Draco yelling downstairs. "Come on, let's wrap the gifts."

Two hours later, they finished. Harry hid the gifts for Ron, Hermione, Severus, Remus, Draco, and Eliza under his bed while he grabbed the gifts for the Founders and stored them into his trunk. He also stuffed in several pairs of robes. He stored the trunk beside his pillow. Only when he and Eliza were both ready did he take off the locking charm.

A second later, Draco burst into the room. "WHAT THE DEVIL WERE YOU DOING IN THERE!!??!" He yelled. "I've been waiting for hours!!!"

After listening to the boy ramble for another five minutes, Draco finally calmed down. "So," he said. "Out with it. Where were you earlier?"

Harry sighed. "Fine, I'll tell you. We sneaked into Hogsmeade to buy Xmas gifts and we were wrapping them for the last... two hours."

"What?" Draco's eyes grew wide. "You know a secret way into Hogsmeade?"

"You don't?" Harry smirked. "My, my, Draco... You've been at Hogwarts for six years, and you tell me you don't know the secret passageway into Hogsmeade? Fine, do you know the way into the kitchens?"

Draco shook his head. "Show me?" He pleaded.

Harry grinned. "How about this: let's go down to the kitchen tonight and we'll get some food in here."

"Perfect."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That night, the trio headed down to the kitchens in Harry's invisibility cloak. They went down several floors and turning, started down the marble staircase of the Entrance Hall.

"What are we doing HERE?" Draco whispered in his ear.

"You see," Harry replied softly. "Come on."

He hurried towards the small, obscure door at the side of the room. Pulling it open, he walked down a flight of stone steps into a brightly lit hallway that was decorated with paintings of food.

"Hurry up," he said softly as he dragged the blond over to a painting of a giant fruit bowl. Eliza stood right behind them.

Reaching up, he stretched out his forefinger and tickled an enormous green pair. It began to squirm, chuckling slightly, then... turned into a large green doorhandle. He grabbled it and pulled the door open.

He stepped into a huge, high-ceilinged room, almost as large as the Great Hall located above them. Glittering pots and pans hung from the stone walls and the large, brick fireplace. Turning to Eliza and Draco, he grinned. "Welcome to the Hogwarts kitchen."

"How did you know it was located here?" Draco asked, looking around.

"I have my sources." He smiled as he raised his voice. "Dobby? Winky?"

A second later, a squealing elf ran into the room. "Mr. Frostpine, sir! Dobby is honoured to meet you, sir, for you save Hogwarts from evil, bad wizards, sir. Would you like some food, sir?"

Dobby looked up at him, his enormous, tennis-ball shaped size brimming with tears of joy. His bat-like ears flapped happily and he was wearing a shortened maroon sweater. His tea-cosy hat stuck up on his head, on which he had pinned many badges of different shapes and sizes.

"Er...." Harry looked down, cheeks flushing. "Sure, Dobby. Call me Sebastien. Just bring us... some cake and stuff. Where's Winky?"

"Yes, sir, of course, sir. You have heard of Winky, sir? She's right here."

A minutes later, Winky walked in at a more dignified pace, carrying trays and trays of food and snacks. Draco's eyes widened at the sight.

After a few more minutes, they stuffed their pockets with cream cakes, sweets, and pies as they retreated from the kitchens with the invisibility cloak over them.

Halfway up the staircase, Harry heard shuffling footsteps coming nearer and nearer. He backed away into the wall, pulling Eliza and Draco with him. A minute later, Severus appeared. However, he was obviously hurt: He was limping slightly as a trickle of blood ran down the side of his face. His breathing was highly irregular, and the man was panting.

Without giving it a second thought, Harry immediately pulled the cloak off of himself, although still covering Draco and Eliza. "Professor," he cried softly, walking over to assist the man. "What happened? Are you alright?"

Severus smiled at him slightly, but his eyes were painful. "Meeting. Cruciatus." That was all he had to say.

"How many times?"

"Three."

Harry immediately leaned down and pulled the Potions Master to the floor. He transfigured one of the pies into a chair as pushed the man into it. "Relax," he ordered as he placed his hands on Severus' back and sent waves of healing energy into it.

As he gave off the energy, he felt his legs weaken beneath him. His magical energy was still recovering from the Killing Curse of a few weeks ago. Just as he was about to collapse, a hand grabbed him, wrapping him into a protective embrace.

"Sebastien?"

He looked up and saw obsidian black eyes looking into his. "I'm fine," he said weakly, trying to stand.

"I'll have to take you back to the Slytherin dorms." The professor said, cutting off his mutterings. Just as the man was about to stand up, two other voices rang through the air.

"It's alright, Professor. We'll take him."

"You can go rest now, sir."

Harry smiled as he heard Eliza and Draco's voices. He saw Severus' surprised expression before the Potions Master nodded.

"All right. Take care of him." With that, the man left, his robes swirling behind him.

The trio got back to the dorms in another ten minutes. By then, Harry was feeling much better. After stuffing themselves full with the snacks they had got, they each went to bed.

As Harry crawled under the covers, he smiled in anticipation, thinking of what tomorrow would bring.

Chapter End Notes:
PLEASE REVIEW!!!