Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 2

When I woke up, I was in my bed at Gryffindor tower. That's how I knew that what I "dreamt" last night was real. I made my way down to the Great Hall in search of Ron and Hermione. When I got in there, I was taken aback by the sight of Professor Snape helping Madame Pomfrey with the wounded. I wanted to run and tell Dumbledore about this, but I knew that I couldn't. If anyone found out about what was happening, I would be taken away by St. Mungo's for mental evaluation. I also wouldn't be able to explain what was happening. So, I would keep this to myself.

I continued like this for a long time. I continued to switch between my two lives. In one life, Snape was alive. In the other life, Snape was dead and all of my friends were alive. As this kept going, it became easier to hide this from others. Funerals for the dead began about two weeks after the final battle and I attended every single one of them. By doing so, I was hoping to stay in the good graces of the public for as long as possible.

There was only one funeral that I didn't want to attend and that was for the Weasley family and Hermione. Just as I had with every other funeral, I spoke at this one. When I had finished speaking, Neville and Luna spoke. Even though they spoke, I heard nothing of what they were saying. I was still wallowing in my grief for their passing.

I didn't have much time to grieve though. They came for me a month later. By that time, I had been so use to my alternating universes that it became second nature. Snape had allowed me to stay with him since the battle ended. This caused one slight change in my alternating universe. I would fall asleep in Snape's house and change worlds, but when I woke up again in Snape's world, I would wake up in the same room that I had fallen asleep in while at Professor Snape's house.

They came for me about a month after the funerals had finished. Just before lunch, we had heard a loud banging on the door. Snape ordered me to stay in the kitchen while he went to check to door. I heard the door open and a man began talking to him.

"You can't do this. He's done nothing wrong!" I heard Snape pleading as footsteps walked toward the back of the house.

We had been expecting this for some time. We've read the Daily Prophet articles. We heard the outrage of the people who had lost loved ones. We expected this to happen.

The men entered the kitchen with Snape following them.

"Harry Potter, you are under arrest." The Auror stated

"What are the charges?" I questioned.

"You are being charged with the murders of three-hundred and forty-six people as a result of the second wizarding war and, more specifically, the battle at Hogwarts."

As the auror explained this to me, I could hear Snape shouting over him.

"Harry, don't say a word! Don't do anything! I will get this sorted out!"

I didn't listen to Snape or anyone in the room. I pulled out my wand and punched the first man closest to me. I was easily overtaken by the other Aurors

"Harry, stop fighting! I will figure this out." Snape called out as they dragged me out of the house.

I was taken to Azkaban, the guards leading me down the halls. The death eaters that had survived and were captured, were plastered to the bars of their cells. They were clapping their hands at my entrance.

"You're no worse than us!" One of them shouted.

"How does it feel to be the villain now!" Another called.

I knew when they took me to my cell that I was screwed. My cell was guarded by three dementors and I had no wand to protect myself. They fed off of me almost instantly. Anyone who ever died for me I watched die again. My parents, dead. Cedric, dead. Sirius, dead. Dumbledore, dead. Hermione, dead. The Weasley family, dead. Moody, dead. Remus and Tonks, dead. Dobby, dead. I watched all of them die again. 

I didn't have to relive anything for long because, at some point, I collapsed to me knees and fell unconscious.


 

I woke up in the Boy's Dormitory, being shaken awake by Ron.

"The first funerals are starting today." He whispered to me.

"So soon after the battle?" I questioned. It had been two weeks since the war had been won.

"They want to put it all behind them." Was the only answer that Ron could give me.

I got up, showered, and changed into funeral appropriate clothes. Most of the funerals were held today and one of those funerals were for Professor Snape. People didn't really understand why we were burying Snape. "He's a death eater, why should we give him the same rights as those who fought on the good side?" Apparently, McGonagall pushed to have him buried, on account of "Dumbledore's orders."

As I did at all other funerals, I spoke at Snape's. I talked about how he had given his life for the good fight. I know that no one listened to me. They would all rather believe the well fabricated lie than to agree that they were wrong. The funerals had finished that day at twilight. I was pulled aside by Mrs. Weasley when they were finished.

"Harry, come to The Burrow with us." She said.

"No, I don't want to impose."

"Oh, nonsense. Where are you planning on staying anyways?" She questioned.

I really hadn't thought about that answer. As of that morning, I had been staying at Hogwarts. I was no longer allowed to though because they were beginning to repair the castle.

"I was going to stay at Grimmauld Place." I lied.

"Harry, that's no place for a boy of your age to be living right now. Come home with us."

Behind her, I could see Ron giving me a look that said "Don't argue with her. It will be better for everyone if you just agree with her."

"Are you sure?" I inquired.

"Oh for heaven's sake, Harry. Yes, I am sure. You are part of the family now."

"Thank you very much, Mrs. Weasley."

I only agreed to go because I really had no place to go. I really wasn't planning on going back to Grimmauld place. I don't think I could handle being there by myself and I had no other options. So I went to the Burrow to stay with the Weasley Family. All of my belongings (which wasn't much) was in the room that I shared with Ron. We both went up to his room after dinner and laid down in our beds. Within seconds, I was asleep.